Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'meme'.
Found 2 results
Hello Eurobricks Historic! I am intensely inspired by this forum and a huge castle fan since childhood. I really enjoy the challenge of combining playability with appealing aesthetics - hope you guys/gals can offer some critique for my future builds. Here's to my first MOC shared on Eurobricks! A renowned local herbalist grows ingredients and preps her potions in a hut not far from town. The purple & tan colour scheme was inspired by a Toronto pick-a-brick wall full of tan SNOT bricks and purple tiles. Conveniently complementary colours. I built around the dimensions of a typical MMV type building, but wanted to include plenty of garden space. I always liked houses that are displayable when open, like it's a two connected buildings on one side of a dirt road. This made things tricky with the garden space buffer and I got around this by placing the hinges on a chimney which extends further outside to power the distilling contraption: Friends sets provide some fun flower variety. I was also happy to find that lego made amanita mushroom pieces while I was in my dark ages. I got these giant tan slopes from a used sphinx set I bought and really wanted to incorporate them. However I realized they looked really dull, and so I added vines, which evolved to wrap around the whole building. I feel like no home is complete without a space to live and sleep. Admittedly there is no bathroom, but the garden does need fertilizer. A prep station full of interesting ingredients, a pot producing a ghastly green smoke as it boils. A place for stocking inventory and gardening tools, those potions look potent.. She senses a soul in search of answers The confident traveller on his way to battle insists on only her strongest potions. He is disappointed to find that her potions are far too strong for him. Onward he goes to find a seller that sells weaker potions I'm pretty happy overall with the addition of a civilian building to my medieval setup -- however there are a few things I would do differently next time: Firstly I would probably skip forcing big pieces into the build, like the big tan slopes, they did not look stellar when naked, which forced some flimsy coverup. They are also not very stable, which is annoying for playing with the set. As I expand my collection perhaps I can try multiple iterations. Secondly, I am not entirely happy with the roof overall, since the points where the large plates join at the top and the lack of overhang on the sides look somewhat unfinished. Either way, I'm looking forward to trying out some alternative roof techniques on my next castle themed build. Please feel free to share your thoughts on potential improvements.