Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'fastbale'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Frontpage, Forum Information and General LEGO Discussion
    • Guest Section - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER!
    • Frontpage News
    • Forum Information and Help
    • General LEGO Discussion
    • The Embassy
  • Themes
    • LEGO Licensed
    • LEGO Star Wars
    • LEGO Historic Themes
    • LEGO Action and Adventure Themes
    • LEGO Pirates
    • LEGO Sci-Fi
    • LEGO Town
    • LEGO Train Tech
    • LEGO Technic and Model Team
    • LEGO Mindstorms and Robotics
    • LEGO Scale Modeling
    • LEGO Action Figures
    • Special LEGO Themes
  • Special Interests
    • Minifig Customisation Workshop
    • LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools
    • Brick Flicks & Comics
    • LEGO Mafia and Role-Play Games
    • LEGO Media and Gaming
  • Eurobricks Community
    • Hello! My name is...
    • LEGO Events and User Groups
    • Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds
    • Community
    • Culture & Multimedia

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)


Which LEGO set did you recently purchase or build?


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Country


Special Tags 1


Special Tags 2


Special Tags 3


Special Tags 4


Special Tags 5


Special Tags 6


Country flag

Found 1 result

  1. Finally, I've had enough time to finish this creation and the associated video. It only took 2 years since it's conception, but I've had a lot of breakdowns in between. There were so many difficult challenges that I had to overcome, that the list would be too long for anyone to read it. Some of the main solutions that I'm proud of are: Using small pneumatic air pumps for the pre chamber. I went through a million iterations of different liftarm and brick arrangements before I finally looked in my pneumatic parts The knives cutting the net was tough since it had to be low profile while still maintaining travel distance Having either side of the main chamber interact with the pre chamber in sequence regarding resetting of pneumatic valves was probably my greatest achievement The independent pneumatic setup was quite a headache to figure out as there are a lot of possible ways to connect hoses and to make sure there is no unwanted air bleeding from the valves Lastly, the big power puller wheels are not meant to be attached from the outside, causing them to greatly sag and not function well. This was solved using an array of pins and towballs behind the rim The chambers were the very first thing to be built. I counted the amount of rollers needed from the official blueprints, then made circle cut outs and build a brick cage around the gears. Studded construction is certainly not my speciality which came to show later on in the end during the aestethic finish. This is also where I tried to make sense of highlighted colors for the functions: RED for valves YELLOW for key elements DBG to make functions stand out from the chassis GREEN for the net STICKERS for a realistic look - These were all taken from set sheets I also set a goal to myself of using some of the rarely used parts that comes or used to come in the Bionicle sets. This includes 4x Visorak Torsos (frame), 2x Bohrok Shoulders and 2x connector blocks with 6 axleholes (Wrapping table). Unfortunately I found no use for widely discussed 5x6x2 perpendicular fork with 3 fingers, except on my crude make-shift tractor. If there's anything you want to know or see, do not hesitate to ask, as I will never take this apart, and I can take as many extra pictures as needed i The circuit diagram tool can be found on this website. It has been much valued throughout the whole process. Note: This picture is an old WIP, but here you can see the internals More pictures can be found on my imgur gallery In the beginning I tested out different parts for the pickup to see which ones best pick up cut dried grass, and the rotor blades proved the best in this test. However, I would not try and actually make a haybale in this machine as there are several flaws: The plastic chain is certainly not meant for any sort of load and snaps if caught on something, which would be stuck rollers and therefore gears because of the hay There are gaps in the construction - Though I've tried my best to build it tight, hay would definetly get stuck and cause the dropfloor to get stuck This is LEGO, the tolerances in certain places are incredibly tight and will most likely fail during operation. The construction it self is solid though - I could drop it from standing height and nothing critical on it would break I hope you enjoyed looking at something different, this has certainly been my nemesis throughout construction, and is now a major milestone in my life.