Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Lord of Skull Spiders'.
Found 2 results
Like many I was dissatisfied with the LOSS. It was small, underarticulated, and looked pretty goofy and unfinished. Credit where credit's due though, it was an interesting build and an actual attempt at 2001-style geared Rahi-type enemies. However I wasn't even a fan of the whole giant-spider thing to begin with. Bionicle has had a bit of an odd history with insects and arachnids, and I got my fill of giant not-enough-legs-to-be-a-spider-spiders with the Visorak. So I tried something a tad different. (pardon the not-so-great pics, this thing barely even fits in my lightbox, and the last two were on my workbench) And yes, I count the arms towards the eight limbs. :p Gali for a sense of size: This pics may look awful, but they at least show the full MOC in the light: My backstory for it is that the Lord of Skull Spiders wha originally a villager exiled for terrible crimes and banished to the wilderness. After roaming the land he came in proximity of Makuta's resting place and was approached by him in a dream. Makuta offered the villager the golden Skull mask, armour and power to take revenge on the village if he would serve Makuta and aid in commanding the legions of Skull Spiders to destroy the Toa and Protectors and find the mask of Creation. He accepted, and was transformed into this. Thanks for looking. :3 Comments and crits always welcome.
Lord of Skull Spiders MOD by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr Hi all! I was kind of bored yesterday, so I decided to have a crack at improving the Lord of Skull Spiders in LDD, constructing the original set using just a parts list and whatever pictures I could find of the set on Eurobricks and BZPower (first time I've actually built a set this complex without instructions), before making a few modifications and improvements. The main modification here is to the legs - here I've added an extra ball joint to each leg for much improved poseability in the real model. The abdomen handle has been filled out a little whilst retaining the function squeeze handle, and exposed balljoints have been put to good use to fill out and shape the model a bit more. The model you see in the picture was rendered using LDD2POV-Ray. Post-processing through Photoshop was applied to add LOSS' face since the chestplate does not accept decoration. For those of you interested in using this for the basis of your own modifications, I provide the LDD file here. A few things to note about the LXF file however: it's missing the rubber band which is vital for the leg function. Wherever I use a black 3M axle (2 instances), this actually is supposed to represent the new 2M axle piece with pin (picture of it here, the piece on the left) which appears in LOSS (but having built a replica of the mechanism myself, a 3M axle would also work in it's place). I'm aware the trans-orange colour is all wrong as trans-neon orange does not appear to be in LDD. And the pose achieved in the render probably isn't possible in real life as the mechanism is set at an almost closed position due to LDD limitations (I couldn't get the knob gears to mesh properly at any angle except right angles!). The design is open to further modification (I intend to add a hook and string to the abdomen to let it hang once I get hold of the set itself), and while building this I realised you can just as easily build a trans-light blue (in place of the trans-neon orange) version so I might upload what that would look like to my Flickr a bit later. Thanks for looking!