Wedge09

Herbalist's Shop

Hello all, today I'd like to post another freebuild: Herbalist's Shop.

Watching the list for Avavlonian Task 4, I thought that any villagge should have a doctor or something like that; in medieval times, pharmacies and herbalists were more or less the same thing so I decided to build one. :classic:

This is part of the Avalonian Task 4 - Historican Settlements in the category Medical: Apothecary, Herbalist, Infirmary, Physician.

C&C are always welcome and I hope you Enjoy it!

14982987337_ba7705af79_c.jpg

Hidden Garden had his own herbalist's shop which was run by Amalia, a young woman with a particular talent for healing; It can be said that almost all the residents of Hidden Garden was gone at the Herbalist's shop at least once, someone for a simple cold, some for much more serious illnesses or injuries. Therefore, for her work and service, Amalia was always held in high esteem by the other inhabitants.

On the first floor, Amalia kept all the herbs and medicinal remedies needed in her work, away from light, cold and warm; here, she prepared all the remedies and cared about the people who came searching for her help. On the second floor, there was her house, a single room where Amalia lived and, in case of need, cured even the more severe patients.

Beside the house, there was the garden where Amalia, aided by Elmo, cultivated several medicinal plants. The tower was a thing of the past, before it was organized a system of walls and guards all around Hidden Garden; in any case, from it you could see all Hidden Garden and even a little more.

15166762591_1e47930c8e_c.jpg

14983215028_a71caa1c83_c.jpg

14983161587_7a9582016d_c.jpg

14983050210_7cd4ab008c_c.jpg

This is a very beautiful house, I really love the interiour, the landscaping and ouf course the dark green frames. However, if I were you, I'd give the rock section of your house and the street more ruggedness, too much grey wall syndrome in your walls.

Great clean build. The arches in the interior are lovely. I agree wit Kabel about the paths and stone walls, but not the rockwork. I think stylistically, clean rockwork like that fits in here.

Really nice build, very noticeable improvement from your previous ones. The tudor-style sections are very nice, the green and white go very well together. Some of the stone texturing could be improved with some color or piece variations, or perhaps some depth changes. The little garden is a nice touch :thumbup:

Very nice work Wedge, beautiful building and a great scene! I really like how the house is built into the stone structure, and the interior looks great as well (especially with the ground level photo you took, makes this look so spacious and realistic). The fountains a pleasant touch as are the rock outcrop pings along the building. I agree a little more variation to the wall would benefit this MOC, but otherwise superb work.

Edited by MassEditor

Wedge, I think this is your best castle MOC to date. Clean and composed on the outside and the interior is icing on the cake. :thumbup:

Really nice build Wedge, I agree this is your best to date. Very nice clean finish and a high quality all round with lovely detailing especially the interior. I can't quite understand how the rocks extend into the interior, or not. Maybe the lower floor is carved out of the rock? I don't agree with kabel on grey wall syndrome in this case, many real buildings do have blank walls, but it is something to be aware of in a larger build. Very nice work.

Lovely build there Wedge! My favourite part is the rockwork together with the ladder at the side of the house. Its lovely detail.

I love how that plain gray wall works so well here! I also like the way the stairs fit right into the rocks. Great build!

Very nice build! I love the upper section and the wooden stair, as well as that little water fountain :classic:

Definitely one of your best GoH builds!

I agree however that the walls could have been slightly improved at least some texture (brick bricks/log bricks etc).

This fits so well in to our beloved Avalonia! The first floor with all the details are great! Nice to see that you can take of the second floor to show the details!

A very clean MOC which still has a lot of details in it, I like it! Keep on the good work!

Since I am not going to repeat what others have said, I'll just give this a verbal "Like" :wink: