They're already finished as you can read here :wink:

Oh wow, I missed a post or two ^^"

Madoca, thank you so much for sharing instuctions!

Your Tatra is one of the best TT I ever seen. Complex and rigid chassis combined with nice exterior - and alltogether it looks excellent.

First I build this model "as is" and have much driving fun =)

Then I decided to replace all the PF electrics by Mindstorms. So here it is:

DSCF9382_zpsf94bd010.jpg

DSCF9384_zps314613ef.jpg

DSCF9385_zpsd21ed883.jpg

Model is controlled by smartphone app via bluetooth. Here is app - EV3 NumericPad

Propulsion and steering control are proportional, and stering has "return-to-center" feature. There is two large EV3 motors on drive and two medium EV3 motors on steering. Phone app has window with two axis: X is steering and Y is propulsion. So you can drive car with only one finger.

Gearbox are not motorised yet, I have some problem with HiTechnic IRLink sensor. Hope this problem can be solved =)

Video shows how does EV3 Tatra performs (high gear is on) and how app control looks like.

Thank you madoca again for making another incredible truck.

Just built the truck last night, surprisingly the tatra truck has almost the same as wing body truck

1.JPG

11.JPG

13.JPG

Edited by terenshi

it is a custom made acrylic case

Wow, looks really good - what did it cost you to make such a display case? Is the bottom also custom made?

I think this will be my next build. Has anyone created a PDF from Madoca's photos? If not I will do it myself since I like to be offline when building. I think I will try to build it in CAD first, as usual.

I am just waiting for my parts and I will be building this beauty :classic: , thanks so much for the instructions !!!!!

Making good progress on the CAD so far. One of the advantages of building the CAD file is that I get to scrutinize every part and function before I build, and it is fun to figure out how it works and fits together. As usual for Madoca, this looks like an incredibly well built model.

800x387.jpg

At this point I've completed all of the mechanical functions and the model would be totally drivable in this state. Everything else is cosmetic. If you were to alter the appearance starting with this as a baseline, I think it would make a rather excellent moon rover. I'd like to stick a lunar base plate under it and see how it looks.

Edit: I had to try it. This looks awesome! I articulated the suspension to match the terrain. Now it just needs a big rocket launcher strapped to the back.

800x406.jpg

The internal combustion engine could be a problem on the moon though.....

Great, but please add rocket after you finish the whole model :P

BTW, I'm struggling with a hose in MLCad, I just can't even think how much more I would have to learn to make articulated suspension... Well, off to start learning CAD!

Finished the CAD today, and finished ordering parts to build the model last night. I hope to build it next weekend.

800x388.jpg

You managed to make a PDF Blakbird?

Another project where I could make instructions, but at the moment I have too much work with the instructions overview from gerger's GMK6400 crane. And after this I plan to make the instructions for sheo's mining excavator. So I have work to the end of the year. But maybe someone's a volunteer to step the CAD file and make instruction drafts.

And I think, blakbird has enough work either, so we have to thank him for all the effort he makes, like creating CAD files, renders, MOC documentary etc. :thumbup:

Greetings

Alex

No, I meant a collection PDF out of the photos on Madoca's site. He mentioned he was considering making one. I made a PDF for the other Madoca MODs, but I'm too lazy now to do it myself :laugh:

Edited by jantjeuh

Finished some renders of the Tatra. I love this thing. I have been watching videos of truck trials in Europe and wish we had such a thing here in the USA.

800x450.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Fantastic renders!!!

I have been watching videos of truck trials in Europe and wish we had such a thing here in the USA.

I'm really surprised, I thought everything related to gasoline and racing happens in the USA, seriously.

That's because in the USA they actually ''play'' and race with real stuff that consume the gasoline, sadly we in Europe have to settle with Lego versions of racing ...

That's because in the USA they actually ''play'' and race with real stuff that consume the gasoline, sadly we in Europe have to settle with Lego versions of racing ...

No, I'm referring to the real, full-scale truck trials, not just the LEGO versions. It seems that people are competing with real Tatras, MANs, and DAFs all over Eastern Europe and burning lots of diesel.