PenPlays

Nintendo Discussion

DOUBLE POST.

How's about that Shovel Knight amiibo?

Also, I can't seem to find anyone taking preorders on Zip Lash with the Chibi-Robo amiibo online anymore.

It's a shame that it was leaked, if I had seen it with no knowledge, I would have died. I'm extremely excited. Also apparently the physical versions of the game has raised in price because they are also including the soundtrack with every purchase.

Anything for Jake Kaufman to get more money is money well spent.

Chibi Robo has been a serious issue when it comes to pre-orders. In the US, the Amiibo only comes in the bundle, but there are only pre-orders out there for a game without the Amiibo. I think it's odd, because we are getting really close to release, and I really, really want one.

But in all seriousness, this is the Amiibo that no one can deny they want.

2927203-5905223887-CNLC0.jpg

This is literally the cutest, and best Amiibo I have ever seen. Only a Kirby Plush Amiibo could dethrone it as my favorite...

Also that Limited Edition Xenoblade X bundle is mighty tempting.

Edited by Penkid11

My only issue with the Yarn Yoshi amiibos is that they're going to be extremely difficult to keep clean, ugh. When i get one, I'll probably keep 'em in box.

Regarding Shovel Knight, I wonder if this opens up the door for more 3rd party amiibo. Take Sonic Boom, yes we've all heard how bad it was, but I was disappointed there was no Sonic amiibo functionality in game. Maybe this'll change down the line as more 3rd party games are put out with amiibo in mind.

As for Super Mario Maker, anyone think Shovel Knight will be compatible?

But in all seriousness, this is the Amiibo that no one can deny they want.

I kind of want it... but I also really want the pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo considering that Pink Yoshi has been my main in Smash since Melee. If the big one came in pink, there'd be no question about that being the one I'd want.

I recently pre-ordered the Splatoon amiibo 3-pack, which will be the first set of amiibo I've owned. I've been enjoying Splatoon a lot and would not mind extending my gameplay experience with the amiibo content, and from what I've seen the quality of the Splatoon amiibo seems higher than some of the others.

My only issue with the Yarn Yoshi amiibos is that they're going to be extremely difficult to keep clean, ugh. When i get one, I'll probably keep 'em in box.

Regarding Shovel Knight, I wonder if this opens up the door for more 3rd party amiibo. Take Sonic Boom, yes we've all heard how bad it was, but I was disappointed there was no Sonic amiibo functionality in game. Maybe this'll change down the line as more 3rd party games are put out with amiibo in mind.

As for Super Mario Maker, anyone think Shovel Knight will be compatible?

-True

-Nintendo has stated that they are willing to try more third party Amiibo

-Shovel Knight is not compatible with Super Mario Maker

The Amiibo Availability Chart has been updated: Wave 5b has begun pre-orders. R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game and Watch are available in an exclusive 3-pack at Gamestop, Dr. Mario is exclusive to Target, and (if rumors are to be believed) Bowser Jr. is exclusive to Toys R Us. Classic 8-Bit Mario and Modern 8-Bit Mario will be offered at different times (possibly the same time, but the latter will be a Walmart Exclusive). Mii Fighters will only be in a 3-Pack in the US. They release November 1st. Mewtwo is scheduled for November 13th alongside the Animal Crossing Amiibo. Mega Yarn Yoshi releases that Sunday, and Falco on November 20th alongside Star Fox Zero.

Gonna hit up Gamestop at lunch tomorrow to see if I can in-store preorder Zip Lash with the amiibo. Gotta go in for my Xenoblade SE preordrer, anyway. (So glad they finally announced the details on that. After almost a month with no news I was beginning to think it was cancelled.)

EDIT: EVERYWHERE'S SOLD OUT OF THE XCX SE! ARGH ARGH ARGH.

Edit to the Edit: Oh. Hey. GameStop put up presales for XCX SE and Chibi-Robo with amiibo today. Got both those. Now I can stop whining (for a while)!

Edited by obsidianheart

So who out there is enjoying Super Mario Maker? Anyone having fun with Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer?

