All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. To continue the conversation perhaps with the danger of double posting, an idea to keep the air pressure in the cylinders comes from a comparatively simple possibility shown below: The piston shaft (grey) with the technic reinforcement goes through the 4x4 round plate with a hollow center (yellow), that provides a rather seamless portal for the piston to go through without allowing air back down in the traveling. The 4x4 square plate allows other plates - or more likely tiles - to be placed inside the cylinder again without allowing gaps for air. I am sure this has been done before or is a very elementary a concept, so forgive me if this seems like preaching to a very knowledgeable choir. I am still on the learning end, especially applying engineering principles to LEGO. Secondly, I found an excellent cross-section of a steam engine that can be indispensable for our own designing of the cylinders to be seen here: Let me know what you think. And one last thing to showcase, an attempt on the thrust block:
  3. I just got the station, have not built. From looking at pictures not that impressed. The van looks looks like fun thou. I agree with you, low on my list too.
  4. LEGO Ninjago 2018

Does that work? My babies are all in storage right now (that was a weird sentence to type).
  5. LEGO Ninjago 2018

It could be a baby head on another white baby head.
  6. I'd love 0.5 stud longer one. This way it could extend out of a V engine block 1 full stud and attaching transmission would be way easier. In Lightning Rod pictured above I had to use the relatively new 5.5L axle with stop at 1st stud, as it was the only way of keeping the upper part of the driveshaft (the upper gear of the chain transmission) from slipping out of the crankshaft. This in return made designing the steering with HOG a nightmare because a large part of that 5.5 extends from the "transmission box" and just gets in the way..
  7. My least favorite by far is Santa's Workshop. IMHO, the Bakery, Post Office, and Toy Store work extremely well together. It's true that the Cottage is too large, but I put it by itself in my village, and that seems to minimize the disparity in scale. I have a hard time, some years, finding a spot for Santa's Workshop. I just don't like it.
  8. Best way to get lego parts

As @Foxw said, there's BrickLink. Generally, it's my first port of call. There's also LEGO's official service for purchasing individual parts, Bricks & Pieces. If you're after minifigure parts/accessories, FireStar Toys are good but expensive. If you're in France as your username suggests and are looking for minifigures, there's La Petite Brique. I don't know if they're any good - I haven't tried them yet. I really don't recommend Ebay. In my experience, you can't trust the LEGO sellers there.
  9. Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Go to page 215 on this topic. You will see the leaked photos. The next 15 pages (to this point) over the past few days have been speculation as to the authenticity of this photo.
  10. Minecraft 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Here are the 2018 set images: https://imgur.com/a/4Mg5W
  11. Disney Movies and TV Shows Discussion

Coco opens in the United States today, but I'm not going to see it because of the 23-minute Frozen TV special (with FIVE songs, and mostly focused on Olaf, who I find quite obnoxious) that's packaged before it. Not only am I scared off by that alone, that also means I'm sitting in a theater for two and a half hours for a Pixar movie I'm not actually all that interested in despite the rave reviews, and that's not a time commitment I'm willing to make on a holiday weekend. I'm probably watch it on DVD, unless I can be convinced that Coco's good enough to warrant sitting through that to watch.
  12. Today
  13. LEGO Ninjago 2018

I agree with this assessment.
  14. SHIP recreation - EAS Agamemnon from Babylon 5

Issues with the links again. All I get is a transparent looking image (grey & white checks) with a "no entry" symbol in grey in the middle.
  15. Heroica RPG General Discussion

Should throw up a Heroica: Declassified topic once this is all said and done. There are a lot of ideas I still have written down somewhere that I've yet to unpack.
  16. Best way to get lego parts

well, theres bricklink, brickowl & PAB walls if you have a brand store nearby & what you want is there. btw, welcome to the community.
  17. The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Based on a source, these are the prices: 70918 ($19.99) 70919 ($29.99) 70920 ($29.99) 70921 ($49.99) 70923 ($79.99)
  18. [MOC] Lego Cinderella Castle Microscale

It looks lovely under glass. Cheers! Beverly
  19. The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Do we have confirmed prices for the new sets?
  20. Best way to get lego parts

Need hints to buy parts for a new MOC. I want to buy spare parts at a decent price. Any suggestion are welcome. Thanks
  21. Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Interesting that all those details can be worked out from the leaked image alone, with for example no details of the other floors.
  22. Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Too early to tell. But if it's real then the trend continues. I'm not ready for Antman and Wasp sets yet. Give us the BP and IW set details then we're good to go.
  23. Hi, I have part snapping enabled in LDCAD but no parts are longer automatically snapping in place. How to fix this?
  24. Ok, I have decided that using bearings on the curved gear strips is not practical enough. Instead I will have a single turtable using bearings in the center of the spokes (i.e the wheel center hole). just like on a bicycle. Anybody have any ideas, I regular turntable probably wont be enough so need rollers or bearings.
  25. Just stunning! Like a MadMax Mercedes :) They work very well. Much better than without. For my red Zetros: The planetary gears are only the end of the whole gear reduction. The performance without the structure like cabin and crane is enormous. Have look at my third TrackTest at youtube and the Behind the MOC video for the Zetros. In my new MOC I use four XL motors - one for each wheel. They're powering the wheels through 1:1 knob gears and then 4:1 planetary gears again. The result is convincing: Good speed and much power. Important: For both models I used brand new turntables from TLG as most of my used ones having too much friction.
  26. [MOC] Elves - Raganas black dragon

Nice dragon, I like the smaller head proportions. If its front 'hands' are in the wings and it has no front legs then it is a wyvern, technically the skyrim dragons and the movie Smuag are wyverns. The 3rd from the left dragon in my sig is also a wyvern.
  1. Load more activity