Ideas success is not about surprise. It's pretty random. So please continue with making WIP topics of your work.

But I agree it has a little chance. But it's another topic that was discussed on the forums a few days ago.

Regardless if it's another topic, we should mention it whenever it's possible. Lipko is right, forget about Lego Ideas.

I only recall the 599 GTB and Enzo: beautifully designed and surprisingly authentic "face" of the car, but for display only. No suspension, no gearbox... I know they weren't released as Technic but rather within the Racers theme. But think of a car like your F40 passing all phases in Ideas, only to be dismembered (do not google that!, use a dictionary) by marketing- and/or budget restraints. Don't you then feel stupid, when your neighbour buys "your" model, and you want to explain him "that the car was originally much more interesting, with that function, and this interior, and..." ?

On topic: a WIP is good for the community, because it helps gaining own ideas, discussing about them, and learning to understand the process of a good MOC.

Regardless if it's another topic, we should mention it whenever it's possible. Lipko is right, forget about Lego Ideas.

I only recall the 599 GTB and Enzo: beautifully designed and surprisingly authentic "face" of the car, but for display only. No suspension, no gearbox... I know they weren't released as Technic but rather within the Racers theme. But think of a car like your F40 passing all phases in Ideas, only to be dismembered (do not google that!, use a dictionary) by marketing- and/or budget restraints. Don't you then feel stupid, when your neighbour buys "your" model, and you want to explain him "that the car was originally much more interesting, with that function, and this interior, and..." ?

On topic: a WIP is good for the community, because it helps gaining own ideas, discussing about them, and learning to understand the process of a good MOC.

To repeat myself, the problem is not with the review. The problem is that only one Technic model ever made it to the 10.000 votes. What I mean by success and randomness is getting that 10.000 votes. I wouldn't care much if my models would be rejected at the review state, because I would be more that happy to get 10.000 votes.

That's a good mindset. Gaining interest and views is understandable too, a little honour encourages to moc and mod further :classic:.

But: Lego Ideas isn't a hall of fame. Please remember that. Youtube, Flickr, Brickshelf etc. fulfill that purpose.

And hood, I think the car is complete but disassembled :thumbup: my LDD is not good enough for it. The hood is the one on photos but I will build with LDD the first one too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7relcgtfuufjuyo/Cap%C3%B3.lxf?dl=0

I like to do WIP topics of my MOCs because I would like to see the same in others, you learn a lot watching the process more than watching a few pics on a MOC surprise, everything changes if the MOC has instructions :laugh: .

Today is the disassembling day good bye F40, we will see that my imagination brings us the next time :wink: , thank you for all nice comments.

Very, very nice! Nice touch with those yellow bricks standing for the logos :D

Thank you.

At last I did the video, nothing new but it is a proof that my f40 existed :cry_sad: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

It's fantastic!! OK, the fact that the F40 is my favourite car (in pair with the 288 GTO), maybe, make me lose a bit of clarity in judging...but it's absolutely fantastic!!

Just one question...do you think that it is possible to fill the gap over the front wheel?

IJust one question...do you think that it is possible to fill the gap over the front wheel?

The real F40 has little space between the wheel and the hood, in my opinion can be done but the wheel won´t have suspension at all and I prefer functionality to aesthetics, in fact I like heavy machinery more than cars :laugh: , thank you for your nice words.

hi there i have been admiring your amazing model and was wondering when will the instructions be available so i can add it with the f1 car.599 gtb.enzo and 458 models i have.

hi there i have been admiring your amazing model and was wondering when will the instructions be available so i can add it with the f1 car.599 gtb.enzo and 458 models i have.

The LDD instructions are in my brickshelf page, they are primitive but good enough to build the entire MOC, I don´t know if I have used more pieces that you have, I only know that the model uses the 8448 steering hubs, thank you for your nice words.

First of all sorry for reopen an old thread but I have good news, I have 1000 supporters in Lego ideas and I think I have to celebrate it by doing the Ferrari F40 RC instructions in appreciation of those 1000, thank you all.

Congratulations Jorgeopesi, Any chance of them being a PDF, for those of us that don't have digital designer?.

Edited by technicfan

Congratulations Jorgeopesi, Any chance of them being a PDF, for those of us that don't have digital designer?.

I am still bad doing instructions sorry...

Oops. I totally forgot I started to work on an LDraw file a month or two ago. :look:

Thanks for reminding me, Jorgeopesi :grin:

1002 now... :thumbup:

Thank you GREG998 :thumbup: , good luck with your fantastic cars.

Oops. I totally forgot I started to work on an LDraw file a month or two ago. :look:

Thanks for reminding me, Jorgeopesi :grin:

It would be fantastic to see something like that :blush: .

Hello,

I also tried to convert your ldd files into mlcad files referring your pictures:

This is my current results:

640x293.jpg

640x293.jpg

640x293.jpg

640x293.jpg

640x293.jpg

640x293.jpg

800x450.jpg

Thank you for creation this legendary car in Lego Technic! I succeeded to build it (thanks to Thorsten50 for clear instruction in PDF) but I have made several little changes))

I have improved headlights and side mirrors for bigger compliance to prototype so I have to modified some Hose Soft Axle :)

p.s. as red 32126 is very hard to find I used red 32013 for modification.

1280x983.jpg1280x734.jpg1280x667.jpg1280x960.jpg1280x948.jpg1280x544.jpg

Edited by Korden