Mike S

Aslanic Temple in Shadowmere

The Aslanic Temple built in Shadowmere was quite small. In fact unlike the other temples where the priest's living quarters were quite smaller than the temple itself, the opposite was true here. The Temple was little more than a shrine, while Brother Able's residence was quite spacious in comparison. Brother Able, who also was unlike the other priests himself as he was an Inquisitor, did not expect to have a large following in a place largely inhabited by the dead. But since he had experience with both life and death, Bishop Jamon had sent him to Shadowmere to lend whatever assistance he could to Lord Vladivus and his people. Masa himself made an appearance a short time after the Temple was built and he met with Lord Vladivus to discuss common ground in dealing with the Black Spire.

14930929140_d7d6701453_c.jpg

14930242827_3cbecd6b3c_c.jpg

14930230998_95454a0831_c.jpg

15116789605_fbd3fc7d71_c.jpg

14930221967_3cc7f91f72_c.jpg

This build actually gave me quite a bit of trouble. I had big plans and then realized that I had next to no black pieces available. The stairs are made up of the black 4x4 plates from Kingdoms chess board. The rest are nearly all the black pieces that I had left. I hate leaving studs so the "naked" black plates left me perplexed for quite a while as I could only find one black 1x2 tile and a couple of other sizes but nothing that would nearly cover everything. So I had to settle for the dark trans tiles...

Edited by Mike S

Very nice! I love the ,Kali temple in Nocty grounds, and the giant Venus Fly Trap(Feed me Seymour!) looks great!

I see you used the elements from the previous temple for this one. I like the use of transaprent tiles on pathways, they look covered with ice.

It's awesome, and I love the huge venus fly trap as well. I'm just not a fan on the contrasting colors, like the white and green, it looks weird. But other than that, it looks very Nocturnus. :wink:

Excellent idea Mike, very nicely realised. I'm a huge fan of the trans clear on black steps. You have done a great job of transporting the Aslanic vibe onto forbidding surroundings. I kind of agree with Behemoth on the green. It does look Nocty, but it's a bit bright for the red roof. I wonder if you substituted the red/black flower from the Breez set and dark tan palms, would it have a different flavour? But that's a minor point, I really love this.

Very nice! I love the ,Kali temple in Nocty grounds, and the giant Venus Fly Trap(Feed me Seymour!) looks great!

Thanks man!

I see you used the elements from the previous temple for this one. I like the use of transaprent tiles on pathways, they look covered with ice.

Thanks! I wanted to use black but I actually could only find one black tile.

Awesome use of the cocoon pieces! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks!

It's awesome, and I love the huge venus fly trap as well. I'm just not a fan on the contrasting colors, like the white and green, it looks weird. But other than that, it looks very Nocturnus. :wink:

Excellent idea Mike, very nicely realised. I'm a huge fan of the trans clear on black steps. You have done a great job of transporting the Aslanic vibe onto forbidding surroundings. I kind of agree with Behemoth on the green. It does look Nocty, but it's a bit bright for the red roof. I wonder if you substituted the red/black flower from the Breez set and dark tan palms, would it have a different flavour? But that's a minor point, I really love this.

Thanks guys! I'm sure red would have looked better but unfortunately I don't have any other colors except green and I needed something to spice up the color besides red and black.

Damn, that's awesome Mike! I love the floor- it looks highly polished and the style of those stairs is awesome. Great use of a limited number of black parts! I'm finding I have similar problems. I for one quite like the green Venus fly trap. Really cool how well the temple/shrine works with Shadowmere's architecture. I'll probably locate it near Vladivus' central tower as that is surrounded by lava. Am I alright to use this for HSS?

Must be one of my favourite builds from you!!! Really like brother Able's house, the black stairs and above all those big plants at bottom!!! Awesome moc!

This is just awesome. I like the green too as it stands out and draws the eye. I also like the consistency of the architecture from place to place.

Damn, that's awesome Mike! I love the floor- it looks highly polished and the style of those stairs is awesome. Great use of a limited number of black parts! I'm finding I have similar problems. I for one quite like the green Venus fly trap. Really cool how well the temple/shrine works with Shadowmere's architecture. I'll probably locate it near Vladivus' central tower as that is surrounded by lava. Am I alright to use this for HSS?