Here's some news over the past month of inactivity:

-Pokemon GO is announced, a VR game that allows you to capture Pokemon in a real world setting

-Nintendo Directs will be continuing (it has also been the longest window of time since a Direct has released. 108 days).

-Star Fox Zero has been delayed until 2016 (no specific date)

-Hyrule Warriors Legends will include Toon Link

-More Animal Crossing Amiibo have been announced

-Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards have released. A 2nd Series has been announced.

-Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam support all Mario Themed Amiibo (Any iteration of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, and Toad/excludes Bowser Jr.)

-Final dates for all 2015 releases (more below)

-Amiibo restocks (lots of 'em) (more below)

Amiibo getting restocked:

-Little Mac

-Captain Falcon

-Fox

-Lucario (Exclusive to Toys R Us?)

-Greninja (No longer exclusive to Toys R Us)

-Shulk (No longer exclusive to Gamestop)

-Dark Pit (Exclusive to Best Buy)

-Villager

-Marth

Exclusives were timed! Yay! Unsure if Lucario is free from exclusivity. All but the last three Amiibo are now available at most Toys R Us locations. Best Buy will be getting them soon along with Dark Pit. Villagers have yet to show up in store distribution centers, but he's coming (probably waiting for Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival). King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ike, Lucina and Robin are now the only Amiibo who have yet to be restocked. Wave 5b is seeing an impressive show of stock. Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Dr. Mario, Classic 8-Bit Mario, Dr. Mario, and the Retro 3-Pack (Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B.) have all been consistently showing up in stores this past month.

Release dates (for US):

October 9th:

-Chibi-Robo Zip Lash (+Chibi-Robo Amiibo Bundle)

October 13th:

-Shovel Knight (Retail version)

October 16th:

-Yoshi's Wooly World (+Green Yarn Yoshi Bundle)

-Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo

-Blue Yarn Yoshi Amiibo

October 22nd

-The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

November 1st:

-Mii Fighter Amiibo 3-Pack (Swordfighter, Brawler, Gunner/Exclusive to Toys R Us)

November 13th:

-Animal Crossing Amiibo Party (only comes as a bundle with Isabelle and Digby Amiibo as well as exclusive variants of the Stitches, Rosie, and Bunnie Amiibo Cards)

-Tom Nook Amiibo

-Mable Amiibo

-Animal Crossing 3-Pack (Cyrus, K.K., Reese)

-Mewtwo Amiibo (Smash Bros.)

November 15th:

-Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo

November 20th:

-Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (replacing Star Fox Zero, due to its delay)

-Falco Amiibo (Smash Bros.)

November 22nd:

-Lottie Amiibo (Animal Crossing)

December 4th:

-Xenoblade Chronicles X

Unknown:

-Shovel Knight Amiibo (Indie Amiibo)

-Mr. Resetti Amiibo (Animal Crossing)

-Blathers Amiibo (Animal Crossing)

-Celeste Amiibo (Animal Crossing)

-Kicks Amiibo (Animal Crossing)

-Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Series 2

-Lucas Amiibo (Smash Bros.)

-Roy Amiibo (Smash Bros.)

-Ryu Amiibo (Smash Bros.)

-Star Fox Zero

-Hyrule Warriors Legends

-Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

-Metroid Prime: Federation Force

-The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)

EDIT: The Mii Fighter Amiibo 3-Pack is Exclusive to Toys R Us.

Edited by Penkid11

UGHHHH the new Paper Mario game was revealed today. Such a nonchalant reveal, it's like they're expecting for it to get some flack. :hmpf:

Because, it deserves the flack it will get. It's literally Sticker Star 2. Card battles... woohoo. World map travel. Probably no partners. All based around a gimmick. :ugh:

Paper Mario 64 was awesome. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was amazing. I love the turn-based battle system, story, and humor for those two. I appreciate Super Paper Mario but I was sad to see it divert from the original formula. But it had heart to it. Now, then came Sticker Star. Which had good music and... well, that was it. It wasn't funny, it felt rushed and like it didn't have heart, and was all based around a gimmick. Again diverting from the original style. And now we got the next installment... and it looks like Sticker Star 2. :wacko:

Pokemon Sun and Moon are a thing now!

