Spencer_R

MOC: Bank of China Tower, Hong Kong

Here's my latest: I.M. Pei's Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong.

Roughly 1/650th scale. The tower footprint is only ~10x10 studs.

As a bonus, I built a second model as a structural demonstrator to illustrate with color the different internal structural systems used in the MOC.

15107722591_1dc36f200f.jpg

15107722511_4b4b35ac3f_m.jpg15107721841_609d6e1b58_m.jpg15110725695_e505a634d0_m.jpg

14926384828_aee0e7535c.jpg

Edited by Spencer_R

This is an iconic building that is faithfully reproduced and instantly recognizable in LEGO form. Thanks also for showing us the model without the blue panels - are the little clips attached to pieces of flex tube?

This is an iconic building that is faithfully reproduced and instantly recognizable in LEGO form. Thanks also for showing us the model without the blue panels - are the little clips attached to pieces of flex tube?

Yes. Small cut pieces of flex tube fed into headlight bricks.

Spencer_R, My hat is off to you - everything you build is on an incredible scale and is still extremely finely detailed. Beautiful work (as usual!) Keep it up...

I proudly added this (and a few of your other models) to my collections of great LEGO Architecture on Pinterest:

Sincerely,

---tom

Wow! This is just stunning and so true to the original/. Well done!

Wow! LEGO needs to add this to the Architecture series because it offers so few Asian buildings and this is just outstanding in every way. And one of the most memorable buildings anywhere in the world. The first time I saw the real building, my mouth dropped. I.M. Pei has such incredible vision. Congratulations!