Robert8

LEGO Minifigures licensed series

Best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far?

• The Simpsons Series 1
    • The Simpsons Series 2
    • Disney
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 1
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 1
    • Disney Series 2
    • DC Comics Series
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 2

50 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

An Indiana Jones Collectable Minifigure series? :excited:

Oh yeah, that would be seriously awesome, and considering all the characters that didn't have a chance to be caricatured as minifigures the first time around... :thumbup: :smug:

And repeats of the ones that did. It's been a long time since the original sets.

Just now, MAB said:

And repeats of the ones that did. It's been a long time since the original sets.

Certainly! A lot of them could definitely use some upgraded parts, prints, and dual molding!

I’m sure we will get something for Indiana Jones in 2020 when the movie comes out. If there was a minifigure series it would probably be the April series that year 

Slovak politicians minifigure series:

1. Milan Kňažko
  2. Vladimír Mečiar
  3. Eduard Kukan
  4. Ivan Gašparovič
  5. Ján Slota
  6. Róbert Fico
  7. Róbert Kaliňák
  8. Marek Maďarič
  9. Pavol Paška
  10. Iveta Radičová
  11. Mikuláš Dzurinda
  12. Igor Matovič
  13. Peter Pellegrini
  14. Bélla Bugár
  15. Richard Sulík
  16. Milan Kňažko
  17. Andrej Kiska
  18. Andrej Danko
  19. Lucia Žitňanská
  20. Ľubomír Galko

I saw that this morning. I'd want the Spongebob stuff, as well as stuff from that first few years of shows, but the post '97 stuff would be easy to pass on. I imagine younger collectors would feel likewise about the older stuff. I think three characters for some of the shows was excessive, and some of the accessory choices were on the weak side.

As an aside, I wish Nickelodeon could get Doug back, so that series could get in on that sweet nostalgia merchandising.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a collaborative Nicktoons CMF Draft video by @just2good with artwork by @Ashnflash:classic:

@Ashnflash has some amazing artwork. Really inspires me to draw some of my own concepts. Also it’s nice to see some of these figures actually designed since they’re so similar to the ideas posted by @LegoTFGuy and myself. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Many stores did sell out of the series rather quickly after it hit shelves, right? 

Then LEGO made a ton more and there wasn't a supply issue.

I think what is really preventing it is Disney. Disney probably wants LEGO to make sets with the figures, like Incredibles 2 and minidolls, than a series of minifigures.

I'm still worried we will get more Batman next fall.

Edited by Maple

I’d love a Marvel series. We can get figures we missed out on, like Civil War Ant-Man, Luis, MK1 Iron Man, homemade Spider-Man, stealth suit Captain America, and various others. It’d be a gold mine. 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I’d love a Marvel series. We can get figures we missed out on, like Civil War Ant-Man, Luis, MK1 Iron Man, homemade Spider-Man, stealth suit Captain America, and various others. It’d be a gold mine. 

Oh how I would love a Marvel series, so many heroes and variants of heroes let alone villains they haven't done. Oh how I would love a Peggy Carter minifigure, maybe just maybe we will see sets one day based of the first avenger. As for a series they could do one per year and be able to do it for years, here's my want list from a Marvel CMF series. Ghost-spider, X-23, Daredevil, Spider-ham, Updated Nova, Silver Surfer, Blackbolt, Comic Hawkeye, Agent Venom, Beast, Beta Ray Bill, Cable, Howard the Duck, Moonknight, Spider-man 2099, Anti-Venom, updated Taskmaster, X-Force Deadpool, and so many more 

On 3/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, Pop Star c o said:

Slovak politicians minifigure series:

[Snippy snippy]

This is such an obscure idea for a lot of countries that I'm completely on board with it just because it would be so niche and confusing to us Americans.

I vote for this one.

15 hours ago, saysonder said:

@Ashnflash has some amazing artwork.

Yes indeed, and he produces it so fast! :sweet:

15 hours ago, saysonder said:

Really inspires me to draw some of my own concepts. 

What sort of concepts? Any genres, themes, or licenses you have in mind? :classic:

10 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm still worried we will get more Batman next fall.

You mean fall of 2019?

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What sort of concepts? Any genres, themes, or licenses you have in mind? :classic:

I mean like the other CMF lists I’ve posted here. The Gravity Falls one, the Cartoon Network one, etc etc. It’d be fun to draw them and see how people like them. Other ideas I could come up with could be Scooby Doo, Total Drama, Crash Bandicoot...

