ZCerberus

Dragon Masters: Along the Watchtower

15097323132_947bf033ed_c.jpg14910996749_0a14b619d0_c.jpg

Still reeling from his escape from the Hand, Anzar is set to meet his brother, Tanzar, at the Dragon Masters’ watchtower in the plains below the Rakath Mountains. Anzar is puzzled that his brother chose to meet at the tower instead of Drakes’ Den, the Dragon Masters’ stronghold in the Rakath Mountains. Why was his brother keeping him out of Drakes’ Den? Was Tanzar already on the move against the Zugal? Was his brother afraid Anzar had been corrupted by the Hand? Anzar pushes the questions to the back of his mind as he ascends the stairs to meet his brother.

15074668946_251f3f0451_z.jpg

Anzar sweeps through the door and lays eyes on his brother. Tanzar was a tough, strong leader and mighty warrior. He marshalled the bulk of the Dragon Masters’ forces at Drakes’ Den while Anzar and his father kept an eye on the Zugal at Dragon Keep. Drakes’ Den is also the only Dragon Master fortress to house more than one dragon. Dragons are fiercely territorial but Dravin and Dronis are unlike any other dragons known to man as they were born from the same dragon egg, the only twin dragons in existence. Anzar sees the stern look on his brother’s face and feels a thick tension in the room. Anzar takes a seat at the table while his brother stands, fists pressed against the table as he leans over his bother.

Tanzar: Dragon Keep is lost, our father slain, and now here comes the Lord of Dragon Keep, asking me to risk my men in a fight with the Black Spire and the Nocturnians. I would question your wisdom if I did not already know you possessed none.

Anzar is not surprised by his brother’s reaction. Tanzar was always more concerned with his own station in life than the concerns of all his people. If what Anfauglir said was true, there was more at stake than just vengeance for his father’s death. No matter his brothers reaction, Anzar had to press Tanzar into action.

Anzar: Brother, our father and the Keep were mere pawns in a larger game; collateral damage to the Nocturnian civil war. What’s more, Anfauglir, the covenant soldier that spared me from Raavage’s trechary, reports the Hand Lord plans to unleash a terrible scourge on Historica that will enslave all who do not pledge loyalty to him. He must be stopped.

Tanzar relaxes his posture and sinks back into his chair with a thud. He grinds his teeth as he responds.

15094663511_b7b7ff5de0_z.jpg

Tanzar: And you believe this covenant slime? Such a power has never been heard of. Not even Revolword and the Helm of Power could bring Historica to its knees. This warlord thug in his black tower will fair no better. You’re being played brother. And vengence for our father? Who is responsible for his death? You would have me risk the lives of all my men for your failures?

Anzar quickly becomes annoyed with his brother’s accusations.

Anzar: With the passing of father, I am also Lord of the Dragon Masters. These are our men. I will not sit back while Raavage seeks to dominate Historica, while the Zugal hold our lands and while our father’s murderers remain free!

Tanzar smirks. He presses his boots into the edge of the table and rocks back in his chair. He looks his brother in the eye and responds.

Tanzar: Dragon Master Lord? Lords require lands, and Dragon Master Lords require dragons. News of Handrid's escape has reach Drakes' Den. Without Handrid or the Keep, you have neither little brother. I am the only Dragon Master Lord now, these are my people, and I will not risk open war with superior forces to pay for your mistakes!

Only Dragon Master Lord... Anzar begins to wonder if his brother was involved in the plot against their father. Did he promise the Zugal Dragon Keep in return for their father’s assassination? Is he allied with Raavage already? Or the Nocturnians? Anzar raises his eyes to meet his brother's gaze. Nothing but a steely cold comes from the Dragon Master Lord. Anzar knows his brother's mind is set, he will not help; not for the sake of Historica, not for their father, not for his brother. Anzar's mind begins to wander again. He can't help but see Dragon Keep continuing to burn or the eyes of his father when Darkheart's mutt run the blade through his father's belly. What could Anzar do? He needed more men. He needed dragons, he needed Drakes' Den. Anzar knows what he must do; he jumps from his chair and points his sword in Tanzar’s direction, the blade wobbling as he nervously pushes out the words.

15097662255_80b62545f8_z.jpg

Anzar: In the great tradition of our people, I challenge you to combat, brother, for Lordship of Drakes’ Den!

Tanzar’s smirk grows. He removes his boots from the table edge rocking forward and allowing the sword blade to touch his breastplate. He places his hand on Anzar’s blade and gently brushes it aside before pressing his fists into the table and standing to lean over his brother again.

Tanzar: Our great tradition dictates such a challenge may only be made in the lands over which you claim challenge, and only by another Dragon Master Lord. Since we are not at Drakes’ Den, and since you do not have lands or a dragon, you have no challenge.

Tanzar stares fiercely at his brother, without diverting his gaze, he addresses Anzar’s company.

14910981189_129596bef2_z.jpg

Tanzar: Men of Dragon Keep, it would appear you no longer have a Dragon Master Lord. All who claimed allegiance to my father may find refuge at Drakes’ Den. We take our leave.

Tanzar mocks his brother with a curt bow before turning abruptly and swiftly marching out the chamber door. If Anzar had any hope of avenging his father, or stopping Raavage, he would need to become a Dragon Master Lord again. He would need land, and he would need a dragon!

==========================================================

Bonus Shots:

15097678785_f565492e62_z.jpg

14911117448_bee6a010cb_z.jpg

15074686526_0c056eac5a_z.jpg

14911130297_40d7570439_z.jpg

14910999119_4e6b592781_z.jpg

14910999489_94d9a2431e_z.jpg

15097324462_346d81cb1b_z.jpg

14910999249_28d5a3cc1f_z.jpg

Man the build is great, but I even like more the story. :thumbup:

You keep up with pairing stunning builds with a thrilling storyline, impressive! Can't wait to read more!

A couple of details I particularly like here are the ballista and the protruding Tudor sections, and I think your balance between plain gray wall and greebling is very good :classic:

My only point of criticism is that the ground in front of the tower could have used some detailing.

Very nice tower and I do like the color scheme of it a lot. Also, I do like the dialogue, it's quite is to follow too so all in all, nice work. :thumbup:

Edited by Behemoth

As said on flickr, nice color combo I like dark red and also the 'house' supports.

Edited by Gunman

My only point of criticism is that the ground in front of the tower could have used some detailing.

My biggest Nocturnian challenge for sure. How to make the terrain organic, bare, interesting and dark all at the same time.

My biggest Nocturnian challenge for sure. How to make the terrain organic, bare, interesting and dark all at the same time.

I think just some scattered small plates in the same color would do a lot to get rid of the "unfinished" feeling a large surface of plate can give. In my eyes that would not hurt the feeling of bare ground at all.

I agree about the bland landscape... Could you add some olive/burnt orange plates for contrast?

A master work, as usual. I wish I had the time and resources to pull off something of that scale.

I wouldn't worry about the expanse of dark tan. It acts as negative space, and directs the eye to the pathway. That in turn creates the flow, so that you don't miss the successive details as your eye moves up the tower.

Oh, and the Hendrix reference just makes me smile.

Edited by gedren_y

I really like the use of dark red, and the roofing techniques. This has to be a contender for best Moc themed on the new Dragon Knights. Loving the storyline too.

Great build all-around. Like your previous Dragon Master MOC, the tudor sections are very nice and the dark red/black/bley-colorscheme simply works. The two things I love most about this tower, are the supports underneath the tudor sections and that you added gears to the ballista to make it turn. Those gears give it a great touch of credibility and just make the whole contraption seem more vicious in a way.

Epic build!!! Love the color pallet, the interiors, the walls, the story, just everything. Congratulations on another fabulous work!!

This is awesome! besides from the whole thing( which I love) i really liked the weathered feel on the sides of the tower, like chunks of the outer layer had worn away. I also like the inclusion of defenses such as the ballista and the dual crossbow.