All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

I was not into LEGO when the first Harry Potter sets came out, so I have nothing to compare this new set to ..... I personally really love it and I'm super excited to see what other sets there will be!!! Ten mini-figures for a set at this price?! Is that ..... normal? So far I've collected from Friends and Elves, and in those themes you might get three mini-figures if you're lucky, for a set at this price. And sorry for being so oblivious but could someone tell me what D2C stands for? I'm not up to speed with all the LEGO lingo yet.
  3. Favorite/Inspirational Sci-Fi MOCs

Great color scheme! I like this Cat Mech by Kobalt:
  4. [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

do you have photos of the crane loader?
  5. Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

The current rumor is that it can plug into the D2C Hogwarts coming in December. The set's description also mentions it "combing" with the Whomping Willow so they may help with that.
  6. I can't tell if that collar is a separate piece from the head or part of it. If it's separate how does it connect to the body?
  7. LEGO Nexo Knights 2018

I know this could mean nothing but if Nexo Knights was doing as poorly as people say why would Lego waste a spot at the new york toy fair for a dying theme?
  8. What did you buy today?

Just got the 10260 Downtown Diner and completed it today. I also got the Year of the Dog set for free with the purchase. The employees at that LEGO store now recognize me as the guy who buys modulars alot. Unfortunately I now have all the ones they're selling, but I'll probably go back in a month or so and get some stuff off the PAB wall to do some MOCs.
  9. "We'll make the city proud." "Survival? Our lives?" Kiray can only shrug. "As well as diplomacy didn't work last time, it could be useful to come. Let's at least not destroy the city. It would nice ot be able to find a house to retire to when this is all over, and not a pile of rubble."
  10. Lego 60th Anniversary sets 2018

I decided to contact Lego myself to see if they would give me thw same answer and this is what they sent me... Lego Customer Service by Rail Co, on Flickr Obviously Lego either has no idea what is going on with this promo, or they are made #xxxx till they felt like stopping. Disappointing to not even know... -RailCo
  11. [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

Hi, Sadly due to space restrictions I have to part with my Akiyuki Invisible lift and Train module with the crane loader. I am selling all the parts including motors and 20 of the friends basketballs with each. Parts are a combination of new and used bricklinked from multiple sellers. If you are interested in buying one (or both) dm me or send an email to maximillian.surveyor@gmail.com.
  12. 2018 Toy of the Year Awards

Well, that Falcon is pretty awesome.
  13. Today
  14. Future Castle Sets?

I think they could make some smaller Expert level modular style sets. Think of the Pet Shop, how it is actually 2 buildings that can be split apart. Just release a building that is 1/2 or 1/4 the size of a normal modular building that snaps together in the same way. There are many ideas floating around, like a medieval market, or a blacksmith, etc. They could do that for many medieval buildings, they don't all have to be in the $100-200 range. But then they could release a huge Castle themed castle set, closer to the price range of the Ninjago City, that could tie them all together. That would be amazing.
  15. Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

