Pate-keetongu

Company of Thorin Oakenshield project - Compeleted!

Good evening!

I am happy to announce that my project to build the company of Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit films.

14963409387_ddf2a8cef6_c.jpg

The project began 656 days ago in a land of which kind no longer exist in Middle-Earth when I posted bust of Balin in November 2012. It sort of grew into a full Balin, and got a brother Dwalin, and a cousin Oin, and some random Bifur guy... And well, I decided to build the dwarves, and then somebody asked (probably here on on EB) asked if I'd build Gandalf and Bilbo. And well, I did.

15147000821_42ca3f88bd_c.jpg

You probably remember some of these MOCs (Kili even made it to the front page). The new ones here are Ori, Bilbo and Gandalf.

14963270189_9f0abb75fd_c.jpg

Of course the story of the company doesn't end here. There will be conventions and exhibits to visit with these guys.

There's heaps of more photos on my blog. Enjoy. At least I did enjoy building them!

Edited by Pate-keetongu

Man, that's some beautiful work you've done there! I absolutely love these. Such great detail and creative parts use, and they all look just like their movie (or book) character!

These were fun to follow. You really did a good job with them.

I wouldn't begin to know how you pieced them together, but I'd want to see more. That Gandalf is outstanding (although all look really good).

I really want to see Lord of the Rings characters now. And then display them on my shelf. Any tips? :blush:

Keep up the great work.

Gorgeous work, man. Just gorgeous.

I really like all of them, because every figure look amazing!

P.S. I`d like to see LotR characters now :)

I have really enjoyed watching these as you built and posted them. These really capture each of the characters from the Hobbit so well, and I think that the skill involved in building this style is probably underappreciated by many builders. I have not built in that style, but I imagine it is very different from traditional styles and takes a bit of rework to get the look you want. Great job!

Nothing more can be said about how brilliant these are so I will simply add...

tumblr_inline_mju8axD70n1qz4rgp.jpg

I really need to have someone make a WnW emoticon for me. i would use it a lot on this forum.

Wow! Such an awesome project, each build is amazing! So cool to see them all together! :sweet::thumbup:

I just checked details on your high-res photos, incredible in fact, the angles that you are combining parts, looks almost impossible...

(Sound of jaw hitting the floor)

Words cannot capture how amazing this creation is.

You captured the costume and appearance of each one of them perfectly. Lego should release them as offical sets.

I wonder what a Fellowship would look like.

P.S. Any chance you could make an Azog?

Edited by Ql97