All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Metroliner rebuild

Thank you all for your kind words. Thank you! The gondola can be found here.
  3. 49ers vs Rams Live Streaming
  4. REVIEW: 6581 Dig 'N' Dump

5. [PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Were any other Australians charged a foreign fee on top of the $1300 we had to pay?
  6. Post your mods/mocs please. I'm working my way through slowly so far on bag set #3. Would love to see what everyone is doing and maybe jump on some of those upgrades as I go rather then tear everything apart to add later. Looks like it will take me a couple weeks to get through this build with my kids. I still can;t comprehend how anyone could possibly come up with the design for this thing that they did. It's so impressive just mind blowing what lego designers have done here.
  7. started a new thread for mods/mocs
  8. Episode XVI: Amassing the Fleet

Almost ready to take some real shots. Made some changes to the TIE Interceptor and gave it a hangar. The first shot is a technique, but you should be able to flip through to the other shots on Instagram (still learning)...
  9. Dorm Life

Thank you @Mesabi! Lol, I had a single room last year, so it was a little bit bigger than the double rooms. My school likes to squeeze a huge wardrobe, a bed, a desk, a chair, a bookcase, and two rubbish bins in per student. After that there's not much room left! Oh and add musical instruments to that! Music majors gotta work too
  10. Some ideas for CMFs

@RebelliousRebel Spooky knight already has a bio (8BrickMario), so does Samba dancer (Nerd-With-a-Pencil) and Trojan (Yours Truly). As of the others, well, I guess none of us three could think of any good bios for them. If you want you can write down your ideas for bios.
  11. Dorm Life

Jesus, @Elysiumfountain. You are insane! (In the good way) Your dorm must be huge if you can fit all that in it. I have so little space in mine, everything, books, papers, legos, foodstuffs. Is really just in piles. Fantastic build, By the way. I knew you were a decent builder, but I didn't know you were THAT good.
  12. I got one today. The closest LEGO store to me is in West Hartford, Connecticut and is 105 miles away. I called over this past weekend asking when they might get more and they told me to call back on Tuesday to see if they were getting any in their next shipment. I did and they told me they were expecting 10 sets this Thursday, today. So I drove down last night. Got there an hour before closing and talked to the staff to get the particulars and I also talked to the mall security about when the doors to the mall would open and which doors would be opened first. The mall doesn't officially open its doors until 7am but someone from mall security told me some mall employees start showing up at 6:30 and that I might be able to get in with one of them. So at 6am this morning I got to the entrance they told me should open first and sat on a bench. At about 6:10am, an employee already in the mall spotted me as came and opened a door and asked if I wanted in. I said "sure" and I actually got to the LEGO store at 6:15am and was the first person in line. The second person didn't show up until 6:52am. By 7am there were already 4 people in line. By the time the store opened at 10am there were 12 people in line for the 10 kits. Over all it was actually a rather fun experience. Everyone was civil and it was nice talking to other LEGO fans. One other thing I learned while in line... the store manager came out and made a few announcements before letting us in. One of those announcements was that LEGO has now adopted a policy they they will no longer accept returns of sets over $500 that have been opened. I thought that sounded odd to me as the second most expensive LEGO set that I am aware of is the Death Star 75159 which retails for $499.99. So I later asked the manager aside from the Millennium Falcon are their any other sets over $500. His response was "Not at the moment, but you can assume there will be more." The way he said it gave me the impression that he was already aware of another set or 2 planned to retail for more than $500 that were in the pipeline or about to be released. Anyone here know any more? Just curious what other large sets might be on the horizon. Carl
  13. LEGO Nexo Knights 2018

Where are you seeing Robin? It's hard to make out any details at all, but I can see a few characters. Not sure I see Robin.
  14. [SR - FB2 Sep 17] a frigate ( LDD - trailer) W.I.P.

