Robert8

LEGO Minifigures licensed series

Best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far?

• The Simpsons Series 1
    • The Simpsons Series 2
    • Disney
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 1
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 1
    • Disney Series 2
    • DC Comics Series
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 2

Seeing this thread now,iIt's funny to see how some of us called the Scooby-Doo theme :laugh:

Why? I think it doesn't work too much due to that the series might have to include some monsters which are not classic enough. Since LEGO has done with a regular theme, an additional CMF series may not help too much and might even conflict with regular series 14.

Well the possibilities aren't endless (there is only 3 movies and a good amount of video games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Back_to_the_Future_video_games :grin:) I would also love a BTTF MF series.

But I do think King Pixels is right, it wouldn't be super popular.

But if they did do a series, I'd love to see these in the 16 figures:

Marty/Marty Jr (2015)

Marty (western)

Doc (2015)

Doc (western)

Biff Tannen (1955)

Griff Tannen

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen

George McFly (1955)

Lorraine Baines (1955)

Jennifer Parker (1985)

Clara Clayton Brown

Marvin Berry

I dunno for the last four.

There are plenty of other options here - the various members of the various Tannen gangs, different versions of Strickland, different versions of Marty's siblings, different versions of Goldie...

When will we find out about this round of Ideas?! Maybe Friday?

A fine question. According to the video posted when they announced Birds and The Big Bang Theory had passed review (and the two projects based on Doctor Who were still being considered), they were supposed to announce the results of the next review before the end of January, but it didn't happen.

I'd like to think it's because they really want to do Doctor Who, and had anticipated being able to announce it by then, but have encountered difficulties in coming to terms with the BBC, and it's taking longer than expected, but will ultimately still happen. I'm not an insider or anything; this is just what I hope is the case, and think might be.

I would really like them to add some super heroes to the cmf lines, especially hydra agents, or league of shadows army builders!

I saw yesterday that they have released an army builder star wars set for driods. 75086.

Marvel Series.

Split over 2 series.

Series 1.

1-6: Avengers.

1: Bruce Banner.

2: Steve Rodgers.

3: Coulson.

4: Comic Hawkeye.

5: Wolverine (DOFP Jacket)

6: Another Iron Man.

7-12: Spidey's world.

7: Kraven.

8: Mysterio.

9: Lizard.

10: Peter Parker.

11: Aunt May.

12: Black Cat.

13-16: Army Builders.

13: HYDRA agent.

14: S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

15: AIM agent.

16: Doombot.

Series 2

1-10: X-Men.

1: Beast.

2: Rogue.

3: Gambit.

4: Nightcrawler.

5: Proffesor X.

6: Juggernaut.

7: Blob.

8: Mr Sinister.

9: Sabertooth.

10: Mystique.

11-14: Defenders.

11: Doctor Strange.

12: Iron Fist (White).

13: Power Man (Comic).

14: Spider-Woman.

15-16: Army Builders.

15: Generic Soldier.

16: Skrull Warrior (Comic).

Star Wars and Superheroes are the two big ones. There's so many great characters they can give us that are unlikely to appear in sets anytime soon. Shame its unlikely to happen because of Hasbro.

Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones are two others I'd like to see since there's still quite a few important characters missing from both themes.

I'm not that keen on a Jurassic Park series though. I think getting the characters in actual sets would be more appealling than getting them on their own.

Random dinosaurs would be cool... Although damn easy to feel for, but let's face it, you aint out to get them as collectable, just army builder

Star Wars would probably be very army builder, because we know that storm/snow/scout/clone troopers will be vast.

SuperHeroes, I think that this could potentially work, but would they be Marvel, or DC, or both? I think that there is great potential for them to fill the JLA with this method, especially the lesser players like elongated man and maybe some of the Lanterns via this model.

Would also be good to pump out some rogues in both universes, I still want a Vulture, Scorpion, and a Klaw. Could also get Captain Boomerang and Merlin.