I really, really like this but is there some sort of add-on set that's planned for it? With those technic pin holes there has to be.
  16. Location: Mesabi Landing Type: Medium Educational Mesabi Landing was booming, and Mordo had much to do. Today he walked to a new Business, the Karst Geographers. Karst geographical by North White, on Flickr He entered the building to find one of the Geographers sitting at a desk, penning a letter. Karst geographical by North White, on Flickr "Mr. Mordo! We have the work you've commissioned! Come see!" Said the Geographer "Excellent, Agnes will be most pleased we can gaze upon our fine city." Said Mordo. Karst geographical by North White, on Flickr They all walked over to a table where maps lay spread out. The Second Geographer pulled out a map and showed to Mordo. Mesabi Landing Map by North White, on Flickr "I must say gentlemen, I'm Impressed!" FIN Karst Geographical is now accepting commissions! Any mayor or civil servant can request a map of their settlement for the price of 100 Dbs! Corlanders served without charge! Simply PM Me @Mesabi Thanks for viewing my newest build. I really tried to do something different with the roof this time, and also tried to detail the outside. environment. I'm not sure if this can be counted as an educational, I felt maps were knowledgey, but if leadership disagrees, let me know. I won't license this for a few days. I didn't put much story, as this is mostly to display my new map of Mesabi Landing, but I will get back into regular silliness soon. C&C appreciated!
  17. @Bricked1980 Oh yes, I used to spend hours looking at the layouts in the old catalogs too. They were full of them! It's still my dream to have another layout again, only bigger and better of course. Up on tables and with the same sort of backdrop the catalogs always used, with the green rolling hills. I've seen photos of layouts where collectors did a good job of recreating the effect. Looking at that catalog you linked, I can see I will need more trees, I have about 10 packs worth or so but that won't be enough! I have been stockpiling track, vintage base plates and such in hopes I get one done someday. It will be all official sets, except for some of my 7777 sets if they fit in with the feel of it. @Andy Glascott That's a great layout, thanks for sharing. The custom buildings especially the blue platform/station look awesome. Must have taken some serious talent to run both those intersecting inner loops simultaneously!
  18. Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

The Milano has 2 seats next to the Infinity Gauntlet storage area in the back. By default this means it has 7 seats when combined with the pod. With a little bit of modding, it could probably fit around 10 figs. Definitely gonna have to get this set.
  19. LEGO Elves 2018

^Super Hero High is probably the most played with set by my daughters- they are far from disappointed with it. As for the theme as a whole, there are more doll ranges coming out, the animation is moving from webisodes to a Cartoon Network series with a decent writing team, the comics are still going.... The problem with the Lego sets so far has been that they haven't really explored the theme much & wave 2 didn't really add anything new beyond a couple of minidolls. Perhaps is they tied it in with the animation a bit more, they'd sell better
  20. [MOC] Aquarium

This is very unique and impressive.....a great idea!
  21. The Incredibles 2 2018: Rumors and Discussion

Its pretty much explained why in the trailer
  22. Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Hey sorry I was harsher than I should have been but please don't feel the need to get so riled up and insulting. People had guessed that despite TLGs statements that there was a chance of it being shown, and guess what they were right. I will admit that I may have gone to far and I do apologise. Apart from philosophers stone right.
  23. IMPORTANT: Note that ships sailing in a convoy with a black flag ship will be treated as black flag ships. Don't mix black flag ships in with a trade convoy; the whole trade convoy will be treated as black flag pirates as a result.
  24. Manual Crawler Crane (WIP)- Mostly done

An interesting combo that would be. The crane now has a luffing jib, and 3 winches. Pics tomorrow.
  25. The Incredibles 2 2018: Rumors and Discussion

Wasn’t the leaked Edna photo a picture of her minifig on the box? Like from the line up in the bottom corner? Shouldn’t that mean she’s in an actual set, and not a poly bag? Anyway, I’m surprised we’re getting two Jack-Jacks. And as much as I love mining’s and hearing about them, I wish the sets were described in better detail.
  26. I’ve been away from the forum for a while, busy building my biggest layout yet, but have been reading over the last few weeks and finally got round to digging out a few pics not quite from my childhood but my early twenties, before disposable income and a permanent space at home were things... This layout was in a borrowed room in the church I worked for at the time, probably 1997 if I remember/guess rightly. Image quality isn’t great but will give you an idea of what I had at the time and enjoyed, even though it was a temporary set up. I has the 7777 book too, and was very nostalgic to see @HoMa posted pics of his version of the main layout in it, very nice!
  27. 2018 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Oh man, you're right! I wasn't looking hard enough. Looks like I'll be purchasing two of these sets If a few more parts are released in earth green, I can redesign my Lotus 49 MOC to have more accurate colors. The standard green doesn't look bad, but earth green would still be better.
  1. Load more activity