Sign in to follow this  
jondesouza

[MOD] Double Daily Bugle

Hi everyone. I'm always really keen to see how it's possible to make bigger (generally 32 width) buildings with multiple copies of the same set. As I'm hugely into superheroes I've just completed a version bringing together two #76005 sets (the Daily Bugle Showdown). Apart from the circular bricks, creating the columns at the front, the only bricks used are those from the two 76005s. In some places that meant that I was a bit short of bricks - there are some places where I could have done with different pieces (the use of the brown plate instead of dark grey on the roof for example). I'd also have liked to have a but more detail near the top, but again a lack of useful bricks stymied me.

I would welcome your thoughts - I may well put in a Bricklink order to jazz it up a bit. And I'd really like to make it bigger - another 8 deep would be good (to make it 32x16 instead of 32x8).

If you're interested in Daily Bugle MOCs/MODs, can I also recommend these two which are superb:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83150 by HayHay

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99280 by vitroleum

dbc.jpg

Great! If I had done it I would have stacked the two models or put them back to back, but this also works. :thumbup:

lol, I picked this up from toys r us yesterday for £25. I like your idea and now considering going back for a second one :p

Any tips for applying the window stickers? I hate the things as always seem to get some smudge or dust under them that ruins the look :/

Edited by Kizmoz

Kizmoz, my idea would be to start peeling the sticker slightly, place it on the brick, whilst it is still attached to the paper, then use a ruler or sharp object to flatten it from the beginning gently as you take it off the sticker paper :)

I also had the similar idea to combine two sets into a bigger town.

15112916472_5c26a7f391_b.jpg

Edited by rysis