All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. vectormatic

42108 - Mobile Crane

Im not seeing any space for an axle to branch off of the back outriggers, nor an opportunity to drive the front ones in that space. There isnt a whole lot of space in the mid-section to pass axles through either. It might be modable, but stock im not seeing it
  3. Guyon2002

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I HATE Harumi being back, this could potentially ruin the entire ending to her story in SoG/Hunted. Was it really that difficult to let her remain dead?
  4. AVCampos

[APP] BrickController2

Since they can be programmed (plus the EV3 runs full Linux), wouldn't it be more practical to have them connected directly to the gamepad instead of having to rely on a "middle man" phone?
  5. Guyon2002

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

It's definetely not from the CMF, actual pieces don't leak 9 months in advance
  6. I guess the model grows on me, the longer i look at it.. ...... Or does it?
  7. makoy

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I was expecting a bigger build for the Gamer Market but I can't complain with the amount of minifigures included. You just can't argue with that.
  8. I think it's mostly due to the audience. It's got to be sturdy because kids WILL bump into everything, and that doesn't help the looks. Colours seem mostly tame to me. And as for performance; it seems to be pretty much on par with the vehicles here, most of which are built by AFOLs unconstrained by the limitations that Lego has. Price is still ridiculous, though.
  9. Toastie

Misadventures in Tilt

@Hod Carrier Sorry to hear that your project did not make into the competition. However, this is a really nice and challenging project and thus per definition in “my world” As @zephyr1934 has already shown avenues to go, I’d only like to chip in a couple of additional thoughts. This project certainly has (at least) five major challenges to think about: Hardware for propulsion and tilting (motors, gearing) Hardware for sensing (speed and angle) Software to control the hardware. Software to establish communication between you and the remote system. In addition, how much of intrinsic automation do you want to equip your train with? E.g. You supply the instruction “Go forward at speed 7”: Should the engine/train accelerate using a profile, with controlling the speed rather than the actual setting on the motor (PID or the like)? Now, I’d put the hardware on for later, as the software needs to be designed first. Learned that the hard way; when you do it the other way around, mechanical restrictions may blow away all your software dreams and you’d need to redesign from scratch. The one thing I’d make fix is: Type of PBrick, sensors, and actuators “required”. As far as I can tell, you are going with an EV3 PBrick along with EV3 motors, is that correct/fixed? As these motors have built-in rotation sensors, PID is already solved. I’d go with that for propulsion. The tilting mechanism is also with EV3 motors, right? So that is also taken care of as you can go to a certain angle. Instead of the tilting sensor, I’d measure the rotation angle of one of the bogies. With that information and the speed you already know, you could calculate a corresponding tilting angle, let that max out or reset to zero within constraints you are defining. With regard to programming: SCOUT, RCX(n), NXT, and EV3 can do multi-tasking (sliced time). I’d thus set-up one task (as infinite loop) recording all relevant sensor data, maybe a little data manipulation, and make these globally available. Another task (another infinite loop) could do communication and again provide relevant data to the main task (light on/off, speed setting, etc.). Next a task to handle the tilting mechanism (infinite loop). The remaining main task starting all this in a sound a logical way and then goes into an infinite loop manages the motor power setting for propulsion and coordinates all the other stuff. Advantage is that you can individually set up each looping time. Some tasks may need to respond swiftly (messaging) others are not required to run with micro second temporal resolution … Have done “comparable” (no tilting though!!!) things with an historic RCX PBrick and plain train motors (no built-in PID) as well as with NXT PBricks for my train layout (train, switch point, bridge, light control). (Let me know if you need more on this) And then I’d try to figure out how to build all this. Maybe linear actuators could help or whatever. Just go to the Technic forum and ask - they do breathtakingly >crazy< things over there. To say the least. And to the Mindstorms forum to get the latest software hacks - I believe, they can already do time travelling using an EV3. At least it sounds to me like that. All the best and good luck with this very, very interesting project! Thorsten
  10. pooda

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

@Roebuck You crazy as hell, dude. The only thing I would probably get these for is to expand on bricks. Otherwise, I'd try to find the last police station on clearance. I mean yes Lego City is for children. But at least back in 2008, police sets were tasteful.
  11. Stormfury

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Hello guys, I like the new 8 wide models, they look more neat. I'm wondering, did someone try to rebuild the Porsche (75895) in 8 wide?
  12. Roebuck

