I know it was asked a few pages before, but couldn't find an answer.

Will it work also with the standard receiver ( I don't have V2).

Yes, I am using standard receivers and it works great.

Blackbird, where can i buy theese tyres? they are just perfect and beautiful.

Or do you think the offroad (9398) tyres look even better for this model??

Edited by Duky

Blackbird, where can i buy theese tyres? they are just perfect and beautiful.

Or do you think the offroad (9398) tyres look even better for this model??

I got my tires here. I think they are much better than 9398 tires.

I know, but compared to the Unimog tyres, i think the offroad tyres look better!

I know, but compared to the Unimog tyres, i think the offroad tyres look better!

To each his own. I think the offroad (9398) tires look terrible because Tatra's don't use balloon tires. But use whatever you enjoy!

What a monster!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I finished the build and it was incredible fun to build it!!

This thing is huge and heavy! But works outstanding!

I did not use the LiPo battey boxes, but two of the standard boxes 59510. Thus I had to modify the back of the beast a little bit, so that they fit across the chassis.

And - unfortunately - I did not have 10 hard, yellow shock absorbers, so I used two grey ones for the front axle. But that is definitive too weak. When starting driving the front axle significantly starts to drop.This is, what I have to change.

My boys love that monster, they are always quarreling who has the remote controll.

THANK YOU, Madoca!!!!

Edited by tripletschiee

Last weekend I built this beauty. This is incredible MOC. Thank You very much, Madoca!

My son drives Tatra with pleasure. :)

Edited by ifilin

Usually I don't keep models on display. I build, take it apart and proceed to the next model.

But with this, it's been over a month and I still couldn't take it apart.

I think it's the best model I've ever built. The best looks vs construction vs play vs sturdiness vs size.

Congratulations Madoca for this and for making it available for us.

I wonder if TLG could/would ever produce a model like this and how much would it cost.

TLG would never produce a model like this, and even if they did, its cost would be obscene.

Here are some photos of the beast in action:

16109424734_9fe0945e4a_s.jpg.16731734565_56845b2465_s.jpg.16730661262_5359e59761_s.jpg.16111783533_bd0388008c_s.jpg.16705840106_e828b4b008_s.jpg.16705840586_abe8c6313d_s.jpg.16109427954_2111d5e9dd_s.jpg

And of the small modification to handle the other battery boxes:

16111784873_4983062d2f_s.jpg.16730662842_4f700d6ab0_s.jpg.16705841646_b10c8dde7b_s.jpg

Edited permissions in Flickr ....

Edited by tripletschiee

Add the new Claas 42054 tires and it's gonna be a real badass monster. But most likely some corrections are going to be needed because the new 107 mm tires wont fit next to each other in the given space between the axles.

An old thread now yes? but the subject is awesome and I spent three hours last night until mid morning ordering parts from brick owl, ebay and Lego dot com.

I'm 58 and feel like a teenager but I'm probably in to getting on for two grand since December, NUTS or what lol

Thank you Madoca :tongue:

I must add that the LiPo batteries from lego are expensive yes but probably worth it long term and deliver the power. I have bought Sbricks for the 42009 but I'm using the regular Lego stuff for this build.

Sbrick are to be commended for their technology but the pricing is too rich and the product suffers from too many people to support. It should really be on a par with Lego equipment price to compete in bulk and as yet the reliability is unknown. USA are doing colour options but again at dreamworld prices. Get real Sbrick!

Making good progress on the CAD so far. One of the advantages of building the CAD file is that I get to scrutinize every part and function before I build, and it is fun to figure out how it works and fits together. As usual for Madoca, this looks like an incredibly well built model.

800x387.jpg

At this point I've completed all of the mechanical functions and the model would be totally drivable in this state. Everything else is cosmetic. If you were to alter the appearance starting with this as a baseline, I think it would make a rather excellent moon rover. I'd like to stick a lunar base plate under it and see how it looks.

