Hello, Is it possible to share the tuto and the parts list to built this, please? Because the MOC is deleted...

I'm French and I would do a special gift for a friend with health problems...

Thanks a lot :)

2 hours ago, FrenchyBen said:

Hello, Is it possible to share the tuto and the parts list to built this, please? Because the MOC is deleted...

I'm French and I would do a special gift for a friend with health problems...

Thanks a lot :)

I will try something tonigjt and we will see if we can get something.

@FrenchyBen

I built this F40 a couple of years ago - absolutely love it. I still have a PDF copy of the original instructions by Thorsten, which includes a parts list at the back. It is too large to upload here but there may be another way I can send you it? I also swapped out a few of the most expensive parts for cheaper alternatives, to make it more affordable to build without really compromising the overall look. Mainly some of the red toggle joints and rare soft axles. I can let you know exactly which parts if you're interested.

@jorgeopesi

Really looking forward to seeing your updated version. Keep up the good work!

556309427_IMG_9439orig.jpg.f6254ffd29302a0abe94bafccb51219f.jpg

51 minutes ago, ChrisMonty said:

@FrenchyBen

@jorgeopesi

Really looking forward to seeing your updated version. Keep up the good work!

Really nice pic, in fact everybody take better pics than me, all my MOCs looks better in another hands :laugh: . I hope to finish the updated version soon but I am back to draw again and I go to the gym today again too so I will be very busy some time.

Great news, I will wait for the updated version. F40 is the greatest car ever made in my view :)

On 6/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, ChrisMonty said:

@FrenchyBen

I built this F40 a couple of years ago - absolutely love it. I still have a PDF copy of the original instructions by Thorsten, which includes a parts list at the back. It is too large to upload here but there may be another way I can send you it? I also swapped out a few of the most expensive parts for cheaper alternatives, to make it more affordable to build without really compromising the overall look. Mainly some of the red toggle joints and rare soft axles. I can let you know exactly which parts if you're interested.

>> YES of course !!! You can mail me at benoitciteau@gmail.com

Thanks a lot !

On 6/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, ChrisMonty said:

Hello everyone!

If it´s possible, please mail me the instructions on wigwam@gmx.at

I´ve built the F40 years ago and couldn´t find the instruction anymore.

Thanks a lot ;-)

Hi everyone , I'm new... OK enough of the introduction ?

I can't wait to see LM wersion!!! 

I've downloaded instructions but can't recognise some of the bits (haven't played with lego for more than a decade ) and rebrickable comparing feature dont work as I can't find F40 MOC... does anyone have part list with brick part numbers or names ?

I believe that 8070 and 42082 sets are a good donors for this MOC , correct?

12 hours ago, Gearbox said:

I've downloaded instructions but can't recognise some of the bits (haven't played with lego for more than a decade ) and rebrickable comparing feature dont work as I can't find F40 MOC... does anyone have part list with brick part numbers or names ?

I suggest using brickowl instead of bricklink since it's much easier to navigate and use. Not to mention some sellers give better prices than bricklink does. 

15 hours ago, Mane said:

Hey

Is there any chance to make this car in 1:8 scale?

Of course everybody can do it, I preffer the 1:10 scale because I do not like huge MOCs.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, Gearbox said:

You would need a lot of flex axles. The new version is  half in my mind, I am seriously thinking about eliminate the suspension, I think it will improve the presence a lot, ackerman steering, fake engine and nice body is what people like, and cars are not my strong.

Hi there,

Being a great fan of the F40, I would like to build this MOC, and so I have started a part list on Brickable. Alas, about halfway of this work, I checked just a few of the parts in the inventory at the end of the instruction set and noticed 2 errors (one unit lacking in the count) : #32186 and 31794 to be precise. Thus, I think that if I share this part list, we should have it checked thoroughly before considering viable for buying and assembly.

@jorgeopesi : would you have some part list in CSV or even Excel that could help us with this ? Otherwise, it will be a tedious work to re-count all the parts page by page...

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

I have the LDD archive, the PDF made from this with some changes by Thorsten but I am doing it again much better always in my opinion :laugh: . This one has not gearbox because I want it easy to do but it already has better suspension, ackerman steering without the ugly old system, it is more modular and I will only remove some aesthetic parts I did not like, the roof, the rear spoiler and a little the bonnet, more based on the competizione version with round lights in the front.

1 hour ago, fingon said:

Wow! Would love to see & make it! Pls keep us updated!

As proof that I am working on it two pics of today. Front and rear axles can be removed by extracting only 6 pieces, the fake engine is more in scale, it has ackerman steering and I am trying to put HOG steering too, it will be changes in the roof and bonnet because I never liked them, I eliminated the gearbox and the suspensions are much better, I hope you like the car again.

qgXUXCy.jpg?1

6qbExI0.jpg?1

I want just a easy car to build in the style of the lego ferrari racers, I will try to use the less pieces I can, so the design could change, of course it will not be a full cover bodywork car it is not my style.

While I do think removing the gearbox is a big loss I can understand why you did it. The scale is rather small.

I still working in the new version but my perfectionism take a long time, I wish it will be enough good, we will see...