Bonaparte

RAFFLE: Exclusive day tickets for NYC ComicCON (Thursday, October 9)

This is a raffle open to all our members for 3x 2 tickets for day 1 of NYC ComicCON – Thursday, October 9.

LEGO will be holding a panel at 1 p.m. that day and host a very special event where a brand new LEGO theme will be announced.

The ticket will get you in to ComicCON on that day and the panel and the special evening event. Pretty awesome, isn't it?

This raffle only provides the ticket, not travel and accommodation.

Requirements to enter this raffle:

• Able to be in NYC on Thursday, October 9
  • Report back here on EB with few pictures and words about what LEGO has revealed (you'll be our reporter onsite).

There will be 3 random winners for this raffle, each getting 2 tickets (so you can bring someone along with you).

Winners will be announced in 1 week from now.

Who's in for the raffle?

EDIT: I'm adding one more requirement to be eligible for the raffle: you should write a few words on why you should be the one winning these tickets.

(The tickets will be personal, so only the raffle winners and their companion will be able to use them. Only enter if you will go personally!)

nycc-logo-low-res.jpg

Count me in, please!

[Edit to meet the new requirements:]

I've been an AFOL since before there was such a term. I've also published a book on the history of NYC, so taking a trip to New York for a LEGO event is a double attraction for me.

Edited by 62Bricks

Just an hour away for me, I'm in! My TFOL, and Comic-Con enthusiast daughter, will go with me - which will be a real treat since she has not yet attended any similar event. Since we are close by to NYC, we will be able to focus our time and energy on what is important, LEGO!, and of course I'll bring my good camera and report back on the important events - LEGO!

Edited by JGW3000

I'll join I guess.

I like anything free, I'll join.

You really have to show a little bit more enthusiasm for joining the raffle...

I'm adding one more requirement: write a few words on why you should be the one winning these tickets.

i've never been to a comic-con event, so covering the new legos would be extra bonus. Sign me up please.

Sign me up please. It's been almost 5 years since I've travelled anywhere, and going to see what awesome plans LEGO has up there sleeves would be incredible. I've been a huge LEGO fan ever since I was entrusted with my sister's old dusty LEGO when I was 4. Going to NY to comic con would be absolutely brilliant, and would be certainly a once in a lifetime thing for me.

I've never been to any Comic-Con event, so I'd love a chance to go; my fellow BS01ers on the East Coast have been lucky enough to get access before, but given the amount of secrecy surrounding the new line, I'd totally be in for seeing what LEGO has in store for us.

Plus, I can stay with my sister, who lives there now; family visit bonus!

Because New York is a beautiful city and I have never been to a comic con convention, so I would love to explore convention and the city and to go express my love for the Lego brand

I'm close by, so it wouldn't be too much of an effort to get there. LEGO being my main hobby, I won't get sidetracked by the other things provided by Comic-Con. Going to the convention and being a reporter have been two dreams of mine, and now I have a chance to combine both. :classic:

I have been to 1 Comic Con ever and loved it, would love to go to another. I have never been out of Europe before (only places I have been outside UK is France). I love LEGO and always have. I can take pics for you guys. I love trying to help out the community. Reporting news sounds like the most epic job ever and intertwined with LEGO, would be the greatest experience (for me) know to man.

I've never been to New York even though I live close by. I'd love to go to Comic Con and check out the new theme!

Oh I want! i have never been to NYC even though I live in Massachusetts so this would be a great excuse to go down!

P.S. I'm pretty damn good with a camera. :wink:

Edited by Bricknblue

omg, i wasn't able to get a pass for NYCC. I never been to it before and I really want to go this year. Even though I live in CA, I am available to fly there if I'm able to get a ticket.

Never been to a LEGO panel too, so it would be nice to hear the new theme announcement in person and share with everyone here. :classic:

Sign me up because I'll be going for the little children!

The children have its so difficult and they barely have a chance; their voices must be heard, "Why can't we move our legs, Lego? Why?! Why..."

I'd really enjoy having the privilege of going for the day (I'm only a few hrs away and have friends in the area) and being able to report back to all of the fine folks here at EB!

As for my companion - The day would become super-special as I'd definitely yank my 10 yr old daughter from school for the day to be able to attend with me!!

Good luck to all that attend!

Sorry about that. I should go because I love Legos. I'm only 12, and no lego conventions are in Dallas. I was born in New York and I would love the chance to go back to my hometown to see my favorite hobby.

Edited by Captain America fan 1

My friend and I are massive Lego/superhero fans and have *always* wanted to go to Comic-con, and we live really close to NY. Also, I've been featured in a few newspapers, so I'm very good at reporting. Count me in!

Sorry about that. I should go because I love Legos. I'm only 12, and no lego conventions are in Dallas. I was born in New York and I would love the chance to go back to my hometown to see my favorite hobby.

We are an AFOL site (Adult Fan Of Lego) and you must be 18 in order to join (or much closer to that age than you are). Sorry, but I have to ban you.

It's been a dream of mine for some time to attend NYCCC. This would be an unbelievable experience for me, to get to see and do something I've always wanted to do. Furthermore, it would give me the chance to "get away" for a few days and relax with my favorite hobby and my wife, who would really enjoy this.

I'm not trying to be a downer or to get sympathy at all, but my father was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer a few weeks ago, and just had an extensive procedure. My wife and I have been there with them the whole time, and we literally talked the other night about how we needed some "get away" time for ourselves.

Finally, it would give me the chance to create and deepen even more relationships with the awesome people of the LEGO community! I'll give you Whitefang quality reports from NYCCC!!!

Now look what you did, I've went and talked myself into a stupor of excitement!

I would love to be in this!

Edited by SSchmidt

Please consider me for an entry into the raffle.

I'm down in Pennsylvania, specifically Pittsburgh, which is a mere 6.5 hours from NYC by either bus or train (the easiest ways to actually get into the city) I am a complete and total pop culture geek, especially in terms of Marvel. In my day to day life, I work as a historian and writer, so I can assure you of solid coverage for the event. A few examples of my work can be found on my blog, but one post that is especially on topic for this is http://notourist.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-marvel-tarantino-connection.html in which I put forward a case that the Tarantino universe bookends directly into the MCU. In addition, I helped bring LEGO into the art world by curating an exhibit at the Future Tenant Gallery last year. Finally, I am used to travelling for a variety of reasons, most of them business, and as a result of some family issues, I have had to put my career and travels on hold. Working with Eurobricks would allow me to transition back to that world.

I would love the chance to win a ticket for NYCC. I've always desired to go to a convention of this scale for many different reasons, but the opportunity has never presented itself to me; the fact that Lego is announcing something at the event is icing on the cake. I'm very curious as to what Lego is unveiling, and would love the chance to observe what it is firsthand.

I thank Eurobricks very much for hosting this raffle and eagerly anticipate its results!

Edited by Mesonak