Edit: I had to try it. This looks awesome! I articulated the suspension to match the terrain. Now it just needs a big rocket launcher strapped to the back.

800x406.jpg

The internal combustion engine could be a problem on the moon though.....

Hi Blakbird, I started like your modeling and rendering since saw your drawing for Andrea Grazi's Tow Truck. :sweet:

Thanks to Madocca for the Tatra :thumbup: . Tried to rebuild the amazing truck using LDD :

27511234845_bc6285c738_b.jpgTATRA B by noppin_1980, on Flickr

27439004661_838a6af5db_b.jpgTATRA A by noppin_1980, on Flickr

Edited by noppin

Continuing my post before, I was surprising saw Blackbird's modeling using MLCad... all properly fit.

Rebuild the Tatra using LDD, since I like the LDD's simple interface and the snapping feature. But when building complex Technic, I found a bit (sometimes a lot) tricky joints.

Using LDD in this model, I found some failed joints ('snap with cross hole', 'conical wheel' , and some ' beams'), until I failed to put the battery boxes.

Trying to learn using MLCad, LeoCAD, and LDraw. So sad that MLCad doesn't have snapping feature (or maybe I failed to find the feature ?).

Edited by noppin

Continuing my post before, I was surprising saw Blackbird's modeling using MLCad... all properly fit.

Rebuild the Tatra using LDD, since I like the LDD's simple interface and the snapping feature. But when building complex Technic, I found a bit (sometimes a lot) tricky joints.

Using LDD in this model, I found some failed joints ('snap with cross hole', 'conical wheel' , and some ' beams'), until I failed to put the battery boxes.

Trying to learn using MLCad, LeoCAD, and LDraw. So sad that MLCad doesn't have snapping feature (or maybe I failed to find the feature ?).

Try LDcad. :classic:

It does have a snapping feature (although by default it's turned off) and it feels and works a lot more modern than MLcad.

If you like LDD, make sure to turn on SPN camera mode instead of TBL camera mode too.

If you have more questions regarding LDcad, MLcad, LDD etc. feel free to ask them here :classic:

That looks like a blast to drive around. :P

(The original posted truck, that is)

Edited by Asad

Since this thread has been revived, I thought I might as well add to it...

Since all the Porsche's had sold out, I bought a complete 813 model off of eBay last night and I must say it is pretty awesome. Chap selling the model was not doing it for profit, so morally OK I think. Arrived ready built, so I'll have to rip it apart and start again so I can really appreciate the mechanism, fill the bed in, and replace the few minor colour substitutions.

It was my first experience of the sbrick too. They aren't half clever! So much better than the IR controllers. Still need to figure out to make a proper scheme for it though.

Thanks Madoca for putting the designs out there, it is awesome. There is so much pulling power in the low range, my 4yr old daughter was tractor pulling all sorts of things round the floor from Hogwarts to Elsa's castle.

Try LDcad. :classic:

It does have a snapping feature (although by default it's turned off) and it feels and works a lot more modern than MLcad.

If you like LDD, make sure to turn on SPN camera mode instead of TBL camera mode too.

If you have more questions regarding LDcad, MLcad, LDD etc. feel free to ask them here :classic:

Thanks, legolintje...

Trying rendering the Madocca's Tatra, No battery boxes there :grin: , and there're some connectors missing.

27476771986_39ba982a99_b.jpgtatra by noppin_1980, on Flickr

Edited by noppin

This model is simply amazing! To me, it is everything a trial truck should be; though, realistic, technical, including lots of neat functions, and having a very clean design. :thumbup:

It was a truck trial @ Minsk, Belarus last weekend so I decide to build Madoka's Tatra but with one major update - a driver :classic:

DSC_0705.JPG

Edited by Aleh

No pictures this time, to keep Milan out of work ;)

This truck has been also stolen and turned into a set by Lepin. This is pathetic...