Blakbird

[MOC REVIEW] Grove GMK6400 Mobile Crane

@nerdsforprez

thanks for your kind words, so I upload some render pictures thought it still need some tweaked

the boom total max length could reach around 150~155cm

Work in progress.... need a lot of works

For your reference

thanks and best regards

superstructure-combined_copy-1.jpg

superstructure-combined_copy-2.jpg

superstructure-combined_raise.jpg

boom-final.jpg

Edited by mitx2529

Goedemorgen, ik ben een late leerling( 71 jaar ) Parkinson patiënt, en ben de  GMK6400 aan het bouwen..

Nu heb ik een Prangende vraag, ik heb nu voor de 27ste keer het complete onderstel in elkaar gezet, alle instructies 

vlekkeloos gevolgd, en toch weer  wielen die niet draaien , tandwielen die kraken en knarsen en het slot van het liedje weer voor de 5 de keer 2 verbrande motors.

WAT DOE IK TOCH FOUT ??????????????      

1 hour ago, Wilm112 said:

Goedemorgen, ik ben een late leerling( 71 jaar ) Parkinson patiënt, en ben de  GMK6400 aan het bouwen..

Nu heb ik een Prangende vraag, ik heb nu voor de 27ste keer het complete onderstel in elkaar gezet, alle instructies 

vlekkeloos gevolgd, en toch weer  wielen die niet draaien , tandwielen die kraken en knarsen en het slot van het liedje weer voor de 5 de keer 2 verbrande motors.

Hoi ik ben ook Nederlands. Schrijf je bericht in het Engels want de meeste mensen hier komen uit andere landen en spreken geen Nederlands . Je kan bijvoorbeeld Google Translate gebruiken.

6 hours ago, Wilm112 said:

Most likely the differentials of subsequent axles that are not facing opposite directions?

6 hours ago, Wilm112 said:

Goedemorgen,

Hello and welcome to EB.
As others said, please use English.

Sorry for the inconvenience, will try to write in English, Good morning, I am a late learner (71 years old) Parkinson's patient, and am building the GMK6400.. Now I have a pressing question, I now have it for the 27th time complete chassis assembled, all instructions followed flawlessly, and yet again wheels that do not turn, gears that creak and creak and the lock of the weather for the 5th time 2 burned engines. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ????????????????

@Wilm112 

As @emielroumen already stated: check the differentials. The big driving rings should alternate between the sides, like this: —__—__— , so you have the driving ring swapped each time. Btw, it would help if you could upload a picture?

Edited by Rebel_Lego

Lego.jpg.65b1537f61ac06f6296b2a46bf5f2d76.jpgHeel erg bedankt voor de reacties, maar gezien de leeftijd en Parkinson, en helemaal niet opgroeien met Lego, staan Technic, hoop ik dat jullie begrijpen dat ik er niets van begrijp, ik heb de bouwinstructies precies gevolgd, dan heb ik ga ervan uit dat alles op de goede plek staat.

Edited by Wilm112

I see on the far most left and the middle axle the small tan gears both on the left, but on the right axle it is on the right. Not sure if it is correct according to the building instructions, but to me it seems that this isn’t right, so maybe try swapping those?

and btw, use english, much more people will try to help you I think (not to offend you or anything) and I totally understand that it is difficult to pick up Lego at you’re age, but no worries, if I can help, I will try to, and I’m sure a lot more people here on EB will.

15 hours ago, Wilm112 said:

Heel erg bedankt voor de reacties, maar gezien de leeftijd en Parkinson, en helemaal niet opgroeien met Lego, staan Technic, hoop ik dat jullie begrijpen dat ik er niets van begrijp, ik heb de bouwinstructies precies gevolgd, dan heb ik ga ervan uit dat alles op de goede plek staat.

I just sent you @Wilm112 a direct message (check your inbox here @ Eurobricks). Will try to provide help using direct email in dutch.

Edited by emielroumen

17 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

I see on the far most left and the middle axle the small tan gears both on the left, but on the right axle it is on the right. Not sure if it is correct according to the building instructions, but to me it seems that this isn’t right, so maybe try swapping those?

and btw, use english, much more people will try to help you I think (not to offend you or anything) and I totally understand that it is difficult to pick up Lego at you’re age, but no worries, if I can help, I will try to, and I’m sure a lot more people here on EB will.

3 hours ago, emielroumen said:

I just sent you @Wilm112 a direct message (check your inbox here @ Eurobricks). Will try to provide help using direct email in dutch.

Awesome job guys.  This is really great - what a way to step up.  

@Wilm112 - and kudos to you too.... trying to tackle this project at 71 with PD I can only imagine this is quite a feat.  I hope you get the help you are looking for and your problems solved.  

