Robert8

LEGO Minifigures licensed series

Best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far?

• The Simpsons Series 1
    • The Simpsons Series 2
    • Disney
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 1
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 1
    • Disney Series 2
    • DC Comics Series
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 2

On 15.02.2015 at 11:48 AM, The Chosen Minifigure said:

Marvel Series.

Why Kraven? :look:

I mean, they already release Kraven... 

I've heard people suggest this before, but instead of just simply doing a typical DC Comics CMS line, how about a more specific one, based upon a particular TV show or film franchise? 

Specifically, I had DC animated shows such as Batman: The Animated SeriesSuperman: The Animated SeriesJustice League, and such in mind. The shows' minimalist, streamlined character designs would make for some elegant looking minifigures, with a sort of vintage quality that harkens back to pre-2000s minifigure designs. Besides, why do a normal DC Comics CMS line if many of the characters that would appear in it could potentially reappear in sets soon after?

10 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

Why Kraven? :look:

I mean, they already release Kraven... 

The comment you responded to was made back in 2015, a year before the release of the Web Warriors Bridge set.

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not sure if these have been suggested on this topic before, but three licensed franchises that I think could make for some great CMS lines would be for Warner Brother's Looney Tunes, the Hanna Barbera franchise, and Universal Classic Monsters.

LEGO Looney Tunes should be an ideal option! However, each Looney Tunes minifigure would obviously require a new-mold head.

Here is my draft for the LEGO Looney Tunes CMF Series.

1. Bugs Bunny
  2. Lola Bunny
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Tina Russo Duck
  5. Porky Pig
  6. Petunia Pig
  7. Foghorn Leghorn with Henery Hawk
  8. Barnyard Dawg
  9. Sylvester with Tweety
  10. Wile E. Coyote
  11. Road Runner
  12. Elmer Fudd
  13. Yosemite Sam
  14. Tazmanian Devil
  15. Marvin the Martian with K-9
  16. Witch Hazel
  17. Granny
  18. Beaky Buzzard

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The comment you responded to was made back in 2015, a year before the release of the Web Warriors Bridge set.

Huh, sorry, it's really dumb 

I don't know what will be next but if there'll be some another kind of licensed series, there should be 24 figs (regular and first licensed series - 16; Disney - 18; theatrical movies - 20; Harry Potter - 22, so next should be 24).:wink:

Some more pointless wishlists from me

The Elder Scrolls: 5 series one 

1- M'aiq the lair: (No new molds use instead cat tail, standard head with khajit print, jedi hood, normal torso and the dress part introduced in the solo sets)
2- Lydia: (New molds for sword ,shield (with an antistud instead of a clip on the inside and the holdable edge so it fits into clips) and hair with dual molded and printed arms to show gauntlets.)
3- Hevnoraak: (New mold for staff, dagger ,Armor/robes and combined hood and mask)
4- Sheogorath: (new arms with puffed shoulders and a new mold for the Wabbajack (staff))
5- Draugr( bearded male):( new molded ancient Nordic great sword)
6- Eola: (New molds for war kilt , new left arm with molded in shoulder armor and the ring of Namria also would come with sting to represent a short sword.)
7-Brynjolf: (Same new hair as Lydia, new potion bottle (falmer blood elixer) and a dagger(not new same old one))
8- Madesi: new 'hair' piece with feathers and horns. standard minifig head, new tail part , a silver one ring part and a gold one with sapphire print)
9- Flame Atronach: (new head part)
10- Dremora Lord:(New arms with armoured shoulders, new legs to show armoured boots new hair with horns and new Deadric great sword mold)
11- Savos Aren: ( new hood, new necklace and new knot beard with the bolt from nexo and a standard flame to show magic) 
12- Jarl Balgruuf: (new hair with circlet, new collar plus a war axe made from the shorter rod with the existing axe clip on part)
13- Inge Six Fingers (new lute piece) 
14- Falmer Skulker: (new parts for sword and shield)
15- Legate Rikke:( new armor and helmet with the same sword and shield as Lydia)
16-Karliah (Nightingale):New hood part, two heads, one masked and one unmasked, also comes with a hair piece and Gallus's journal(made from a brown nexo book)
17-Urag gro-Shub: (new balding with ponytail hair piece plus two books (namely Ruminations on the Elder Scrolls and Effects of the Elder Scrolls ))
18- Galmar Stone-Fist: (new bearskin helmet, new axe)
19- Mercenary(female) in Daedric Armor: (same new arms and legs as the Dremora Lord, new helmet piece and Daedric Bow, with a neck bracket with stud and a new quiver with an antistud)
20- Whiterun Guard:( new helmet and a printed 2x2 circular tile that fits into the existing sheild mold (the one Boromir used)  with a neck bracket with stud and the same new quiver with an antistud and with sting to represent a short sword)

