PenPlays

Nintendo Discussion

Are you trying to get your mains, Lego Spy? Or are you trying to collect one of each (like myself).

Another question: Do you display them in box, or do you use them with Smash? (I'm the latter, but I display them on my dresser when they aren't in use)

Personally, I'm just trying to get some of my mains. :classic:

If I get Ness, I'll probably keep him in the packaging. I use my Samus amiibo in Smash.

In case this interests anyone, the limited edition NES 3DS XL as well as both the Blue and Red SSB4 3DS XLs are available refurbished from the Nintendo online store.

I got my refurbished Wii U from them, and it was definitely top-of-the-line refurbishment. :classic::thumbup:

The Peach amiibo is also available for $9.96 on Amazon.com.

Edited by Lego Spy

The Peach amiibo is also available for $9.96 on Amazon.com.

It's a price-match due to Gamestop's and Best Buy's price-drop on her, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi. (gotta get rid of those plentiful commons somehow!)

I got my Shulk pre-order today! Man he looks fantastic. I swear the details on the Amiibo are amazing!

I also managed to get Dedede at one of my local Fred Meyer's stores (Kroger's Northwest chain of stores). He's adorable. As he should be. Small. But adorable.

And regarding this Friday...

443.png

Anyone besides me and Penkid get MM3D today?

It's funny that you said that, because originally I was going to wait until I could get a deal. Couldn't stop myself.

Originally I wasn't planning on getting a New 3DS today...

...system transfer just ended!

How has everyone progressed in Majora's Mask? :classic:

Also, I was visiting Club Nintendo, and noticed this:

16556005845_b7437b135d.jpg

It seems one of the spaces is blank. (I checked the code, and nothing was supposed to load, so its not my internet.) Elite Rewards update soon?

i'm thinking about looking into MM3D once I can find it for a way better price. But for now i'm doing some with LOZ: OOS and i'm waiting for LOZ: ALBW to get here(would of been here TODAY if it wouldn't be for presidents day)

i'm thinking about looking into MM3D once I can find it for a way better price. But for now i'm doing some with LOZ: OOS and i'm waiting for LOZ: ALBW to get here(would of been here TODAY if it wouldn't be for presidents day)

All three are absolutely fantastic. You are in for plenty of treats for any of the ones you haven't played yet before.

How has everyone progressed in Majora's Mask? :classic:

Also, I was visiting Club Nintendo, and noticed this:

*I'm sorry, Nintendo's server has been overwhelmed and cannot display this image :wink::tongue: *

It seems one of the spaces is blank. (I checked the code, and nothing was supposed to load, so its not my internet.) Elite Rewards update soon?

Elite Reward are free downloads. It will probably be one free download of the games that are already listed.

In MM3DI just finished my first cycle of three days. I've been too busy as of recent.

Since I've been feverishly hunting Amiibo as of recent, I've decided to update the original post with a comprehensive Amiibo checklist regarding the availability of Amiibo in America (All other countries besides Australia have constant stock of all characters where Amiibo are available).

Hope this will help you during your hunts!

Got my Shulk last Saturday. Wanted to pick up a Toon Link for my son if I saw one in the wild, but they haven't hit shelves where I'm at, yet. Plus, now that I see they're uncommon, means I might not see one at all.

Got my Shulk last Saturday. Wanted to pick up a Toon Link for my son if I saw one in the wild, but they haven't hit shelves where I'm at, yet. Plus, now that I see they're uncommon, means I might not see one at all.

Like with the previous situation with Sheik, Toon Link may very well be a common, it's just that supply has yet to meet demand. Sheik's has. My Toys R Us has about 15 of her. About as many Zeldas they had for... *ahem*... reasons.

Anyway...

ALL HOPE IS LOST!

Gold%20mario%20WM_zps8tcizlg8.jpg

We don't know if it's only available with MP10 Pre-orders or if this is Walmart's Exclusive for the Spring season! The suspense!

EDIT: Amiibo Chart updated. Gold Mario added. "Unknown" wave added to the Super Mario Amiibo types.

Edited by Penkid11

Like with the previous situation with Sheik, Toon Link may very well be a common, it's just that supply has yet to meet demand. Sheik's has. My Toys R Us has about 15 of her. About as many Zeldas they had for... *ahem*... reasons.

Anyway...

ALL HOPE IS LOST!

We don't know if it's only available with MP10 Pre-orders or if this is Walmart's Exclusive for the Spring season! The suspense!

EDIT: Amiibo Chart updated. Gold Mario added. "Unknown" wave added to the Super Mario Amiibo types.

tumbling down tumbling down tumbling downnnnn

Boy, do I hate how they're handling these Amiibos.

