Superfunk

MOC: Modular Shell Gas Station

Hi everyone

I am happy to present my first "big" MOC: A modular Shell gas station. When I got hold of a MISB set 1256 with its huge sticker sheet, I got started.

The gas station is 32 x 48 studs big and a corner modular. There is a double gas pump, a vacuum cleaner, a tire inflator, a public phone and a city map. The shop sells everything from motor oil and fire extinguishers to newspapers and flowers. It has also a large choice of beverages and food - you can even get a burger (well, microwaved only, but still)!

The neighboring 16 x 32 recycling station module adds the battery for the power functions lights in the roof and the shop. I also built a Scania tanker truck and a small Mini Cooper to go with the station.

Comments & suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

15166434095_fba9e9785c_z.jpg

15163440891_5c86a6dfe1_z.jpg

15163440771_094e1dd49a_z.jpg

14979702959_33446e2945_z.jpg

14979853377_1dd2c9ef71_z.jpg

15166432605_0ea3672a8a_z.jpg

15166042962_1054d039cf_z.jpg

OMG !

Pity there wasn't a servo building contest again.......a totally awesome build and I thought I make pretty close to the real thing servo's ! :laugh:

AWESOME designing 'Superfunk'......the fuel pumps remind me of my Coles Express ones :wink: .......Brick On 'Superfunk' !

Really nice service station! Every detail is well finished. But what I find disturbing is that the cars have to go backward after filling their cars. Making the pumps at 45° could have been great with this corner style station.

You know you're right 'Zed_43'.......I have my servo pumps parallel to the shop front, so yeah 45 degree position would be the only way to go or make shorter pump housing ?

Wow really nice!

I wish this was an official set, so I could buy it directly :D

Awesome Moc. Reminds me of my morning ritual getting my Coffee. The only detail that is off is that you need heap of chocolate bars at the register instead of fruit unless they are healthy lot in your city.

Edited by Wookiee

There's some lovely details in this build. And I really like the attached recycling center.

It really fits in very well in a modular street. Although it is a completely different kind of structure, the level of detail is the same. Very well done. And always nice to see a MOC that is related to the Netherlands.

I'm really impressed by your creation and the light up features are superb. I enjoyed your photos.

Hola!

Excellent modular petrol station. You've packed a lot in the footprint, and it looks great next to the Palace Cinema. Love the Mini.

Off-topic: Good job commenting on Superfunk's creation, Lightningtiger.

OMG !

Pity there wasn't a servo building contest again.......a totally awesome build and I thought I make pretty close to the real thing servo's ! :laugh:

AWESOME designing 'Superfunk'......the fuel pumps remind me of my Coles Express ones :wink: .......Brick On 'Superfunk' !

You know you're right 'Zed_43'.......I have my servo pumps parallel to the shop front, so yeah 45 degree position would be the only way to go or make shorter pump housing ?

EvMan

Great build Superfunk! I love seeing Shell stations, especially ones with this level of detail. I love the integration of the lighting, as well :classic:

Great Shell station! :thumbup: Would be glad to have it in the Flickr LEGO Gas Stations Group. I especially like the lighting features - you don't see that very often. Nice idea to use the recycling station for the battery.

I agree with the others regarding the access for the cars, though, but I'd rather enlarge the whole thing so that there's more room between the building and the pumps.

Thanks, everyone, happy that you all like it!

OMG !

Thanks, lightningtiger! I checked, but the last building contest was limited to 32 x 32... :wink: Hadn't seen your Coles station before, my inspiration mainly came from Google (such as here or here)... :classic:

Absolutely Fantastic!

You've achieved an incredible amount of detail, I especially like the lighting built into the canopy :thumbup:

Edited by grum64