All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mr Hobbles

Powered Up - A tear down...

There are certainly a lot of components coming out, I expect it to get even more confusing! I think one thing to note is that all the "hubs" (PUP Hub, Boost move hub, SPIKE Prime hub, Duplo train base, even PUP remote control) are basically they same. They all speak the same Bluetooth protocol to the app as each other. The only difference is with the inbuilt motors and sensors and number of ports. Even the different inbuilt functionality (RGB lights, Duplo built in speaker, voltage and current, etc) are all just "sensors" in the firmware. The only difference is that you can't physically unplug them. :) Just an example - even the PUP remote is just another "hub"! The only difference is it has no ports, and the left and right buttons are just two inbuilt/non-removable sensors. Every hub also supports every other LPF2 device. You can plug a Boost motor into a WeDo 2.0 hub and it'll recognize it. You should be able to put a SPIKE Prime motor into a PUP hub and it'll recognize it. The only differences is whether the app you're using allows you to use that device. :) So, if you're only interested in the PUP hub ("Hub.No4", "Smart Hub 2 I/O", whatever you/they want to call it), it's quite exciting as hopefully you'll be able to use the entire range of LPF2 motors and sensors with it. Perhaps Lego will be slow with updating their official apps to support them, but our third-party apps and libraries should be faster! (I already have orders in for SPIKE Prime, and intend to do the same with the LEGO Technic Liebherr on launch). Regarding the firmware - the protocol for updating the firmware seems to be documented, but we don't have any firmware to try it with at the moment. :) As @veezer suggested perhaps someone can do a TCP dump of the app traffic and figure out where it's downloading the firmware from. But it's not on my roadmap.
  3. Retro Brick Reviews

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Thou hast been dm'ed.
  4. soccerkid6

Free Build Mitgardia: Hermit's Hide-out

Fun gardens setup, and I like how you utilized wall panels with columns of 1x1 round bricks between them An overview shot would certainly be appreciated, as it looks to be a very cool layout with various levels and walkways. The Mitgardian rangers are certainly in high demand these days!
  5. Thank you, it is nice to hear it. I stopped posting my Creator alternatives here because it looked like nobody cares about them... Now I've found out that most of people here don't care about Creator 3 in 1 at all.
  6. Procrastinathan

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Seconded. Would've dropped £50 in a heartbeat, even though there aren't any sets on shelves that I'm particularly interested in atm
  7. Spud The Viking

Food for thought

Really interesting stuff, thanks for sharing!
  8. grego18f

LEGO Technic Supercar Auction

An awesome model for an awesome cause. I love every detail into this supercar! I wish you good luck for the auction, and hope you will earn as much money as you deserve.
  9. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

Yes, it is a Streamline
  10. Yeah! Tower promo is on its way. got an email today from Lego Vip. They have it now in the Netherlands.
  11. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

I really like your Scania (a Streamline isn't it?). The all white color scheme looks good to me, but you can maybe try to swap the white mudguards with black or dark grey ones. Well done for the V8 badge!
  12. TurboTj-DK

I have sent you a dm, I would be honored to be allowed to see the picture or hear any more details :D xD
  13. Drunknok

Food for thought

I like this channel a lot, and they have recently done an episode about sailors food of the 18th century: This should have you covered until the WTCM returns.
  14. LucasLaughing

[CONTEST] Benny's Spaceships Building Academy

Woo-hoo - thanks Bob!!
  15. ritztoys

[MOC] Southern Pacific 4-10-2

Thank-you Jeff, your design of this beautiful locomotive was just needing a little more detail(in my mind) as it will have it's own display case. Besides, it is very interesting to watch go by on a track layout and see all those 'rods' going through their movements. Not exactly like 'Baker Valve Gear', but similar. (I'll tear up the living room and move out furniture to lay out some track to test it!) Now all I have to do is build some rolling stock or some fancy coaches.(next fall)
  16. If the info is same, afaik it's only 3,000 set per country. Molten & Hydro set would be a great combo deal with that Tower, hoping to get another Tower on 22nd!
  17. JJ Tong  (zfogshooterz)

[BSBA] Cat B - Benny's Locomotive/Spaceship

The way the booster works is pretty cool. I also dig it's manueverability too! A pretty neat spaceship there!
  18. Roebuck

If you have it? What is in the calendar?
  19. Today
  20. Dannylonglegs

The Forest 3 Mafia Sign-Up Thread

Yeah I feel that. Dannylonglegs has no similarity to my actual name, which is Patrice, but I've grown to identify with it I remember the "Construction Man" ~Insectoid Aristocrat
  21. Digger of Bricks

Marvel Cinematic Universe

22. crazymotion

Band of Brothers!

Hello huys! If you love "Band of brothers" and Lego then I hope you will like "LEGO Band of Brothers" LOL Welcome to the premiere!
  23. When I joined I was Bob the Construction Man for whatever reason. Now it’s just Bob, even though that’s not my name or any variation of it. I’ve contemplated changing it to my actual name or to my normal online handle I use everywhere else but I’ve been Bob for over 10 years on EB so it’s not really feasible.
  24. The main reason that occurs to me is that Moana followed in Frozen's footsteps by not being licensed, marketed, or branded as part of the Disney Princess IP. Since the change of branding for Disney sets, LEGO has also introduced the "Tangled: The Series" subtheme, which is likewise separate from the Disney Princess brand, even though Rapunzel herself is a part of the roster of Disney Princesses. However, in general, most non-CMF, non-D2C, non-Ideas sets based on older Disney Animated Canon IPs have remained limited to the Disney Princess subtheme.
  25. DanSto

[MOC] Easter Rabbit

Thanks, carebear. Well, this morning, this rabbit get caught hiding some eggs Easter rabbit hiding eggs by Daniel Stoeffler, on Flickr Easter is coming ;).
  26. Digger of Bricks

Sci-Fi Themed Collectable Minifigures - Wishlists and Speculation

Here are a few other ideas of mine... Biomechanical Warrior/Alien (i.e. generic CMF homage to Bionicle) Steampunk Adventurer/Adventuress Jaeger (Pacific Rim-inspired counterpart to the S9 Battle Mech) Meteor Miner (M-Tron themed female counterpart to the S12 Space Miner) Superhero/Superheroine Space/Cyber Knight (i.e. generic CMF homage to Nexo Knights) Exactly! Plus, perhaps such a CMF can weave a little bit of Pacific Rim Jaeger Pilot into its design inspirations.
  27. Instantly recognisable. A few bricks. Cool. It will be interesting to see what they do with the story in ROS. I enjoyed the first two films, but the plot is kind of stuck at the moment.
  1. Load more activity