Blakbird

LDraw models needed for Technicopedia

Same here with the being busy (I just moved in the past weeks); I'm at 1/3th of the 9397 model now and hope to have it finished somewhere next week.

What great teamwork; ~50 models done in the space of a month.

Indeed the response has been amazing. I didn't expect to get through all those models so quickly. All of the models on the original list are now complete or in work (9397 and 42009). The only other files I'd still like are the Racers models 8146 and 8682. Ideally I'd also have the alternate 8862 combine, although I can live without it.

Anybody?

I'll start on 8146. Unfortunately, the principal part (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/46453) doesn't seem to have been modeled yet. What would you like in its place?

Owen.

Edit: I haven't actually started yet, and I've got something else on for the next little while. If anyone else wants to step in, go right ahead. Alternatively, if these files are holding up other work, let me know and I'll give them higher priority.

Edited by Captainowie

Edit: I haven't actually started yet, and I've got something else on for the next little while. If anyone else wants to step in, go right ahead. Alternatively, if these files are holding up other work, let me know and I'll give them higher priority.

I'm going to start working on 8682. If you still haven't time to work 8146 by the time I finish, I'll move on to that one next.

I've finished 8682 apart from the engine block part which does not yet exist in LDraw. I had forgotten how unique this model was. Apart from the stickers, what really makes it stand out is the video game console system which pops up out of the cargo area along with a massive set of speakers. I can't think of any other set that has that!

800x438.jpg

I have that model since it came out and it's a really nice model. It's quite simple in terms of functions, but the game console and TV in the back are very original (and the unfolding works flawless).

I hope someone will take on your part request at the LDraw forums :wink:

Finally finished, almost a year after I started work on this model....

800x450.jpg

Download

Stickers missing obviously, I'll start on 8862 alternate but it will take some time :sweet:. Oh, and I couldn't get the large actuators to line up with the cams, I seem to come up short a couple of millimeters.

Edited by lego2lego

The questions might have been asked already ... and apologies if I missed it.

Are there any plans to make such virtual models available to the community? I know some are ... but not all of them.

The ones in the technicopedia are available on that site, but Blakbird is a little behind so only models up until 1996 are available. But all models have been made so sometime in the future they will all be available. And in the digital designer forums a lot of non-technic LDD and Draw models can be found

The questions might have been asked already ... and apologies if I missed it.

Are there any plans to make such virtual models available to the community? I know some are ... but not all of them.

Brickset has integrated LDraw files for some models originally available here, on EB. Hope it will be extended for wider ranger of themes.

I'm going to start working on 8682. If you still haven't time to work 8146 by the time I finish, I'll move on to that one next.

Sorry. The end of the year is fast approaching, and I've got a bunch of GBC modules to make before Brickvention in January.

Owen.

Sorry. The end of the year is fast approaching, and I've got a bunch of GBC modules to make before Brickvention in January.

Owen.

Be sure to share pics of the GBCs when done ... always looking for new contraptions.

Finally finished, almost a year after I started work on this model....

I finally got a chance to look at your file and you have done amazing work with all the stepping and submodels. Thank you very much!

I finally got a chance to look at your file and you have done amazing work with all the stepping and submodels. Thank you very much!

Thank you, I try to stick to the building instructions whenever I can. Also, Bricksmith kind of forces you to use submodels if you want to rotate or move certain parts. That said, I think the boom is kind of a mess....

I'm pleased to say that, thanks to the help of all of you, I now have a complete set of Technic LDraw files. This even includes Technic Star Wars and Racers models which will be included in Technicopedia. For those of you who are curious as to what all these models look like, I have posted the annual collection images from 1977-2014 at my Bricksafe account, and here's 2014 just for a teaser.

800x363.jpg

Fantastic! When do you reckon the 1997 write-up will be ready for us mere mortals to view on Technicopedia? :innocent2:

Also, the red axle/pin cross blocks on the 8434 tilt rotor aircraft rotate with the engines/propellers, so they are 90 degrees off after you turned the engines to horizontal flight mode :grin:

I noticed that the power cable on 42009 hasn't made the render? Is that because of a problem with my file, because it is present in the file.

I notived a little problem in the 2013 image; there's a hovercraft inside the excavator

But it looks so cute down there! Good catch, I'm fixing it now.

Fantastic! When do you reckon the 1997 write-up will be ready for us mere mortals to view on Technicopedia?

No idea. Finishing these group pictures was the main hurdle I had to clear before I moved on. I have already begun some of the page layout for 1997, but not much more than that. There are a tremendously large number of models for 1997 and 1998.

Also, the red axle/pin cross blocks on the 8434 tilt rotor aircraft rotate with the engines/propellers, so they are 90 degrees off after you turned the engines to horizontal flight mode

You get the award for looking the most closely. I don't think I ever would have noticed that.

I noticed that the power cable on 42009 hasn't made the render? Is that because of a problem with my file, because it is present in the file.

That was intentional. The big group renders take an enormous amount of memory, and in many cases the majority of that is synthesized elements like wires and tubes. I suppressed many of these elements for the big renders to make it run faster assuming no one would notice. Apparently I was wrong! Don't worry, I still have the wires and I will be using them on the detailed renders of 42009.

You get the award for looking the most closely. I don't think I ever would have noticed that.

Yay! Expecting a tag of some kind below my avatar :laugh:

Seriously though, the only reason I noticed was because I built the physical model as I was making the LDraw file, and I delivered it in "vertical flight" :grin:

Looking very much forward to updates on your site! :thumbup:

Blakbird are you also looking for 8366 Supersonic RC it's a Racer but plenty of technic ?

In case you are looking for it, I started to make the ldraw.

Are those LDraw files available somewhere? I have some troubles using MLCad with flexible hoses and wanted to have a look at some sets containing 75c10. There are none available in the index in LDraw forum...