It might be my first 3DS pokemon purchase, i'm excited. :classic:

So this direct was... the average late winter/early spring direct. Lotsa RPG news. Really don't like "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE's" name. Glad that it's subtitled though, as a dub would have ruined the game.

Glad to see Paper Mario in HD. My brother was a big fan of Sticker Star. He's quite excited about this one.

I'm also quite happy to see that Star Fox isn't going to be delayed further. Surprised by Starfox Guard, but why, WHY is it being sold as a separate game? No one is going to buy it! It will surely be Captain Toad Tier when it comes to sales. Sad that the Arwing Amiibo got scrapped.

So where exactly did Monster Hunter get a fanbase? I hear no one ever talk about it, but somehow it gets hyped... why?

Hyrule Warriors was a gold mine of hours of content, and I can't wait for Legends' Season Pass. Medli is a wonderful addition, and that Wind Waker Ganondorf is a FAR better freebie than Dark Link could ever be.

The real star here was Kirby though. Not exactly the Kirby Air Ride 2 that I've been waiting for, but Triple Deluxe was fantastic, and although gimmicky looking (heck all Kirbys are gimmicky) Planet Robobot looks great.

And lastly...

Kirby Amiibo. Get hype.

Personally, I'm really excited for the new Paper Mario. I don't think Sticker Star was perfect or flawless by any means, but you know what? I thoroughly enjoyed it either way. I'm sure this new one will be similar, if not better.

Apart from that, the part of the Direct that had me most excited was the new Kirby. I'm a sucker for Kirby any day of the week, but a follow-up to Triple Deluxe with Kirby riding a giant robot? Now you're speaking my language!

I'm still on the fence about Star Fox Zero. I've never played a Star Fox game, and while so many screens and videos scratch that Star Wars: Rogue Squadron itch I've had since the N64, the control scheme sounds intimidating and I doubt I'll be confident enough in it to dive in until I've tried it myself.

I'm still playing Xenoblade. Twilight Princess HD gets here Monday (I didn't pony up for the fast shipping), and after that I've got Fatal Frame I need to play (can't do that in front of the kid!). The newly-announced stuff looks good (for the most part), but I don't got a ton of time to play it. Might get Hyrule Warriors Legends just so I can dump them all into the Wii U version.

Finally got Gamecube Wind Waker for my first wave Wii, I don't own a Wii U. It's the first time playing and I absolutely love it. Feels like Assasin's Creed IV borrowed a lot from it.

News ahead of today's investors meeting.

3DS sales dropped 61% this year due to a lack of big titles (surprised?)

E3 will be Legend of Zelda focused. The NX will be a no-show.

Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are the next Nintendo App games.

The NX (name still unofficial) will release in March 2017.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U will be available for NX as well... and has thus been delayed until 2017!!

Zelda 2017 will be the only title Nintendo will have available on the E3 show floor.

What is going on here!?! First we get another delay, then we're told the NX will be an E3 no-show, and to top it all off Zelda 2017 will be the only playable game? Is there even going to be a digital event/press conference!?! Please let there be an Amiibo line on the way!!!

Also, have some new Link art for the new game

Shades of the original Twilight Princess release, there. Also, I imagine they want to take another round of polish to it after the middling reviews Star Fox has garnered. I haven't really been keeping up with news much, though.

Edit: Frickin' original Xenoblade Chronicles finally coming out for the North American Virtual Console on Thursday. I've got my physical copy loaned out, soooooo I guess I'm gonna buy it.

Edited by obsidianheart

8 hours ago, Young Leo said:

*ZeldaBotWsnip*

This game is going to be amazing.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

So who got their pre-orders in for the Nintendo Switch? I did. And how about that release date? Price seemed high until I realized that the hardware within the Joycons themselves undoubtedly cost a fortune (I mean look at how expensive they Joycon's are on their own).