Thanks! Of course you can use it for HSS!

Must be one of my favourite builds from you!!! Really like brother Able's house, the black stairs and above all those big plants at bottom!!! Awesome moc!

Thank you!

Even with your problem with the black pieces it still came across as if it was intentional :) I really like it :)

Glad you like it!

This is just awesome. I like the green too as it stands out and draws the eye. I also like the consistency of the architecture from place to place.

Thank you!

Excellent blend of styles! I like the transparent tiles, adds to the eery atmosphere :classic:

Creepy, but awesome!

It is good to see that the Aslanic faith can shine a little light on the dark, barbaric Nocturnians.... :tongue: (Pweeeeeeease don't kill me @_@)

Very good moc, the staircase design is certainly eye-catching and innovative, and I like the lighter hue you gave the lava :thumbup:

Nice idea using the trans tiles!! I know the feeling of "Owow, how should I cover these studs here?" :D

The white temple is a nice landmark in the dark Shadowmere for sure :D Also very nice flesh eating plants!

Another awesome temple build Mike, I like the contrast between the darkness of Shadowmere and the the clean, pure look to the Aslanic Temple. Neat design too for the red-roofed building, looks very exotic and Far Eastern. Nice layout with the stairs and I think the trans tiles really work well as like lava glass, and they even give off a kinda shadowy vibe which works perfect in this scene! I have to admit I'm not sure why you have three baseplates stacked on top of one another (the blue is a little distracting) but the red does a good job at depicting the lava. I would suggest maybe a few smaller rock formations to help break up the pattern of the lava, but otherwise this is a really awesome and unique build!

Nice build! I like the way the transparent plates aid the transition from stark white to harsh black. I wonder what the undead a perspective is on afterlife? I mean, they are in the equivalent of hell.

Nice build! I like the way the transparent plates aid the transition from stark white to harsh black. I wonder what the undead a perspective is on afterlife? I mean, they are in the equivalent of hell.

Not really hell- I'd have the Undeadunion clamouring for undead rights otherwise. Pretty sure hell is tights anyway.

I lie it! Seems very rickety though!

Thanks! It actually is quite sturdy other than the base plates.

Excellent blend of styles! I like the transparent tiles, adds to the eery atmosphere :classic:

Thanks!

Wonderful way of depicting volcanic glass. Are those trans-black tiles?

Thanks you and yes they are.

Creepy, but awesome!

It is good to see that the Aslanic faith can shine a little light on the dark, barbaric Nocturnians.... :tongue: (Pweeeeeeease don't kill me @_@)

Thanks! As always, the Aslanic faith was invited here, so these Nocturnians can't be that barbaric... :wink:

Very good moc, the staircase design is certainly eye-catching and innovative, and I like the lighter hue you gave the lava :thumbup:

Thanks! I've got this thing against "naked" baseplates so had to cover them up somehow...

The trans tiles look great. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Nice idea using the trans tiles!! I know the feeling of "Owow, how should I cover these studs here?" :D

The white temple is a nice landmark in the dark Shadowmere for sure :D Also very nice flesh eating plants!

Thank you!

Another awesome temple build Mike, I like the contrast between the darkness of Shadowmere and the the clean, pure look to the Aslanic Temple. Neat design too for the red-roofed building, looks very exotic and Far Eastern. Nice layout with the stairs and I think the trans tiles really work well as like lava glass, and they even give off a kinda shadowy vibe which works perfect in this scene! I have to admit I'm not sure why you have three baseplates stacked on top of one another (the blue is a little distracting) but the red does a good job at depicting the lava. I would suggest maybe a few smaller rock formations to help break up the pattern of the lava, but otherwise this is a really awesome and unique build!

Thanks! The blue baseplates are not really part of the build but used to transport it to the place where I photograph. The orange baseplates are four 16x16's with only a couple 1x2 trans clear plates holding them together so they separate easy if I pick the build up. As I didn't have much time, I didn't remove them when I took the photo as I would have had to replace them to take the build back to the house.

Thanks! I think undead are already in afterlife! :laugh:

I like the lava base and those stairs give a very unique look :thumbup: Excellent use of those black technic pieces as well :classic: