Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'treads'.
Found 4 results
Hello EB! I'd like to humbly show this remote control (PF) winter expedition vehicle (MOC). Featuring 4 independently driven tracks with a unique steering system. More explanation below and in my YouTube video. It has many issues that I'm not willing to spend more time to fix, but I've learned a lot from the process, which will help improve my future MOCs. If I was to start from scratch here's what I would change: Put motors closer to driven axles Split drivelines into either front/back or single motor per tread less complicated steering system Use a different type of suspension instead of pendular raise the height of the driven sprocket instead of extending driveline with gears reduce weight with panels vs lifttarms (I didn't have any at the time of building) Never use an Adder again, or if I really have to then use the old-style 24t differentials Work more on the cabin/exterior design A sizeable portion of the issues stemmed from the weight, which is something I didn't expect! I ordered some parts to allow me to finish the frame, and added design elements in the meantime. The design elements were pretty much the difference between being-able-to-carry-its-own-weight and not. The MOC is already disassembled, but I'll be happy to hear feedback and suggestions!
I am trying to design a tank using the lego digital designer but, despite a few days of trial and error, I could not figure out hot to use treads. Unfortunately it isn't just something I can leave out of the project, as it is a tank, so I have to learn how to attach them to a wheel. Is anyone capable of helping me?
Dear all, For the pneumatic contest, I've built a huge robot called ''Nemesis''(from the ancient greek goddess) and I would like to share it with you. Nemesis has 22 pneumatic functions operated by a double compressor. All pneumatic valves are operated only manually according to the competition. Has a weight of 8kg and consists of 8000 lego technic bricks. Total air cylinders : 26 large 11 mini The compressor uses 2 large pneumatic pumps operated by a PF XL motor. The maximum pressure that can be reached by this pneumatic system is 28 psi with fresh batteries. Due to more than 30 pneumatic ''T-air pieces''pressure cannot reach a higher level because there is a huge drag and the XL motor has no power to rotate more. The length of pneumatic tubes are between 0.5 and 1.5 meters long. Due to the large hoses, large air storage is needed because there is a lot of air loss in the system. The air of the whole system is stored inside 2 lego air tanks (although the system needed far more) : The compressor has an auto-pneumatic switch using a large cylinder, which turns the air engine off when the pressure reaches 24 psi. A manometer is used for showing the air pressure at any time. Functions : Nemesis has 2 arms. The bigger front arm has 15 pneumatic functions and the small back arm has 5 pneumatic functions. The small back arm has the following movements : a) small gripper b) elbow1 c) elbow2 d) shoulder e) shoulder rotation The huge front arm has the following movements : a) large gripper, operating 10 fingers independently having 2 mini cylinders each b) wrist, operating 2 functions (up-down and turning) c) elbow d) shoulder e) shoulder turning Besides, the robot has 2 more pneumatic functions : 1) Face movement 2) A third gripper which is mostly for fun (e.g. for scaring house cats) Here is the video of the project : Thanks for watching Good luck to everyone!
Today, I would like to present my MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon from the 80's Kenner Mini-Rigs line. The MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon was a self-propelled gun used as a light artillery weapon by the Rebel Alliance. The MLC-3 was armed with twin blaster cannons and moved on a compact tracked chassis. The use of wheeled bogies rather than repulsorlift units suggests that, like many Rebel units, this was a relatively low-tech vehicle, and it seems that the cockpit hatch was opened manually rather than hydraulically. While the MLC-3 was designed to operate with a single pilot, they could be programmed to run autonomously, firing at preset targets. If you read the description and look at the picture, you will see a little difference. Namely, 2 figures, instead of a single pilot. I didn't like the look of the model when I made it smaller with one pilot. I couldn't get the "scale" and angles right, to me, it looked off. There are some big differences between a Kenner Star Wars figure and a Lego Mini-Fig, in both size and proportions. On the Kenner model, the pilots' head stuck out of the dome on the top of the model while his legs went all the way to the front of the vehicle. So, after playing with the design a lot, I scraped the idea of a lone pilot and decided on a pilot and gunner. All in all, I'm happy with the way this model turned out. Maybe a little chunky! And yes, I did "cheat" a little, I ended up using the tracks from my SRV-1, http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=100747. Working with these is a pain! This model has 296 pieces, of which 70 are tread pieces, the .lxf file is in my Brickshelf folder. Tomorrow, the flying AT-ST head, INT-4! Thanks for looking, Jamie