TheGreatSpirit

Favorite Bionicle (or any constraction figure) Titan?

Bionicle:

Brutaka.jpg

Awesome colour scheme, great pieces and design. I missed out on so many others...

HF: Only got Nebby, and he sucked, so nothing.

Vehicles:

Takua_%26_Pewku.jpg

She counts, damnit! Great function, could seat more than one figure, had a significant role in the story, what's not to like?

http://www.brickpicker.com/images/set_images/brickpicker_set_10204-1_4.jpg

Definitely him. Although Brutaka, Icarax, and Mutran were also pretty cool.

Seeing this picture of Kardas Dragon, I was surprised at how bad it looked from that angle, so I did a Google Image Search for Kardas Dragon and found... it's not that photogenic from any angle. Kardas Dragon definitely has a creative and memorable build (that brilliant ribcage!), but as is often the case with combi models, the end result ends up looking somewhat scrappy and even a bit flimsy in places.

This is not to say the designers didn't do a good job with that set. Being a designer means working with limitations, and a combi model has even stricter limitations than a typical set since usually your parts palette is already set in stone. Also, Kardas Dragon unquestionably offered a fantastic value for money — just $50 for three sets that would have cost $70 total if purchased individually! It's a little bit strange how that worked out — ALL the titan combi models had the same $50 price, and originally with Takutanuva it was equal to the cost of the individual sets (the $30 Takanuva set plus the $20 Makuta set). Ultimate Dume and Voporak were each built from three $20 sets, so you'd be getting a $10 discount by buying the combi set, and finally Kardas was built from two $20 sets and a $30 set, saving you the full cost of one of the $20 sets!

Edited by Aanchir

For me, it's close, but Takanuva (8699) wins the grand prize for me. I'm a sucker for a big bionicle that has a mean staff and I love that he's half dark and light, my favorite.

0630781128699.jpg

Takanuva '08. I mean, just look at him!

I bought a box full of bionicles for the technic parts, and couldn't disassemble either of the Takanuvas. They look great standing guard with my technic collection.

Nobody mentioning this guy?

8811_lhikan_astride.jpg

In my list he's #3.

As many said here, Brutaka is my #1, followed by Takanuva.

Roodaka was also a very interesting set, the best use of the Y construction sets like Krekka and Sidorak used.

One does not simply not call Witch Doctor their favorite constraction titan.

But in all seriousness, the guy is a beast. And by beast, I don't mean his minions, or this year's large jumpers. He is truly one of my favorite sets of all time.

I think mine would have to be Icarax, probably tied with Hydraxon. They both look pretty awesome, and when you consider even Teridax was pretty hesitant to face Icarax in open combat? That's saying something.

Icarax.PNG

250px-Set_Hydraxon.jpg

As for Vehicles, I got both the Axalara T9 and Skopio XV-1. I loved them both

I think mine would have to be Icarax, probably tied with Hydraxon. They both look pretty awesome, and when you consider even Teridax was pretty hesitant to face Icarax in open combat? That's saying something.

Icarax.PNG

250px-Set_Hydraxon.jpg

As for Vehicles, I got both the Axalara T9 and Skopio XV-1. I loved them both

Also, Icarax has the best quotes... (Well, tied with Vezon, but...)

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him— you get it by stepping over his corpse."

I have a soft spot for Takanuva 08. I think because, apart from the lower legs, he just looks so cohesive and expressive. Toa Mata Nui, despite using a lot of the same techniques, just didn't do it for me as much. The legs were way too bulky compared to the arms and I always thought the torso was too tall and too sparsely armoured, though I did love his leg support design.

A close second would be the 06 titans though, all three of the main ones were fantastic. (And Brutaka also looks very cohesive, Axonn a little less so)

Between the Constraction titans I own, it'd probably be Vezon and Fenrakk or Rockoh T4. I think I like them because they just feel substantial, especially because they give you more than just a shiny figure with pistons on his legs. As far as the ones I want, it's a tie between Axalara T9, 2008 Takanuva, or Toa Mata Nui. I want Toa Mata Nui so much I'm considering buying the DeCool knockoff just for the semblance of having it.

Between the Constraction titans I own, it'd probably be Vezon and Fenrakk or Rockoh T4. I think I like them because they just feel substantial, especially because they give you more than just a shiny figure with pistons on his legs. As far as the ones I want, it's a tie between Axalara T9, 2008 Takanuva, or Toa Mata Nui. I want Toa Mata Nui so much I'm considering buying the DeCool knockoff just for the semblance of having it.

Just go on Bricklink. Here's Toa Mata Nui: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8998-1

Axalara T9: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8943-1

and '08 Takanuva: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8699-1

Brutatka and Keetongu are my favorites in regards to appearance, but Takanuva was such a massive deal back in '03, it's hard not to say him. He was a game-changing set. He represented the height of Bionicle's popularity IMO.

Axxon and his glorious, over sized, over exaggerated hands.

I regret not buying him and taking a lot of pictures of super hands doing super hand things.