LOTR would also give the chance for some amy building, orc orcs ORCS!!. Now that they have stopped the sets, this could potentially give you a chance to get some figures they no longer make AND throw in some randoms.

Same arguement for Harry Potter.

Edited by Krikkit

But if they did do a series, I'd love to see these in the 16 figures:

Marty/Marty Jr (2015)

Marty (western)

Doc (2015)

Doc (western)

Biff Tannen (1955)

Griff Tannen

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen

George McFly (1955)

Lorraine Baines (1955)

Jennifer Parker (1985)

Clara Clayton Brown

Marvin Berry

The problem with this is that, if they're not visually recognized enough, kids who don't watch this show would just consider them as flesh version of ordinary town minifigure pack.

HP and LotR are easier cause they can include some fantasy characters or army builders that kids would also like.

Edited by Dorayaki

How about Jurassic Park franchise? If they do, it will be based on the first three films of Jurassic Park if they never got any sets.

1. Alan Grant

2. Ian Malcolm

3. Ellie Sattler

4. John Hammond

5. Amanda Kirby

6. Robert Muldoon

7. Sarah Harding

8. Lex Murphy

9. Tim Murphy

10. Dennis Nedry

11. Billy Brennan

12. Eric Kirby

13. Donald Gennaro

14. Ray Arnold

15. Nick Van Owen

How about Disney Pixar?

1. Mike

2. Sulley

3. Bob

4. Violet

5. Remy

6. Flik

7. Wall-E

8. Riley

9. Carl

10. Russell

11. Nemo

12. Dory

13. Wreck-It Ralph

14. Vanellope

15. Baymax

16. Hiro

How about Jurassic Park franchise? If they do, it will be based on the first three films of Jurassic Park if they never got any sets.

Well, as mentioned, normal human characters could lead to pure flesh minifigure army in a wrong direction. Unless any of them could bring an exclusive dino hunting weapon.

How about Disney Pixar?

13. Wreck-It Ralph

First, wrong classification. Though it's an appealing list, large action figure and mascot molds don't fit in this topic. This idea better accompanies with regular sets.

The Up house could be a good Ideas project, though the balloons have technical problems

Yeah, to me Wreck-It Ralph is Pixar and Brave is Disney. And even so, a Disney / Pixar series would be an option for me as well. Even better but not going to happen because of the Disney Princess dolls.

And a Hagrid sized figure could work i believe.

I would love to see an Marvel and DC collectible minifigures series, sense there are a lot of character and costume, that would be unlikely for us to see them all in sets before Lego Marvel and DC ends.

Yeah, to me Wreck-It Ralph is Pixar and Brave is Disney.

Huh? How so? All Pixar features are Disney ones, but the reverse isn't the case of course, and Wreck-It Ralph isn't a Pixar movie (while Brave is)...

who is riley?

baymax and hiro are both disney, not pixar and i think baymax would be hard to pull off. given his size i think he would come off looking like comic book guy... massive head, standard minifig body with printed large-belly line.

but yes, a line i would love love love to see come to life, well and truly.

Huh? How so? All Pixar features are Disney ones, but the reverse isn't the case of course, and Wreck-It Ralph isn't a Pixar movie (while Brave is)...

Well I think he was just making a metaphor. Tehcnically, if Disney CMF is going to happen, it may include Pixar characters like Infinity series toys do.

I would love to see an Marvel and DC collectible minifigures series, sense there are a lot of character and costume, that would be unlikely for us to see them all in sets before Lego Marvel and DC ends.

True. It feels like LEGO and the companies keep themselves from giving all characters in blind bags so that they could benefit from large regular sets. However, I think there is a range of key/classic characters that regular sets would never cover but CMF series could.

baymax and hiro are both disney, not pixar.

More accurately, Marvel is part of it, which made me believed that it was a very possible LEGO license.

I suspect if we get another licensed minifig series it would be Dr Who. It is a new license which might be been written to include the possibility.

