SpeedingWilly

MOC: Lego Train Station 60050 XXL!

Looks great again! Now add some extra passengers and the HE and then it looks even better.. But i like the setup like it is!!

And that's a little but a drawback. :( I live in an apartment and I have no space for a layout, especially not with the station :). I'm waiting until I sell the apartment (on sale for 4 years now!). I hope to move before my daughter is old enough to play with all my trains...

Ah, that's a pity... My girlfriend and I lived in an apartment to, and I couldn't build a permanent lay out there, too... We moved to Scheemda last year and now I have a legroom with a (semi)permanent lay out in progress... I sympathise! I hope you can move soon and be able to actually use this fantastic station for your trains!

Thank you for al the nice comments. Eventually, if I move to a bigger place (which can take a while), I will post some pictures of this MOC in a bigger layout and with some trains (e.g. my double HE).

I will upload the LDD design if there is interest.

Edited by SpeedingWilly

Below is a version with three tracks, so each platform is in use for one line.

full.png

Such a station have a big issue. A train like HE or ICE can't go a the left platform. They need nearly one straight track before the platform or the nose of the train will hit it.

I like this a lot - you've kept a similar style and scale that would be used if this were an official Lego product, and personally I always appreciate that in MOCs. :) In fact I'm tempted to "borrow" this design for my own layout! For variety's sake I think you ought to change the Kiosk/Lego store on one of the platforms into a different pair of shops. Something I thought the actual set was lacking is a booking office of some sort.

Such a station have a big issue. A train like HE or ICE can't go a the left platform. They need nearly one straight track before the platform or the nose of the train will hit it.

The left train track is only for showing purpose. I will park the short red passenger train over there. The right track is for the long HE and the extended white passenger train (with 5 wagons). The middle track is for cargo trains to pass.

I will post 2 final rendered pictures of the station in about a few days. Takes more than 3 days to render ;)

OK, but you will perhaps have to had a straight between the platform and the curve. ICE need 3/4 of straight for clearance, red passenger may need less. I forget to tell it's a nice station.

OK, but you will perhaps have to had a straight between the platform and the curve. ICE need 3/4 of straight for clearance, red passenger may need less. I forget to tell it's a nice station.

Yes, I will add extra straight tracks if needed. For the photo, and in the rendered pictures below, these tracks are not present.

To finalize this MOC, I rendered 2 viewpoints with POV-Ray.

full.png

full.png

Can you tell me what the dimensions are of the station with 2 tracks, using your original MOC? I will only be able to fit that one in my layout, and am interested in the total depth, and height.

Very nice! Looks great without being a 6000+ piece monstrosity! A little off topic but how did you show the trains on your LDD plans? Surly, you didn't build them brick by brick just to decorate your station.

Very nice! Looks great without being a 6000+ piece monstrosity! A little off topic but how did you show the trains on your LDD plans? Surly, you didn't build them brick by brick just to decorate your station.

I downloaded the lxf files of the trains (from this forum ;)) and I pasted these trains in my train station design (indeed just for decoration and the measure the length of the double HE to match the length of the large platform).

Thanks for the info. Still many features of LDD that I havent explored! ummm....where are those LDD files located on EB?

Station looks a lot better i think with three platforms, it is always nice to have room for your local passenger train to wait/load/unload passengers whilst an express or heavy goods train passess through.

On the note of cutting switches mentioned above by 'antsiranean' I have also done this and just simply used a Stanley Knife to do it. I did put a fresh blade in to make sure it was sharp. I also fixed one to a baseplate first to help with alignment. They do work very well and look so much better than standard.

very nice, im going to have a play myself just loking to see how long a need to make the platforms so my longer trans can stop with ease

I know this is an old thread but I just started getting back into trains and really like the train station layout here.  Sadly the .lxf file doesn't seem to work with LDD.  Do old files not work with the new software or was it just a bad file upload?

On ‎18‎-‎10‎-‎2014 at 12:36 PM, SpeedingWilly said:

See attachment for LDD file.

60050_train_station_XXXXL_MOC.lxf

i have LDD 4.3 and i can't open the LDD-file 

can someone help my

ik heb LDD 4.3 en ik kan het bestand niet openen kan iemand me helpen