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

I mean like the other CMF lists I’ve posted here. 

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant draw up some renders instead of wishlists. My bad. :facepalm:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant draw up some renders instead of wishlists. My bad. :facepalm:

No you’re right. It inspires me to draw renders of my wishlists. I haven’t done so yet, but I’d like to at some point.

On 26/03/2018 at 4:48 PM, saysonder said:

@Ashnflash has some amazing artwork. Really inspires me to draw some of my own concepts. Also it’s nice to see some of these figures actually designed since they’re so similar to the ideas posted by @LegoTFGuy and myself. 

Thank you so much! That's always nice to hear :) 

On 27/03/2018 at 3:14 PM, saysonder said:

I mean like the other CMF lists I’ve posted here. The Gravity Falls one, the Cartoon Network one, etc etc. It’d be fun to draw them and see how people like them. Other ideas I could come up with could be Scooby Doo, Total Drama, Crash Bandicoot...

There's something in there that I'm working on... Just a little tease for you ;)

On 27/03/2018 at 8:28 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Yes indeed, and he produces it so fast! :sweet:

You mean fall of 2019?

Not that fast :P But when just2good asks you to do a series. Then you gotta work overtime xD 

They should almost have a separate part of Lego Ideas for CMF's where you have to get 10k votes but they only pick one per year but not have it count as their 3 series per year.

It's not original but I want Disney series and Minecraft. 

There were a lot of new superhero figs since two years. 

Minecraft movie is a good opportunity to have new skins and mobs, even if last sets were really great. 

Incredibles are cool, but Disney figs lake renewal!

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a custom Cartoon Network CMS draft done by MarioPower of Instagram, with renders by @Ashnflash!

I saw this video on YouTube, and I love this idea! However, Chris McLean from the Total Drama franchise and Johnny Test don't even count as true Cartoon Network characters. If I made this CMF draft, I'd replace both characters with Van Kleiss from Generator Rex and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

All that cartoons series are great, with wonderfull new parts and colors, but here in France, we don't know a quarter. 

Everyone laughed at me when I said I love Adventure Times.  Ideas set hasn't sold well here. 

Steven Universe looks cool in funko  minifigs, but same thing, not popular here. 

Does anyone know how long will last K'nex Nintendo licence? They did a good job, but it's finish.

A Mario CMF serie would be so great! With Peach, Daisy,  Harmony in disney dresses. And there's so many characters to do! 

3 or 4 Nintendo series would be perfect :grin: with Zelda, Link, Kirby and friends,  Donkey Kong and Co, Splatoon figs, Animal Crossing, and maybe some Pokemon and Lapins Cretins regarding all cross over and amiibo. 

I finally bought a Switch and I'm missing Mario blind bags to go with :laugh:

And rectification, a X-men CMF serie would be a very good idea indeed! 

I think a better option then doing series based on singular particular franchises or sources, would be to do a couple of series on "subjects/topics/themes/whatever you want to call them".

So, say a music series, where each fig is based on a music icon or personality. So like Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Daft Punk, Brittney Spears, Mozart etc.

Or a classic comics/comic-strips series that could include; Tintin and Capt. Haddock. Jon Arbuckle and Garfield. The Phantom. Archie, Betty and Veronica. etc.

Or a movie monster series featuring; Godzilla, the Creature from Black Lagoon, a Xenomorph, etc.

And there's more. Classic literature (Ebenezer Scrooge, Capt. Ahab, Jim Hawkings and Long John Silver, Beowulf, etc), Video Games (Mario, Sonic, Lara Croft, Mega Man, Pac-Man, etc), Sports (I don't know, sporty people... I don't really follow any sports), Cartoons (SpongeBob, Popeye, Betty Boop , Felix the Cat, etc)

This would solve one of the big problems that licensed CMF series have, in that some (possibly a lot of) people won't be interest in the series as a whole, if they're not interest in that specific franchise/source.

So say there was an Archie Comics CMF series or a Garfield CMF series. Personally I wouldn't be interested in them, outside of maybe a few parts. And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. But if instead it was a  something like the classic comics/comic-strips I suggested and includes other characters, such as the Ghost who Walks (aka the Phantom) then yeah, I'd be interest in at least some of the figures.

It may also (I'm not sure as I'm no expert on licenses) be easier to get licenses for just specific characters. It could also allow for things like Xenomorphs to be made, without having to make full sets based on Aliens with Colonial Marines and other mature themes appearing and violating Lego's family friendly image and no-war/military rules, given that it would only be a single figure based on an iconic movie monster.