Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'legotrucks'.
Found 4 results
However this model is five years old already it needed an update with some great events upcoming this autumn. Last year I modified the Volvo unit a little bit; some chassis mods, new drive train and boogie lift. But now the biggest modifications needs to be done with the trailer. At LEGO World last year I had several malfunctions while unloading approx. 18 kg of beans. The belt was very dirty and it was stretched pretty much. As I just built two new end conveyors I'm modifying the one in the trailer as well. It looks like a massive operation but I'm hoping getting it fixed in a few evenings. With 'STEAM' coming early October I definitely need to get it running properly again.
Dennis Bosman posted a topic in LEGO Scale ModelingFinally my Kenworth K100E is ready. I took a while before it was done. I start building this model back in the summer of 2011, when I came back from the UK. Heading for the ferries I also took a short visit to the yard of Neil Yates Recovery. I knew they have a K100 and I was very pleased it was parked there at that moment. Building is wasn't an easy task. It would become my first US truck on a large scale and with the use of chrome parts. I hardly had some in my collection and I had to buy everything; that's rather expensive. I had a chassis and the exterior of the cab but then I decided to build a smaller version first; my previous K100 with Holmes twin boom. That one turned out very well and I continued building the NYR wrecker in 2013. It's my largest solo vehicle so far, with the exception of the large Liebherr mobile crane I built during the 90s. I took quite some pictures which can be viewed in my Flickr stream; here you can see some details as well.
This is not one of my most recent builds but I never published a video of it. Now I took some more indoor shots as well. I started to build this dozer back in 2006 to be laden onto a Renault Magnum. First the model was driven by a RC unit, from set 8366. It ran OK but I didn't like the receiver and it took to much space in the model. Later I made my own control unit but that one was wired to make it possible to get the dozer blade operated by pneumatics. Later I decided to build in some PF stuff. My mate Barman helped me out with designing a compressor which is combined with the switch. I needed two of those and they just fit in the frame. I built in some PF receivers and gave the 9V RC motors another position in the frame. They're now put vertically. The looks are still the same as I was satisfied with it's appearance. Please check the videos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/51102529@N07/13354349433/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/51102529@N07/13354279655/in/photostream/ And the other pics I put in my Flickr stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/51102529@N07/sets/72157642793053164/with/13354279655/
Normally I build large scale trucks. The reason I built something else was after reading about the 75th Lugnuts Challenge. This time you ask for an assignment and another member tells you what to build. That's not too bad and then it really is a surprise what your assignment will be. I was asked to build a hot rod, called "Double Trouble". It's a two V8 engine powered 1927 Ford. To make it even more powerful it also has four superchargers. However it's something with wheels it really is out of my comfort zone. Using some other pieces you normally don't use makes is a good test case for your building skills. I think I've to do such a thing more often. Other pictures can be viewed on my Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.co... ... 212051504/