Sign in to follow this  
RemtonDulyak

Who says Duplos are only for toddlers?

Well, as I have many Duplos at home (I got a 2 yo kid which is a Lego enthusiast), when I want to "physically" build something, I use those, instead of LDD.

Of course, the size and colors of the bricks tend to limit the results, but Duplo can also be useful to build something nice.

These are starships I made for my little kid, and he enjoyed playing with them at least as much as I enjoyed building them (and it was much!).

Frigate

IMG_7065_zps0f1db7a8.jpg

IMG_7066_zps3e8f9212.jpg

IMG_7067_zps7f1bad69.jpg

Cruiser

IMG_7051_zps573bb5a1.jpg

IMG_7052_zpsa42fc068.jpg

IMG_7050_zpsf72d0b4b.jpg

IMG_7053_zpsb66aa507.jpg

Carrier/Battleship

IMG_5706_zps5954e5a1.jpg

IMG_5705_zpscf1bf217.jpg

IMG_5707_zps4c02e4b3.jpg

IMG_5709_zpsc6530903.jpg

Does anyone else build something with Duplos for their toddlers?

good wholesome stuff. The big one next to the laptop looks inspired by the Viper from Battlestar Galactica...?

There is no "direct" inspiration, though I must say 35 years of watching Sci-Fi (in all media) might have left some passive inspiration in me...

There is no "direct" inspiration, though I must say 35 years of watching Sci-Fi (in all media) might have left some passive inspiration in me...

Yeah - my wife pointed this out the other day... 'it's good to sea that game makers and film makers agree on the general sound a zombie should make'. I was playing The Last Of Us. So we are all conditioned. I have yet to hear a zombie make sounds like a smurf :laugh:

I don't have a kid, and thus don't build for a toddler, but I use DUPLO mostly as filler in mocs. Nonetheless, it does have its uses... :)