Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I made post about my MIDI-Scale starships featuring on LEGO Ideas. Lately, I finished this new image showing them in this epic combat from the very beginning of the Episode III.

post-127032-0-49090700-1409870209_thumb.jpg

Considering my poor skills in image editing I'm quite satisfied with the result. You can find more info on MOCpages (http://mocpages.com/moc.php/396361).

More images and informations about both ships can be found here:

MIDI-Scale Invisible Hand

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/71409

MIDI-Scale Venator Star Destroyer

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74229

Thank you for stopping by and special thanks to everyone who bothers with giving a support!

Happy building!

Thats not a bad picture! What program did you use for models? Alaso nice action for the Invisible Hand.

P.S. You got my support :)

Thats not a bad picture! What program did you use for models? Alaso nice action for the Invisible Hand.

P.S. You got my support :)

Thank you! This is all designed in LDD using extended mode. Editing was made in Gimp since I stil haven't managed to get Photoshop :D

I really like both of your designs! keep up the great work, and make us happy with more! :D

I really like both of your designs! keep up the great work, and make us happy with more! :D

Haha, glad to hear that. Do you have any specific suggestion for another ship to be designed in this scale?

Haha, glad to hear that. Do you have any specific suggestion for another ship to be designed in this scale?

I want ALL :grin:

seriously, I've always wanted to see a Mon Calamari ship + Home one at this scale. And when you're at it, why not just accompany it with a SSD? :classic:

I want ALL :grin:

seriously, I've always wanted to see a Mon Calamari ship + Home one at this scale. And when you're at it, why not just accompany it with a SSD? :classic:

SSD in this scale would be the biggest ever made of LEGO I guess :) I design my models with some realistic plan of building them in real so I have to stay in rational size :D

Home one is "only" about 3 times longer than Venator thus should be more realistic :D I'll consider if it's within my power to build it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ah well, I more meant size instead of scale. sorry for that. :classic: But I'll take anything, if you rather like to make bigger versions I think they could look great too!

Trying to follow the goal which is to keep each ship in scale to the others. I think it could provide the best playability and jo: Of course it brings some limmits though. That Home one is actually good idea. Not many of them were built so far, especially in given scale. That matches my effort to pick subjects which are not that common among MOCs.

Could you do a Lucrehulk-class battleship, an Acclamator-class assault ship, and a Banking Clan Comms Ship? These are great so far!

Thanks Markus!

Thank you manx!

Could you do a Lucrehulk-class battleship, an Acclamator-class assault ship, and a Banking Clan Comms Ship? These are great so far!

Hello, first of thank you very much for suggestions. I'll take it one one by order. Lucrehulk was always my dream. The problem is that it's huge. It's mass (volume) Is about 10 times bigger than Venator. That is way to big for what I can design now, either because of lack of time or lack of skills. There are 2 Lego models of this amazing spacecraft matching this scale pretty well, made by master builders Thomas Benedikt and Paul Yperman be sure to check them out:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/23078

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/188701

For me, building such a thing remains just a dream, at least for now :) The other suggestions are much more realistic and to be honest, I already thought of both of them. I think I'll have banking clan Recusant-class destroyer done as first following - already made some progress on this one. With Acclamator, I still havent solved the hull design. This ship is already pretty small in given scale and it's hard to reach some satisfactory shape. Nevertheless, I have this one in my midn too.

Well, since this has been effectively bumped... :D

This was my very first photo editing attempt, like ever - not that I'd have done that many since. It has some obvious flaws, I would hesitate to call it beautiful myself but it was the best I could have 'gimped' out these days haha :D

This Home One thing is weird, you are right about the wookieped stats, I however, always thought it was bigger, about 3800m - some sources list this value and many of these 'ship comparison' pictures show Home One really big, more than twice the ISD. But who know what's correct :D Probably 1300 m in the end :)

Anyway, for anyone who'd wonder (and for several trusty followers I have), both models from this pic are now built and I'm still working on the instructions. It goes, however, painfully slowly - I was hoping that holiday would make the justice but it turned out I had even less time for PC work than I have throughtout the terms when I am at the university. Bad thing is that I need access both to my pc and to my lego, which makes me unable to work on travels etc :( I have some progress done anyway but It's still nowhere near finished, especially the Venator which is quite complicated build.

The post isnt dead, it still gets plenty of activity.

Phaleon was right - last reply to this thread was actually 2 years and 2 days old. On most circumstances, adding new reply to such thread is considered unwanted. But you might have not known that, I don't blame you (not only because it's my thread :D ) But you better watch out doing this to often or the moderators will intervene ;)

I hope I can ensure in some reasonable time that you will have the oportinity to build the Venator ;)