Search the Community
Showing results for tags '76161'.
Found 1 result
Hi, first post about doing a mod, but I felt pretty passionate about this one. Having grown up with the "original" Batman films, I loved the UCS Batmobile, and while I also love the lego Batwing, the elongated cockpit really struck me as a bit NQR. I tried various mods on mecabricks, and while the most accurate "shrinkage" (based on the original studio model) of the length of the cockpit would require the removable of (two) of the sections of 1/4 clear wall elements, this would require a full blown redesign of the seat and cockpit to fit it all in the remaining one. I also tried utilizing the new UCS A-wing canopy, but it's width isn't the 8 studs required (6 only), and again, a full redesign would be needed (which is a shame as it is a more accurate shape compared to this sets design) So finally, I settled on removing 2x BOW 1/4 4X4X1 which effectively shortened the length by about 2-3 studs (along with removal of other parts that were between the two cockpit sections). This allowed me to move the front of the canopy backwards 1 stud (more screen accurate) and also move the back "shell" (WALL ELEMENT CONE 3X6X6) forwards - again more screen accurate. To complete the look, I'm planning on printing some back vinyl to make the rear section of the canopy a sloping black area (rather than clear all the way back then a vertical black where the shell starts). The other major change I made was to remove some of the dark grey "detailing" to remain more screen accurate - especially the spoilers. I narrowed them by a stud to take advantage of the void below them created by removing the two LDG 2x6 bricks, which then allowed them to sit much more flush when down (with some detailing underneath 1 stud lower than the rest of the wing area) Instead of writing more, maybe I'll just show what I'm talking about, as it will hopefully make more sense that way. Happy with the overall result. Original model: Original studio model: