Emma

Mount Up! The Nocturnus Rous

Love this. Reminds me of the rat-mole cross that the bounty hunter lady, June, rides in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Edited by mccoyed

This is one really menacing beast. Great job.

Stupendous job, this mount certainly has the rodent look to it :sweet:

Great use of all those black curves and spikes, especially with this piece :wink:

Excellent build Emma! Love the posable mouth, great shaping on the back legs and daunting array of spikes. It really does look like some nightmare cross between a dragon and a rodent, perfect for Nocty! :devil:

Wow GOH is really active these days :thumbup:

Thanks so much everyone for the comments/feedback, I really appreciate it. And uber-thanks to Ecc for the frontpager :sweet:.

- What did you use for the tongue? I am not so much a fan of the exposed plate on the foreleg, it looks a bit out of place. -

Thanks for the feedbcak robuko. The tongue is just two of the small red horns held in place by two of the 1x1 with vertical clip peices (also in red) - connected in the not proper way - if that makes any sense. And I see what you mean about the plate - it was stuck there to cover up the grey mixel joint, but a smoother solution would have probably looked better.

- Now just think what you could have done if you added a base, which was built also as good as this, instead of having white background...

I can picture it clearly in my head - lush undergrowth, a swampy lower area, a few flame spurts, some bizzare Nocturnus-y plants - now I just need to organize my time better and not leave things till the last minute :grin:.

-My only concern here is that you addressed only 2 out of the 3 dangers of the fire swamp.

Very true, I'm not sure how prolific lightning sand is in the swamps, but from what I understand, the Rous has a sixth sense about these things, and can (hopefully) steer clear when necessary.

- great shaping on the back legs -

Thank you - the back legs ended up being my second favorite part of this little guy (after the head).

Fantastic critter! It's easy to see the resemblance to a rodent, but this beast is way more terrifying :devil:

I like the sinewy look of it, reminds me of a weasel :classic:

Wow, this is awesome, you wouldn't happen to have a building instruction guide/part list for it would you? :D