EDIT: Now also with HUFFLEPUFF TORSOS!

Hello Eurobricks!

Geertos13 here, I don't post a lot in the customization usually, but I thought this was worth it.

While working on my new Harry Potter Brickfilm, (which hum hum.. can be checked out

...) I wanted to get everything look quite pro, and I've been always been sort of a purist, so for my little Hogwarts students, I didn't want to go for decals, so I looked around the net, and except for Smallgreenpeatoys' ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos that don't look that good, I went looking but couldn't find anything good! And then I found poppunkmunkys store, now before you all get mad, cause I saw that he got quite some hate on here, I thought his quality was really good. He also offers a printing service for a 5$ per torso if you order five torsos of the same printing, perfect for custom armies, Ooorrr Hogwarts students for that matter! So I present to you, the first ever, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff printed torsos!

15320400591_209a2089fd_c.jpg

14960784748_3403312ab5_c.jpg

I only ordered some Ravenclaw ones first, as I didn't know what to expect, but the printing came out great, colorfull and crisp, so I soon ordered Hufflepuff torsos as well and below is the result! Behold, the front and back together below :

15146950252_98e4c4876d_c.jpg

Here is a comparison picture with the other two official houses, as I said, Hufflepuff to come soon.

15146953742_b522073b75_c.jpg

15323555235_48a90a9831_c.jpg

15136804709_7bc53d8f89_c.jpg

Finally, here is a picture that actually features a figure I bought from the store itself, based on the Hufflepuff quidditch team, also highly detailled, crisp and accurate:

14960783758_558fca6790_c.jpg

Special thanks goes out to lego3x11l who was willing to design new customs for me. Tin7creations' decals vanished from the internet quite a while back, and he made his own, new ones, if you want you can check em out here

What do you think of those custom Ravenclaw torsos? Absolute win or epic purist fail? Want one yourself? Go ahead on order one here.

14960682550_1543029450.jpg15137002687_5cc0ed5c63.jpg

Edited by Geertos13

These look awesome!! Are the pad or digital? Might try to get some myself, could you link to where he does special custom printing?

Not being an expert, I won't be able to correctly answer that, it says the torso is professionally machine printed with a permanent print that will not wash, peel, rub or fade off. No laser engraving was used, but doesn't specify anything else, perhaps someone on here could give us some info on the matter? Oh and of course! My bad, here you go (Also added it to the actual thread now)

Edited by Geertos13

Not being an expert, I won't be able to correctly answer that, it says the torso is professionally machine printed with a permanent print that will not wash, peel, rub or fade off. No laser engraving was used, but doesn't specify nothing else, perhaps someone on here could light us on this subject? Oh and of course! My bad, here you go (Also added it to the actual thread now)

Awesome, thanks heaps. Sorry to be a bit annoying but the colour (Dark blueish gray) isn't on the list, did you organize that with him later on?

Thanks again :)

Looks pretty good. I would not consider this a purist figure but I know what you mean, printed vs stickered. It will definitely look a lot better in the film to have all printed parts.

$5 per torso seems like a lot to me, but I'm cheap. For my one and only large HP build I used the "hogwarts" torsos in place of the other houses though even those were a bit hard to get ahold of/find, they were only around $1 each on bricklink.

It's a real shame TLG didn't do anything for the other houses. Would have benn nice to be able to do a purist build with something other than the two.

I've been quoted $65 for a similar situation ...

Well that's just outragous unless a huge chunk of it is a pad printing setup fee. I am not saying $5 is a ripoff (I would have to guess at that price he is not pad printing but I have no idea). Just saying it's a lot if, for example, you need 100. Though perhaps there is a price break on a job like that.

Well that's just outragous unless a huge chunk of it is a pad printing setup fee. I am not saying $5 is a ripoff (I would have to guess at that price he is not pad printing but I have no idea). Just saying it's a lot if, for example, you need 100. Though perhaps there is a price break on a job like that.

Looks pretty good. I would not consider this a purist figure but I know what you mean, printed vs stickered. It will definitely look a lot better in the film to have all printed parts.

$5 per torso seems like a lot to me, but I'm cheap. For my one and only large HP build I used the "hogwarts" torsos in place of the other houses though even those were a bit hard to get ahold of/find, they were only around $1 each on bricklink.

It's a real shame TLG didn't do anything for the other houses. Would have benn nice to be able to do a purist build with something other than the two.

Well, considering on Bricklink and pick-up a brick, a common torso usually costs around 1 or 2$ (often without back printing) if we consider that to be the medium price range, I don't think 5$ for a fully custom printed front and back torso is that big of a deal, I'd agree it's quite a lot of money, but it's not expensive, does that make sense? But they have a 10% off back then, and still do I see, so you actually get five for 4.40$.

Awesome, thanks heaps. Sorry to be a bit annoying but the colour (Dark blueish gray) isn't on the list, did you organize that with him later on?

Thanks again :)

Ah, yes, I asked him about it, and said I was even willing to provide the torsos if necessary, but he had them laying around and said it wasn't a problem, then again, dark grey is a common color, I'm not sure he'd have everything you'd need, depending on what you're going for.

Well, considering on Bricklink and pick-up a brick, a common torso usually costs around 1 or 2$ (often without back printing) if we consider that to be the medium price range, I don't think 5$ for a fully custom printed front and back torso is that big of a deal, I'd agree it's quite a lot of money, but it's not expensive, does that make sense?

I was trying to say the same thing :classic: It's definitely better than what most customizers charge for this type of thing. I think Brickengraver is around the same price for printing. It is nice they only require an order of 5 to make the first price break.

I was trying to say the same thing :classic: It's definitely better than what most customizers charge for this type of thing. I think Brickengraver is around the same price for printing. It is nice they only require an order of 5 to make the first price break.

Ah Okay, then we understood each other :thumbup: Hadn't heard of Brickengraver so checked him out, looked interesting at well, thanks for the info. 5 torsos minimum is indeed awesome!

Poppunkmunky's torsos aren't pad printed. In my experience they definitely look/feel like digital printing.

Ah! Thanks for the insight KingPixels.

Not knowing much about all those different prints, could somebody quickly explain the difference?

^ The printing should be bumpy, whilst pad is EXACTLY like how lego prints

Do the lines feel/look above the torso?

Ah, that's it, thanks for the info, I'm really terrible at this stuff, this explains that.

The printing is indeed a little bumpy, and you can feel it if you go over it, however, I've often seen the edges shine a little on the different printed parts, some have those weird white outlining as well, which is not the case here, unless you touch it, you don't notice it not's officially printed. Which is really cool :)

These look really great! I've always wondered why they didn't do Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Will have to get some for myself sometime :classic: Also, just checked out your videos. Wonderful job!

Edited by Blue_Bird

Poppunkmunky's torsos aren't pad printed. In my experience they definitely look/feel like digital printing.

These are definitely printed rather than PAD printed. You can see the striations, especially on the black stripes in the yellow jersey.

Wow, these look great! Yes they're not pad printed, I'd say probably a UV digital flatbed printer?

Unless you're going to do a run of several hundred of the same torso, pad printing just isn't going to be economical.

But keep up the good work, I love them! :wub: