Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ETF Truck'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Frontpage, Forum Information and General LEGO Discussion
    • New Member Section - PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING!
    • Frontpage News
    • Forum Information and Help
    • General LEGO Discussion
  • Themes
    • LEGO Licensed
    • LEGO Star Wars
    • LEGO Historic Themes
    • LEGO Action and Adventure Themes
    • LEGO Pirates
    • LEGO Sci-Fi
    • LEGO Town
    • LEGO Train Tech
    • LEGO Technic, Mindstorms, Model Team and Scale Modeling
    • LEGO Action Figures
    • Special LEGO Themes
  • Special Interests
    • The Military Section
    • Minifig Customisation Workshop
    • Digital LEGO: Tools, Techniques, and Projects
    • Brick Flicks & Comics
    • LEGO Mafia and Role-Play Games
    • LEGO Media and Gaming
  • Eurobricks Community
    • Hello! My name is...
    • LEGO Events and User Groups
    • Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds
    • Community
    • Culture & Multimedia

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)

Which LEGO set did you recently purchase or build?



Website URL








Special Tags 1

Special Tags 2

Special Tags 3

Special Tags 4

Special Tags 5

Special Tags 6

Country flag

Found 1 result

  1. A work in progress version of a 400 ton ETF truck. More info soon. Edit: some quick stats: 28 wheels, 14 L motors, 14 turntables, and 2438 parts as of right now. So, yes, it's really big. When I started this project, it was smaller, scaled down to the only type of wheels I had the right quantity of. Much to my dismay, they were far too wide for scale. I tried literally every other tire in my collection, and got the same result, except for these tires. Even so, building the axles was a pain, I'll tell you why tomorrow. Update: The axles were a major pain in the butt to build because of the fact that I had to include a differential in a module only 5 studs wide. However, this first iteration (shown above) was not strong enough, or geared down enough. So, I modified it, keeping the same torque tube design , but with the c bracket turned on it's side in order to accomodate portal axles. I also moved the motor from on the axle to a spot within the chassis. My model is currently roughly the same size as the one efferman is making, but since I have more motors (14 versus 10) and hopefully less weight overall, mine will be far more powerful. It also helps that these motorcycle tires are very, very grippy. The chassis was also updated, with the frame rails now being 5 studs apart, providing room for the steering servo motor, and steering reduction gearboxes. Also shown in this picture is the power module, with 6 receivers. 4 of the six will be slaved together, and provide power to the L motors. the remaining 2 will control the rotation of the bed, the tilt of the bed, and trafficators. Yes, it's going to have turn signals, and likely flashing warning lights. And, thanks to the fact that this model has a lot of internal room, I can include several engines, likely two supercharged v8s The red beams on the chassis merely mark the outlines of the cab and dump bed, and will disappear by the time this is finished. The bed is currently in the prototype stage, as I am still working on the bed lift, and how the whole shebang is going to connect to the chassis. March Update: This project is moving forward, albleit slowly. The mechanism for the turn signals is complete, but I have no photos. I'm actually building the truck as 3 sub models (the front, the rear, and the dump bed), due to the fact that the computer can't really process LDD models above 2500-600 parts. The engines have been incased, and will be lit from below. P.S. Does anybody know if you can slave an M motor to the same channel as the servo motor, and have the M motor continoulsy rotate even if the servo stops? And, it's update time. I've started on the cab, which will have seats, and house the trafficators. No, the yellow and black colors aren't a mistake. Those will be the final production colors. Rear view: this view shows the trafficators. The bottom motor is slaved to the steering channel. (I hope that it is possible to do that with an M and servo motor.), and the top motor is slaved to the drive mechanism, giving the model flashing warning lights. If you all are wondering what happened to the rest of the truck, I had to divide up the model so that the computer would stop freezing. The dump bed has also been rearranged, and has the linear actuators, but not their drive motors or shafts. Still to do: Finalize dump bed frame. Finalize turntable connection, and add motor. Add motors to control bed lift. Add bed front and back walls, and dump gate. Finish cab. Mount Trafficators Finish bulking up frame. Colorize. Real life testing. Make instructions. So yeah, lots to do, since this is a school project, I can afford to work on this a lot. Should hopefully be done by late April/ early May.