I could if the CMF or set was coming anytime soon, looks like that it not the case so I guess it is in the next modular
  13. Roebuck

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I think this is a excellent wave of police/fire sets! Why you say?! Because I never buy police and fire sets anymore, so I look at if it has any new parts for me it has a new English bulldog piece so already there it is a winner It has the owl in a new color Some other observations: the flying helicopters and especially the magnets is something I would have loved when I was a kid from what I can see there is a lot of females 7 male cops and 7 male robbers, but also 5 female cops and 5 female robbers I like that the criminals have a dog to fight the police dog It is also really funny that the set with the mafioso called Vito has a create of fish in it I wonder which minfig that is sleeping with the fishes Remove the animals, minifigs and new play-features and the rest it is not very impressive to me as a AFOL, but I am sure the kids will love it
  14. neonic

[MOC] The Old School Caravan Trip

That's a real tiny caravan Sleeps very comfortable. Looks great with the roof and bike rack. Gives me a bit of a caricature / cartoon(isch) feel. Also nice car, nice details too. Tiny car fits great with the the tiny caravan. Like it.
  15. Lego David

LEGO Ninjago 2020

The Gamer Market has 9 minifigures. It's the first time we are getting so many minfigures in such a small set! Plus that Large Shuriken piece in Trans Neon Green looks amazing! It would look very good on a Constraction MOC! If the set is 30$ or less, I'm pretty sure I'll get it eventually. The Tuner Car also looks pretty cool, and I love those Trans-Neon Green Blade pieces! Those too would work great for a Constraction MOC!
  16. LegendsOfNinjago

LEGO Ninjago 2020

$30 and $70 Respectively I think
  17. BacktoBricks

So if the white bulldog is in City, what about the brown one? Could it be Ripper from a CMF? I can't say Marge and Ripper are at the top (or even lower really) on my want list, but it does not seem to be from the new Hidden Side, City, Friends or Ninjago sets. Do any DC characters have a bulldog companion?
  18. SNIPE

42108 - Mobile Crane

Are you sure? I'm sure I saw axles linking the front to the rear outriggers in one of the images. I have already started making a chassis with diffs on all axles, suspension and steering, one axle is done now and I'll post an image + the ldraw file in the '42108 mods' thread when it exists.
  19. AnyColourYouLike

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Anyone knows much will the Gamer's Market and the Imperial Temple Of Madness retail for?
  20. MAB

Custom minifig help?

I almost said the same thing, but looking at this image, she appears to have some connection with Egypt (I have no clue about the source, I don't play the game). So the Egyptian Queen hair might be appropriate.
  21. Leaks are out. That monster burger truck or whatever you called it, is the most ridiculous yet most beautiful thing I have seen. It makes the burger bar(60214) from lego city look like a joke. Also, love that buildable dog.
  22. badchriss

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I knew it. The Gamers Market is a bit of a Kryptarium Prison situation with a small build and a plethora of minifigs. And I love it. Those new gaming themed sets are looking really wild and give off a very cyberpunk-ish vibe. Big surprises are Harumi being back (she's not hooking up with the next big wig villain, is she?) and Cole with his Dangerbuff mustache😂 Those healthbars are a funny idea.
  23. I think that is the case. The diff house seems to be inserted into the gear, so if they were to be assembled, the house would attach with half pins, not full pins, into the gear. Or there would be pins sticking out the gear, but that would be odd too.
  24. Rudivdk

Technic General Discussion

Check out the 2020 City line-up... Link to Dutch website
  25. Marinho

[MOC] Service Station

Thanks @peedeejay! I loved that set as soon as I saw it. It has already a lot of cool details, like the pump that I barely changed from the original one. Thanks @LegoDW! I still don't own Corner Garage. but I guess that if I had a city, the people would be happy with my Service Station. Thanks again @pooda! Thanks @Littleworlds! Actually I got the inspiration for the interior, from a station that I stopped every weekend when I was traveling from Nuremberg to Zurich. Thanks @deraven! It was not easy for me to take the pictures. Have an awesome camera, but my photography skills.... Thanks @lightningtiger! Thanks @gotoAndLego! You have a good point there... I might change that if I ever build a city and add this build there. Thanks @Agent 86! I thinks it was worth the time I spend adding all the details. The few stickers also help a lot. Thanks @Man with a hat! Actually after I finish building it, it started to remind me of a pizzeria with all those tiles. But I thinks it looks good and represents the Octan scheme perfectly.
  1. Load more activity