Hello,
I have download the mpd file for the superstructure with the Actuonix/Firgelli actuator.
But I didn't find the correct dat file for the linear actuator in the part tracker tool of ldraw. In the mpd file the missing dat file is named fla100c02.dat.
Did someone know where I could find the file? 

Ok, got it. Found the LDraw model file by Philo here https://www.actuonix.com/datasheets

Edited by Ganesha

Beautiful MOC, both the bodywork and the technical layout! 

I got into Lego technic last year with the 42108 crane. so really happy to see a much bigger and more functional MOC.

Edited by Voldemort87

On 11/24/2019 at 11:28 AM, efferman said:

Have put my xl Actuator in stud.io and combined it with the gmk 6400

https://bricksafe.com/files/efferman/stud.io-parts/komplett mit xl aktuator.io

49115070092_8603b6c39c_c.jpg

Looks good. I've came across the MKIII for sale on Aliexpress. They're emailing me their instructions so I can check it's the correct chassis build before buying. It looks to have a large custom lego built actuator on the boom (for now). I'm also going get it in green and not yellow, just to be different. I recently finished a YC22003 happy build crane but it has design niggles. I want something that works!. 

9 hours ago, Dazp1976 said:

Looks good. I've came across the MKIII for sale on Aliexpress. They're emailing me their instructions so I can check it's the correct chassis build before buying. It looks to have a large custom lego built actuator on the boom (for now). I'm also going get it in green and not yellow, just to be different. I recently finished a YC22003 happy build crane but it has design niggles. I want something that works!. 

Can you share what you found on aliexpress?

On 2/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, Dazp1976 said:

This is the one below. 

It's made with the Chinese knock off bricks, not official lego. 

I have no complaints so far regards brick quality on the models I already have. 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005005206641920.html?

Built mine but.... It runs like a stuffed pig!. M'eh!. The actuator skips like mad trying to lift the boom from bottom most. And the wheel motors just seem to have low power (even with new batteries). Burned out one of the small gears in the top of the boom extension mechanism too. At least I got the wire right on the inner boom, I suppose that's a win. 

On 3/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Good to know and keep the discussion alive on non-Lego brands.  Some non-Lego brands are fine, some are not   

Well. The brick quality is fine. No problems there. Having 3*XL motors on the drive just seems to make the batteries dump!. Even my lithium based control set. The AA reciever just shuts down or the lithium box cuts off. The way the lego actuator is designed it feels there's a lack of support on the non motor side. Makes it twist a bit so just have to give it all a squeeze together first and it lifts without skips. Crane does look smart though, I'll give it that. I'm going to rebuild it with a few tweeks and less rushed, and try using just 2*XL. 1 on front 3 and 1 on rear 2 axles. 

My other large 4 axle crane is heavier and ran really nice with only 2 XL but Mrs said it was too big!. (A bit wide tbf). 

Edited by Dazp1976

Im planning to build this model, however i have few questions. For carrier i go with the non-suspended version, superstructure version not decided.

1) For drivetrain, would it be better to use the new differentials to get more torque? Power source will most likely be Buwizz 2.

2) As it has different steering angles, does crab steering actually work or is it waste of servo motor?

3) The double turntable; can i use the 60t versions without too much modification?

4) Does it work good with new XL linear actuators?

5) Can it lift atleast full 33cl can of beer?

On 4/4/2023 at 10:42 PM, Dazp1976 said:

Well. The brick quality is fine. No problems there. Having 3*XL motors on the drive just seems to make the batteries dump!. Even my lithium based control set. The AA reciever just shuts down or the lithium box cuts off. The way the lego actuator is designed it feels there's a lack of support on the non motor side. Makes it twist a bit so just have to give it all a squeeze together first and it lifts without skips. Crane does look smart though, I'll give it that. I'm going to rebuild it with a few tweeks and less rushed, and try using just 2*XL. 1 on front 3 and 1 on rear 2 axles. 

My other large 4 axle crane is heavier and ran really nice with only 2 XL but Mrs said it was too big!. (A bit wide tbf). 

Turned out... Faulty extension leads broke reciever and some motors. Fixed that and it works just as good with 2XL motors in driving configuration, front 2 and rear 4 axles.

Had issue with engine jamming. Putting part 15100 either side of the black 12T gear (connected into the grey part 64719) stopped gear spreading out and sliding sideways. 

Slightly changed the gearing configuration of the boom extension, and installed a retract wire. 

Now I just need to sort out the counterweight. 

Bought a Mould king control set with controller and 2 lithium reciever boxes. Has a lot more grunt. 

Edited by Dazp1976