talos

Modulars - how many of each do you have?

As I am toying with purchasing a second 'Pet Shop' I was wondering how many others buy multiple copies of the sets. So far, I have gotten 2 Town Halls, 2 Grand Emporiums, 2 Parisian Restaurants. 1 each of the Palace Cinema, Fire Brigade and PetShop. I came too late to the table for the others.

I used most of the second Town Hall to build my Ideas project, and the others I plan to increase the size of my GE, and maybe MOC something from the PR.

If anything, they are good sources of a lot of brick for the price. With the intro of a new modular soon, I am thinking I might get the 2nd Pet Shop for the parts, and possibly reworking it into my own design. I guess the possibilities are endless.

What are your thoughts/plans?

I have 2x Green Grocer, 1x Fire Brigade, 2x Grand Emporium, 2x Pet Shop, 1x Town Hall, 1x Palace Cinema, and 1x Parisian Restaurant. I plan to get 1-2 more Town Halls (I disagree with the general consensus that TH is dull, I think it's one of the most iconic and sleek modulars out there), and 1 more Parisian Restaurant.

However, I'm debating whether to get them in October for 2x VIP points, or gamble that they will have another 3x VIP points on Black Friday in November. Any thoughts on that?

I have eleven grand emporiums. Nine in the four story 96 x 64 version of the GE, one in the 'normal' version and one still in the box.

I have five town halls, three used to make a larger one and one normal and one new in the box. A few pet shops, a couple market streets, one corner cafe, four Parisian restaurants (two to make a larger version), two palace cinemas, two fire brigades, two green grocers. And, one mini modulars.

I have just started gathering modulars (so far I got Grand Emporium and Pet Shop - both still in boxes) but I am definitely planning to get second Pet Shop and 2 Parisian Restaurants. I would like to make both PS and PR a bit bigger, at the same time keeping them on their original 32x32 and 32x16 baseplates. I have limited display space :)

For Pet Shop I have planned adding 1 more floor to both buildings and fixing shop's staircase. For restaurant I have planed making the building wider (by removing the balcony).

I have one of each, but not TH or PC yet. I would LOVE to get extras for parts, but I can't even get one of all the sets I want as it stands. I do build my own modulars, though, and have five of my own designs.

I was also wondering if I would get my next modular in October or wait and see if 3x VIP happens in November.

I have one each of: Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Pet Shop. Town Hall is incoming as a birthday present from several of my family members. Considering picking up another Pet Shop because of the varied piece selection, double baseplates, and color palettes.

One of each except the Parisian Restaurant and Town Hall, but 5 Fire Brigades. Kind of wished I would have bought multiples of one of the more recent ones for MOCing, but they were well under MSRP, so I'm happy none the less :classic:

Have all of them except Market Street which i will never own because I don't like the look of it enough to justify the price tag. Don't buy multiples.

I have five more slots available in my city layout before it gets full in that area. So around 2020 I will need to decide which Modular I box as i start a rotating process. Or I get a bigger layout by then ;-)

I have 15 sets in total. All 9 sets double, except for MS, CC and GG.. those i only have once. I will purchase two of the new modular set, that is for sure....!!

I have two each of the GE, PS and PC, all of which have been used to make larger versions. GS & PC are on 48x48, each of the two PS builds are on 32x32, the brown building modified into an inside corner building.

I currently have one PR, but do intend to get another one to make it larger as well, probably also onto 48x48.

I only have one FB, no intention of getting another one.

Haven't bothered with the TH, the colours are wrong for me.

I have 2x Grand Emporium for a 5 story building, 2x Fire Brigade for a 3 story buiding and 1 each of the rest (except for Town Hall and Palace Cinema). I'm pretty happy with how my street looks for now so I've been slowly adding bits and pieces to the interiors of the buildings. I've run out of space to expand the street as well so more modulars are off the cards until next time I move.

We have one of all modulars, except the first three (Market place, Green grocers and Corner cafe), which were discontinued by the time we started; we have "bricklinked" these three together by now.

We don't buy anything for brick inventory, so we have no use for extra copies.

Edited by Withacee

Have all of them except Market Street which i will never own because I don't like the look of it enough to justify the price tag. Don't buy multiples.

Same... except I did buy an extra GG because I got one of the two highly discounted on a damaged box special at the LEGO Store. I sold the other one to someone who missed out.

I never bought MS because it just looked so ugly; now that I've collected all the others, I feel bad that I missed out, but will not spend extra for one because, really, it is ugly (IMO).

3 fire brigades, 5 grand emporiums, 3 pet shops, 2 palace cinemas, 1 town hall, 1 green grocer, 1 cafe corner, 1 parisian

2 Parisian Restaurants, 2 Grand Emporium, 2 Pet Shops, 1 Fire Brigade, 1 Town Hall, 1 Palace Cinema.

Interesting to see the more popular modulars for bulk buyers - GE and PS look most popular so far!

Edited by BricksMcgee

What's the primary appeal in multiple of the high-priced Creator Expert modulars? I have 1 each of several - but find that I'd rather spend any surplus "Lego budget" on bulk lots of bricks (for MOC's) or similar "non-duplicate" acquisitions.

I'd be curious about the reasons some folks seem to acquire multiples (aside from simply maintaining extra's NISB as investments)...

I have 2 Emporiums, 3 Fire Brigades, 1 Pet Shop, 1 Town Hall, and 1 Palace Cinema.

The ones I have multiples of, the extras are to sell once they're discontinued.

1 Blue Grocer (BLed)

2 Fire Brigades (one built, one MISB)

2 Grand Emporiums (one built, one MISB)

2 Pet Shops (one sacrificed for the Blue Grocer)

1 Town Hall

1 Palace Cinema

1 Parisian Restaurant

I plan to get MISB copies of PC, PS and PR aswell.

1 CC (bricklinked), 1 GG (bricklinked), 2 FB, 3 GE, 2 PS, 2 TH, 1 PC, 2 PR.

I like buying multiples mainly to enlarge / MOD the modulars. I also like the sets as part packs (GE for the tan bricks, PS for the sand blue) and when I see a used set for a good price, I usually try to get it. :-)

What's the primary appeal in multiple of the high-priced Creator Expert modulars? I have 1 each of several - but find that I'd rather spend any surplus "Lego budget" on bulk lots of bricks (for MOC's) or similar "non-duplicate" acquisitions.

I'd be curious about the reasons some folks seem to acquire multiples (aside from simply maintaining extra's NISB as investments)...

Two reasons for my owning roughly a dozen grand emporiums. First, I wanted a department store that looked as if it took up an entire city block. You know, the old fashioned kind. I could only see doing that by making the GE the basis of my building and expanding it to 96 x 64 and adding a story or two. Second, I'm lazy. Just easy for me to keep ordering GEs rather that using pick a brick or other sources. While I do have more than my share of unopened bags marked '1' from the GE, I also accumulated a lot of bricks and windows for MOC projects.

I have no investment interests with the GE.

Edited by Off the wall