The name will be the last to come... but you, you are able to guess
  15. LEGO Elves 2018

I'm actually kind of unimpressed with this wave versus previous waves of Elves.
  16. Today
  17. LEGO Sci-Fi 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Eh... It's close enough for me to see parallels, in any case. "Classic Space" isn't really a theme so much as a catch-all category for space sets before the introduction of other "sub-brands", and Futuron could arguably be seen as a continuation of the same general faction.
  18. Oh man, that'd be awesome! My Kawashita tag is lonely. And increasingly irrelevant.
  19. Heading out for parts unknown, searching for lost treasure, discovering ancient civilizations, fighting the mysterious forces of evil and finding helpful allies, all in far-way lands not on any map! Check your compass, secure your gear and plot your course: It's all in a days work for the ADVENTURERS! (and yes, that was supposed to sound like a early TV / radio drama intro) Main post updated with a bigger, better depot!
  20. I should probably start a new topic for mods, but here's mine so far. I'll try and spoiler them but not sure if it will work! All grey mandibles (where spare parts allowed), and engine mod, copied from Scottish Dave's 10179 mod.
  21. [TC12][WIP] Overkill

Thanks everyone! This : I will probably move them forward, and maybe change them. Of course not, I really appreciate feedback. Ok, I will work on the middle. I am still not sure about what to do in front of the claws. I thought about a V8, but I also may just cover it with panels. As I said, I will move the tracks forward.
  22. LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I do suspect the movie is why they chose that particular character, even though it's a different incarnation of Lloyd from the movie version. It's a pretty nice move, I think. For those people not particularly concerned with getting all the packs in general or Supergirl in particular, it's arguably a nicer bundle than that promo, since means that right out of the gate you not only have four playable characters, the same as with the Supergirl promo, but you also get two vehicle/accessory things instead of one (assuming Lloyd's thing is indeed included), and you also get access to four different Adventure Worlds right away instead of just three (since Supergirl just unlocks the DC World, the same as Batman). That said, I still would rather try to get a Starter Pack with Supergirl right now than one with Lloyd, since he can still easily be had on his own and she can't. Now I wonder whether there are any more retailer-exclusive promos (or any other promos, really) waiting in the wings...
  23. This is a great question and I think it may have got missed in the flurry of activity in this thread. I was thinking maybe something like a faction tag for all members who made at least one challenge entry in Era 1, similar I think to what GoH did at one stage?
  24. LEGO Elves 2018

Should also be pointed out the turtle has a new head, and that the lion and wolf share a new one.
  25. The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

This. For me, the ideal outcome was for the movie to propel Ninjago into nearly household name levels of recognition and ensure the theme would last for years to come, as well as provide incentive for LEGO to further develop their in-house properties. Not that it's impossible, but at this point it's looking unlikely. Instead I'm starting to worry that this movie will do more to harm the perception of the Ninjago IP rather than strengthen it. Nobody likes a cheap cash-grab, and even though that might not be the case, it could be seen as one. Of course, I'd like to judge the quality of the movie for myself and see how well it does at the box office. I could be worrying over nothing if the movie's a hit. (At least we got some wonderful sets out of this)
  26. LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Interesting. I would've thought that past Wave 9 they wouldn't put any more effort into the game. Guess it's a last ditch effort to sell Starter Packs by associating with the Lego Ninjago Movie.
  27. LEGO Ideas Discussion

But: • Ideas isn't about projects that "win" a contest; it's about pitching Ideas to LEGO for sets, and them deciding which ones they can do that would make good sets. They want the best ideas for sets, and it doesn't really matter to them whether they all come from one person or not. It's like if you're in a meeting at work and come up with two or three different ideas on how to improve productivity or whatever - should your boss say "that's great, but we can take only one of your suggestions even if all of them will make us money or save us time or make this a more enjoyable place to work, because it's not fair to everyone else whose ideas we don't use"? Of course not. • It's not an awards ceremony where there is always one award given out in a certain category or whatever. There isn't a set number of projects they will or won't do, and them approving or declining one project doesn't automatically mean another one will be declined or approved in its place. It's true there's a finite amount of resources they can allot toward Ideas sets, but it's not as limiting as the other factors that go into their evaluations (brand fit, business case, etc.), and they can and do simply queue sets if they approve more than one at once. They've approved two different projects at the same time on five separate occasions now, and they've also had an entire review where they didn't approve anything despite having a larger number of projects under consideration (13) than ever before. In other words, if a project is approved, it's not "taking the place" of some other project (unless it's a similar project, like the two competing Ghostbusters projects that entered one review together, or the two competing Doctor Who projects that did the same thing a while later). Every "winner", repeat or not, gets outside help from at least 9,999 other people, so a certain (quite healthy-sized, actually) amount of outside help is just plain part of how LEGO Ideas works.
  1. Load more activity