It's funny that you mention that. Many users on the Amiibo Reddit community think that America's issues are linked to the whole port disputes (or whatever) going on down in California. Although, I think that it's more or less due to resellers, and the fact that Nintendo has no experience in this field whatsoever. They think that for every 25 Marios there should be 1 Marth... Looking at Lego's Collectables, how would you like 25 Series 13 Disco Ladies for every 1 Hot Dog Guy? Demand wise, it doesn't make any sense!!

Since NONE of these figures are limited editions, there should be a constant flow of Amiibo coming in... what's the deal?

And now Iwata has said, "we are considering another print of these figures...(paraphrase)"

You mean to say that they aren't in constant print!?! Even Activision isn't that stupid!

Sorry for the mini-rant, but Nintendo's recent scale of production has been just as pitiful as their console names...

I'm currently trying to get to the second temple. (In MM3D)

There seems to be pretty good evidence now, as well as an official statement by Iwata that the lack of amiibos in the U.S. is due to the west coast port strike that's going on. :sceptic::thumbdown:

I'm currently trying to get to the second temple. (In MM3D)

You do understand that the term "Second Dungeon" is subjective, right? Every Dungeon is accessible from the very beginning. Heck you could start with Stone Tower Temple if you wanted too!

There seems to be pretty good evidence now, as well as an official statement by Iwata that the lack of amiibos in the U.S. is due to the west coast port strike that's going on. :sceptic::thumbdown:

But we have confirmation, which means that my dream of seeing Pit, Fox, Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo all on one shelf may one day become a reality. Maybe we may see the exclusives available again sometime too.

Meta Knight releases tomorrow. I hope I can get in line early enough. I also got confirmation on my Ike, Sonic, and Mega Man pre-orders from Gamestop.

I may just land the entirety of Wave 3!

Got my son's Toon Link. TRU. Extra dollar, but he's happy, so I don't care.

Spent some rewards points on Club Nintendo the other day. I know it's over soon, but are they going to update the rewards again?

Edited by obsidianheart

Spent some rewards points on Club Nintendo the other day. I know it's over soon, but are they going to update the rewards again?

I don't believe so.

You do understand that the term "Second Dungeon" is subjective, right? Every Dungeon is accessible from the very beginning. Heck you could start with Stone Tower Temple if you wanted too!

Are you sure that's completely true? I thought you couldn't get to the ice temple without the Hero's Bow... Either way, I started with Woodfall, and I'm heading to the ice temple now.

Are you sure that's completely true? I thought you couldn't get to the ice temple without the Hero's Bow... Either way, I started with Woodfall, and I'm heading to the ice temple now.

I never tried, but apparently there is a way. Probably the Deku Mask's bubble attack.

I got Meta Knight! His paint job is shabby, but he still looks fantastic.

Also, the West Coast port dispute has apparently been resolved. Let's hope that Amiibo shortages will soon fair for the better.

EDIT: The Amiibo Availability chart has been updated! Mega Man has been moved to uncommon. The Exclusives are now in order of ease of availability.

Edited by Penkid11

I never tried, but apparently there is a way. Probably the Deku Mask's bubble attack.

Sorry to double post, but I think I have the answer to this mystery. It appears that you can complete them in any order. That doesn't necessarily mean that you can enter the dungeons in any order. As you will undoubtedly need the item from the previous dungeon. Lest we forget that Tatl is programed to lead you in the specified order.

Just to spark some discussion, what do you all think of Splatoon? I think it has potential, but I'm not all too interested. Perhaps a demo could change my mind. I mean who wouldn't want to play a shooter with free online multiplayer, right?

EDIT: The Amiibo Availability chart has been updated. Golden Mario is Walmart's exclusive, and has been recognized as such. Sonic has been moved to uncommon. Toon Link has been moved to semi-common.

Edited by Penkid11

Just to spark some discussion, what do you all think of Splatoon? I think it has potential, but I'm not all too interested. Perhaps a demo could change my mind. I mean who wouldn't want to play a shooter with free online multiplayer, right?

I really like what I've seen so far. I don't know if its the squids, or the ink, or what, but something about the idea just seems right. :tongue:

I'll probably end up pre-ordering it.

Who wants to see an Inkling amiibo? :drool:

Who wants to see an Inkling amiibo? :drool:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were the next series of Amiibo. They have plenty of unique characters too. Of course, it'll probably just be the multiple colors and types of inklings and that'll be it...

Unless they are part of the Smash Bros. line...

Let's all digest the thought of Smash DLC for a moment.