Sadly as it turns out, the Master Edition of BotW is online only when it comes to pre-orders, and they revealed this after it was sold out everywhere. :angry:

I feel that Nintendo is taking advantage of us Zelda fans. The Amiibo are $16 this time around with the exclusion of the Guardian which will be $20.

Also don't you just looove alll the launch titles they announced...

It's smaller than the Wii U's launch lineup, and all they have is BotW when it comes to AAA titles. Would've been better with that new game, Arms, or perhaps Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. 1-2-Switch is shovelware. It's a collection of simple party games for $50. You know, instead of being the ideal pack-in title with the console. Expect it to be in bargain bins in 6 months.

Not gonna lie, I'm buying a Switch eventually for a certain franchise that starts with "X", but I sure do hate the new art-style for the sequel.

Breath of the Wild Looks fantastic, but I have an odd relationship with Zelda games. Usually around the middle I kinda say "I'mma stop for a minute" and don't come back for 5 years (this is not hyperbole). My son is excited about Mario Odyssey, but he doesn't actually play games, he makes other people do it so he can watch. There's a new Shin Megami Tensi announced, and I know a guy who'll but one for that. I know another who preordered based solely on the merit of a promise of the fullest version of Binding of Issac. The rest of it fails to capture me, but I'm sure 3rd party announcements will begin rolling out soon.

43 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Not gonna lie, I'm buying a Switch eventually for a certain franchise that starts with "X", but I sure do hate the new art-style for the sequel.

Breath of the Wild Looks fantastic, but I have an odd relationship with Zelda games. Usually around the middle I kinda say "I'mma stop for a minute" and don't come back for 5 years (this is not hyperbole). My son is excited about Mario Odyssey, but he doesn't actually play games, he makes other people do it so he can watch. There's a new Shin Megami Tensi announced, and I know a guy who'll but one for that. I know another who preordered based solely on the merit of a promise of the fullest version of Binding of Issac. The rest of it fails to capture me, but I'm sure 3rd party announcements will begin rolling out soon.

Glad I'm not the only one who has that issue with Zelda games! I've started but not finished Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker HD, and while the former two are partially due to wanting to transfer my data from my Wii to my Wii U but losing some of the cables I need to hook both systems up at once, my general desire to get 100% completion, combined with the difficulty of doing so before the final boss battle, does not help matters. I have a better track record with the portable games (including Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for 3DS), so hopefully the portability of the Switch makes it easier for me to complete Breath of the Wild.

Despite being a lifelong Nintendo fan I've never really been an early adopter, but that might change with the Switch. My birthday is at the end of March and the Switch seems like it'd be a fun console to have while I'm up at college, despite the somewhat paltry launch library. And there are certainly enough good games on the horizon to justify getting the system eventually—it's just a question of when that happens.

I didn't put in a preorder for the Switch yet (went to sleep right after the presentation and they were all sold out in Canada by the morning); it's $400 CDN for the Switch and $80 for BOTW, which is a hefty sum of money. I weighed the option of buying a Wii U to play BOTW but it's going to be rendered obsolete by the Switch, so what's the point?

Whatever, I have till March-April to make a decision anyways.

Ok WB beated the crap out of Disney here

Winnie the Pooh looked like a haunted stuffed bear compared with this. LOVE that Pikachu

But I can't but get some Ted/Rocket Raccoon vibes here. I do like like cheeky humor, but I hope this will be more like The LEGO Movie style

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But I can't but get some Ted/Rocket Raccoon vibes here. I do like like cheeky humor, but I hope this will be more like The LEGO Movie style

It could be Ryan Reynolds giving off an vibe. On a slightly different note, I thought it was T. J. Miller doing the voice for Pikachu at first until I saw Ryan Reynolds name. (Witch might be good because I think T. J. Miller is annoying. But I will say this the Transformer movie he was in was good because they kill him off. :devil_laugh: ) 

I'm mixed on Ryan Reynolds. I love him. I sort've wished they would've gone more out of the box with Pikachu's casting.

HOWEVER I think he'll still be fantastic in the role.

It'll all come down to writing. 

Fingers crossed.