strangely

66 Batmobile (LB3 MOC)

So after seeing the the Comic-Con footage of Lego Batman 3 I decided to recreate the 66 Batmobile in LDD. It was a long process of going through footage to discern the wide variety of pieces used in the build. The middle section was a bit harder to put together as there wasn't a lot of footage of that section being built (Plus the red chasis being used as a base was a bit of a surprise).

15060709861_3f711edeb8_c.jpg

As you can see it's not completely accurate to the game. Right off the bat the gold grille is not held in the same way, but that's because LDD won't let the clip hold the grille. Also colors don't completely match, especially the greys. Trying to differenciate shades of grey is annoying, so it's not perfect. Fortunately all the varying shades of grey are in the inside where it can't be seen on the renders.

14877025519_baaca161d6_c.jpg

And the back!

At some point I will actually have a physical model rather than just a render. In fact I'm halfway done with building it with real bricks. But it'll be a while still before it's done. The two red chasis were hard to find and I literally had to order them from another country. Interestingly enough all the pieces needed to build this actually exist with one notable exception. Unfortunately that size of mudguard doesn't come in red as of now, so it will be black on the physical model I'm building. So at some point I'll update this thread with pictures of it in the flesh, until then enjoy these poorly lit renders (It takes forever for my computer to render and I'm not going to fix my lighting mistake).

It's like waiting for a bus. Nothing for a while and then 2 Batmobiles come along almost at once :classic:

I like this very much, it's really nice 'build' :thumbup:

I'm clueless as regards this rendering malarkey as shown by me thinking, albeit for a moment or several, these were 'in the brick' and not having a clue about the lighting mistake you refer to. All looks damn good to me :classic:

Edited by grum64

This looks very nice! I do have one or two issues with it. First off, the wheels seem to be stuck out too far from the rims for my liking. That's probably my personal preference, though. Also, something seems off to me at the front. Maybe it's the two studs exposed there, but it seems like there could be room for improvement.

I do love everything else about it, don't get me wrong. The back looks very nice and smooth. The wings/fins on the sides look very nice as well, as does the drivers seat area. :thumbup:

Hahaha this reminds of a party I went to at Bruce's house! Hahaha he actually still has this bat mobile on display hahaha. Great rendition!

You've done a great job in recreating the car from the game. Although Lego could've done a better job in designing, it really does have the spirit of that famous car. I like how they did the slanted fins.