SpeedingWilly

MOC: Lego Train Station 60050 XXL!

Hi all. This is my first post, and also my first MOC! The Train station 60050 XXL!

As shown in the pictures of the MOC made in LDD, the train station is based on the 2014 train station 60050. My goal was to create a large train station with two separate tracks and three platforms. One platform and station has to be big enough to facilitate my Horizon Express XL (10233, 2 HE sets). The other side of the station must be suited for smaller trains (e.g. the red passenger train 7938). I do actually own these passenger trains.

The total MOC consists of three sets of train station 60050 complemented with extra bricks (for the larger platforms and the middle platform and the passenger bridge). The passenger bridge is an adapted version of the bridge used in station 7937.

The LDD designs show the MOC. I already finished building the two stations. The Lego pieces for the middle platform are ordered and I must order the Lego pieces for the bridge. I will upload pictures of the actual build if it is finished.

What do you think?

full.png

full.png

full.png

full.png

full.pngfull.pngfull.pngfull.pngfull.png

full.pngfull.png

Looks nice, just a quick question, does the emerald night fit into the shorter side?

Would it be possible for me to see the ldd file?

Last one, I promise, is there a list of the extra parts you used?

Edited by Fish777

Nice work there......though the shop on the other side should be a newsagent or something else......fair enough about the food kiosk - people must eat ! :wink:

Brick On LDD On 'SpeedingWillly'! :grin:

It looks impressive but if I were you I'd leave out the middle platform and use those parts to just have longer platforms on either side of the double track. In reality you rarely have a platform on both sides of a track.

Looks nice, just a quick question, does the emerald night fit into the shorter side?

Last one, I promise, is there a list of the extra parts you used?

See the pictures for an impression of the EN 'visiting' my station.

I don't have a list of the 'extra' parts, only the complete list of all the parts (according to LDD).

full.png

full.png

full.png

I think the 2-track version looks more Lego-ish and concentrated, I like that :). If you want to stick to what would happen IRL, then you will need 4 or 5 tracks before three plafforms will normally be used (the island platform can serve tracks 2 and 3). It's Lego anyway, and if you stick to 2 tracks with 3 platforms you will have a lot of room for other buildings around your station. Maybe you can add a post office section since trains used to have mail cars?

I'll go for the 3 track version. I only have to order bricks for the bridge, the rest is already finished. And if I need some more space, it's quite easy to switch to a 2 track version (only shorten the bridge and the roof).

I agree with Legosjaak and Nezz and you seem to have already decided: go for the three tier version, it looks great (and in my humble opinion) also rather 'realist'. Please post pictures when you finished building it!

Nice work, would love to see it built in bricks and see it in a layout!!!

I Will post pictures as soon as I finished the build. I'm now on holiday, so it will be October. Unfortunately, I don't have space for a full layout ;(.

ToDo:

- order Lego pieces for the bridge

- make real-life pictures

I go for the 3-track layout.

That's really nice! I quite like it. Simple, yet effective. I notice you've cut your switches - any tips on how best to do that? I want to do it myself, but haven't quite the guts.

That's really nice! I quite like it. Simple, yet effective. I notice you've cut your switches - any tips on how best to do that? I want to do it myself, but haven't quite the guts.

I first used a Dremel on a test piece of Lego. That didn't work. But after that, I took the blade from a Stanley knife (only the metal blade), place it on the Lego to cut and I used a hammer to drill through it. Works like a charm and very precise and neat!

In real life it looks even better than in LDD. A very, very cool looking station that I'd love to have, to be honest... And it works very well with the cut switches! Now, of course you will have to show us how it looks in your layout... Ha! :grin:

Now, of course you will have to show us how it looks in your layout... Ha! :grin:

And that's a little but a drawback. :( I live in an apartment and I have no space for a layout, especially not with the station :). I'm waiting until I sell the apartment (on sale for 4 years now!). I hope to move before my daughter is old enough to play with all my trains...