LEGO Dimensions is going to mess up any licensed series for a little while. Why get the license for a CMF when LEGO could sell the same figures as part of a video game which would capture children's attention for longer?

Marvel Series.

Split over 2 series.

Series 1.

1-6: Avengers.

1: Bruce Banner.

2: Steve Rodgers.

3: Coulson.

4: Comic Hawkeye.

5: Wolverine (DOFP Jacket)

6: Another Iron Man.

7-12: Spidey's world.

7: Kraven.

8: Mysterio.

9: Lizard.

10: Peter Parker.

11: Aunt May.

12: Black Cat.

13-16: Army Builders.

13: HYDRA agent.

14: S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

15: AIM agent.

16: Doombot.

Series 2

1-10: X-Men.

1: Beast.

2: Rogue.

3: Gambit.

4: Nightcrawler.

5: Proffesor X.

6: Juggernaut.

7: Blob.

8: Mr Sinister.

9: Sabertooth.

10: Mystique.

11-14: Defenders.

11: Doctor Strange.

12: Iron Fist (White).

13: Power Man (Comic).

14: Spider-Woman.

15-16: Army Builders.

15: Generic Soldier.

16: Skrull Warrior (Comic).

Your list does not contain Ghost Rider, I am disappointed in you. Throw in Ghost Rider and I would love to have a Marvel minifig series! Who am I kidding, I would like one anyway but I love all things Ghost Rider and I MUST have an official Ghost Rider minifig someday.

Edited by ToaDraco

I for one would love an Archie Comics deal. It can appeal to not only the young crowd but also to the adult crowd who find Archie Comics universe (including Josie And The Pussycats and Sabrina The Teenage Witch) as nostalgic. Not only that but most of the elements already available would help create the characters without having to do any moldings (except for maybe Jughead's hat).

01. Archie

02. Betty

03. Veronica

04. Jughead

05. Reggie

06. Moose

07. Midge

08. Dilton

09. Cheryl

10. Kevin

11. Ginger

12. Sabrina (Sabrina The Teenage Witch)

13. Harvey (Sabrina The Teenage Witch)

14. Melody (Josie And The Pussycats)

15. Valerie (Josie And The Pussycats)

16. Josie (Josie And The Pussycats)

P.S. I dont get the whole craze about Dr. Who, but maybe thats cause I have zero interest in it like with Star Wars.

I'm not sure if these have been suggested on this topic before, but three licensed franchises that I think could make for some great CMS lines would be for Warner Brother's Looney Tunes, the Hanna Barbera franchise, and Universal Classic Monsters.

Oh I had no idea this thread existed! My best idea for a plausible CMF series is Gravity Falls. I’d love to see TLG tackle the series, despite that it ended almost two years ago. 

1. Dipper (pine tree hat) with Journal #3 — new hair/hat mold
  2. Mabel (shooting star sweater) with Grappling Hook — new hair mold
  3. Stan (suit) with money and cane — new hair/hat mold
  4. Soos with Stan bobblehead  — bobblehead is printed on trophy piece
  5. Wendy with axe — new hat/hair mold
  6. Stanford with Bill — new hair mold and new Bill mold that has clip on back that attaches to a transparent rod
  7. Gideon with Journal #2 — new hair mold
  8. Pacifica with Pitt Cola and golf club — new hair mold
  9. Candy with board game — board game is a printed 2x3 tile on top of a 2x3 plate
  10. Grenda with Boyz Crazy poster — poster is 2x3 printed tile
  11. Robbie with guitar and CD
  12. McGucket with Society of the Blind Eye Gun — new hat/beard and gun molds
  13. Schmebulock with Gompers 
  14. Dipper (original hat) with Who is the Author? board — board is a printed 2x3 tile
  15. Mabel (Llama sweater and Smile Dip face print) with Waddles — new Waddles mold
  16. Stan (tank top and boxers) with Journal #1

The journals are the same as the Nexo Knights books and when opened can make the picture of the portal in the basement.