Edited by Agent Kallus

While I wouldn't have any particular interest in either one myself, two franchises I could plausibly see getting CMSs for in the future would be for Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (the latter one only being possible if Lego were to regain the license from Mega Construx).

Much like Disney, I think that licensed Collectable Minifigure lines with a broad scope have the potential for a longer life span than a line based upon a single movie or TV show within that franchise. I mean, imagine if we got a CMS based a single Disney movie as opposed to the broader line we did get. Plus, a series with a broader context can be a vehicle for characters from movies/TV shows that otherwise don't have enough current relevance to stand alone.

Granted, without a more specific CMS, fans of a particular movie or TV show may not see a broader series give them specific side characters, therefore perhaps making them wish that Lego had never even bothered to touch upon that property to begin with.

There is another licensed minifigure coming this year. It’s not the unikitty blind bags or Harry Potter or the coustumed minifigures. It’s something different something kids will love but we here at eurobricks might not 

before you go saying this is not true @rob-ot5000 confirmed it

Edited by Falconfan1414

Power puff girls? They need loads of new moulds and in the cmf series we often see the introduction of new moulds. 

What i hope? Adventure time :-)

So from what I gathered, the CMF lineup for the year looks to be:

The Lego Batman Movie Series 2 - January 2018

Collectible Minifigures Series 18 - April 2018

Unikitty! Series - August 2018

Harry Potter Series - August 2018

Unknown Licensed Series - ? 2018

...Lego really likes making licensed CMF series, don't they?

Edited by spiderfan2000

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Unikitty isn’t cmf. It’s replacing mixels 

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Is there really gonna be another licensed CMF series after Harry Potter? I'm looking forward to finding out which license IP it will be based on!

1 hour ago, Megaflora said:

The Lego Movie Sequel will probably be after Harry Potter but there is no actual information yet. 

The Lego Movie Sequel will be next year along with all the sets.

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Unikitty isn’t cmf. It’s replacing mixels 

No it isn't. Mixels ended at the end of 2016 / beginning of 2017. Plus the target audience is likely to be different. Unikitty sets might be bagged like Mixels, but they are not replacing them. Mixels came, had a run and ended. There is no direct replacement.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

No it isn't. Mixels ended at the end of 2016 / beginning of 2017. Plus the target audience is likely to be different. Unikitty sets might be bagged like Mixels, but they are not replacing them. Mixels came, had a run and ended. There is no direct replacement.

When I said mixels I meant the fact that the unikitty blind bags will have different little builds of chapters similar to how mixels did. I also meant how mixels was able to exist and not take up any cmf space 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I've heard people suggest this before, but instead of just simply doing a typical DC Comics CMS line, how about a more specific one, based upon a particular TV show or film franchise? 

Specifically, I had DC animated shows such as Batman: The Animated SeriesSuperman: The Animated SeriesJustice League, and such in mind. The shows' minimalist, streamlined character designs would make for some elegant looking minifigures, with a sort of vintage quality that harkens back to pre-2000s minifigure designs. Besides, why do a normal DC Comics CMS line if many of the characters that would appear in it could potentially reappear in sets soon after?

They are pretty close to doing just this with the Lego Batman Movie series 2. They have a TON of Super Friends characters in there. Apache Chief. Black Vulcan, The Wonder Twins! 

7 hours ago, Faefrost said:

They are pretty close to doing just this with the Lego Batman Movie series 2. They have a TON of Super Friends characters in there. Apache Chief. Black Vulcan, The Wonder Twins! 

Well, kind of. Many of the specific shows I had mentioned had a specific character design and style that I think would be cool to see captured for minifigures. It's not rare or never-before-seen characters I care about, but the art deco, streamlined style of the character designs.

Could this other licensed CMF possibly be the series 2 Disney one we all have been waiting for? A Cartoon Network CMF i could see also happening in time since Lego and CN have a good relationship built over all these years of working together