A large crowd gathered to hear what Mayor Alberto da Pontelli had to say after Nelissa had declared independence:

30254156441_4f5d42aa4c_c.jpg

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that the former King Fernando Augusto has turned into a madman and that every Eslandolean citizen has certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

30304954966_ab8c79d497_c.jpg

"We the People of Pontelli, in order to form a more perfect union with Nova Terreli, will join the Eslandolan Republic of Nelissa, establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity."

"Every Oleander who shall come to us, be it a soldier or civilian, shall be welcomed as a friend."

"Every ship sent by the former King Fernando shall be blown into pieces by our coastal artillery, if they do not declare themselves for the Eslandolan Republic of Nelissa."

The crowd cheered.

30043342380_690f807938_z.jpg

Behold this elite soldier. :pir-grin:

[Second Speaker]  This is happening a bit too early according to our plan.

[First Speaker]  Yes, but madness of an individual will always disturb our calculations.  In five years from now we will get Eslandola back into the overall plan.

[Second Speaker] There is a guy in Corrington, called Hari Seldon. He claims that he wants to join our mathematical team.

[First Speaker]  Ok, let him become part of the team, but give him some of the easier calculations. He is a human after all and we should not challenge him too hard.

[Second Speaker] Yes , Sir.

C&C welcome - a bit of a rush build as things are developing so quickly.

Hmm, I wonder what Captain Whiffo and his crew would say to this if they hadn't just sailed for Terelli... he thinks this whole declaring independence thing is a bit extreme and going too far (and bad for trade, of course! :tongue: :laugh:)  And are we about to get a third speaker? :pir-oh3: :pir_laugh2:

On to the build! - I really like that tan wall with the columns and the light texture from the masonry bricks, and the humongous lantern is neat as well! :pir-laugh:  Keep up the builds! :pir-wink: - though hopefully pretty soon things can calm down into less controversial spheres! :grin:

I like the wall. It has nice detail with the masonry blocks and the relief of the buttressing columns.

But I can't help but think the whole island of Nelissa better hope things break the way they think they will in Terelli. And even then, is independence really what they want?

Another city following the great Thomas Brickerson's wording. I am intrigued what Eslandola is up to. Dangerous times for them. Revolution AND war with another superpower. 

I like the minifigures. Great variation and fun usage. 

Nice wall and crowd. What with everyone declaring independence lately?  Join the Sea Rats, we are an independent bunch.  :laugh: 

17 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Hmm, I wonder what Captain Whiffo and his crew would say to this if they hadn't just sailed for Terelli... he thinks this whole declaring independence thing is a bit extreme and going too far (and bad for trade, of course! :tongue: :laugh:)  And are we about to get a third speaker? :pir-oh3: :pir_laugh2:

On to the build! - I really like that tan wall with the columns and the light texture from the masonry bricks, and the humongous lantern is neat as well! :pir-laugh:  Keep up the builds! :pir-wink: - though hopefully pretty soon things can calm down into less controversial spheres! :grin:

I also hope that things will calm down.

The lantern .... was an experiment and I just put it in in the last minute :pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I like the wall. It has nice detail with the masonry blocks and the relief of the buttressing columns.

But I can't help but think the whole island of Nelissa better hope things break the way they think they will in Terelli. And even then, is independence really what they want?

Not sure what they want - they are pretty sure about what they do NOT want: King Fernando and war with Oleon.

8 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

Another city following the great Thomas Brickerson's wording. I am intrigued what Eslandola is up to. Dangerous times for them. Revolution AND war with another superpower. 

I like the minifigures. Great variation and fun usage. 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nice wall and crowd. What with everyone declaring independence lately?  Join the Sea Rats, we are an independent bunch.  :laugh: 

:pir-laugh:

The people are speaking - an end to the madness of the king and his warmongering with our friends in Olean.

Really nice build and nice to see a unified Nelissa.

On 16.10.2016 at 11:52 AM, Phadeout said:

The people are speaking - an end to the madness of the king and his warmongering with our friends in Olean.

Really nice build and nice to see a unified Nelissa.

Yes, at least Nelissa is unified in these strange and treacherous times!

Remember that old Eslandolean hymn: You'll never walk alone!