And still collecting parts for my Actros, have al the tires even for a side tipping trailer.

But another question, whitch motor is better to use, the older heavier mini 9v motor or the newer lighter version?

Or are the the same.

Doesn't really matter. Performance is about the same. Get whichever you can find.

Are you referring to these motors?

5114-1.jpg?05225-1.jpg?0

Supposedly the right-hand one is stronger and better. However, I have 7 of the left-hand ones, which all still work, and the single right-hand one I have is stuck. I already had it replaced once, because the original also got stuck after being unused for some time. I don't know why though, maybe the internal gearing got rusty or something...

No he, is talking about the two different versions of the right hand motor. There is a lighter and heavier version that look the same.

If you are building this model from scratch, implement the new powerfunctions M-motor instead of the old-new-v2 9V motor. At the same RPM the M-motor is twice as strong.

Are you referring to these motors?

5114-1.jpg?05225-1.jpg?0

Supposedly the right-hand one is stronger and better. However, I have 7 of the left-hand ones, which all still work, and the single right-hand one I have is stuck. I already had it replaced once, because the original also got stuck after being unused for some time. I don't know why though, maybe the internal gearing got rusty or something...

I had a similar kind of problem. 5 years ago my motor was not running at all. It was even not possible to turn it by hand.

After opening the motor I saw that the permanent magnet was totally fragmented.

I had to replace the motor.

If you are building this model from scratch, implement the new powerfunctions M-motor instead of the old-new-v2 9V motor. At the same RPM the M-motor is twice as strong.

As Jelmer suggests, implement the new powerfunction motors. They are much stronger then the old type of motors.

As Jelmer suggests, implement the new powerfunction motors. They are much stronger then the old type of motors.

Much of that apparent additional "power" in PF motors is due only to reduced gearing. You can always get more torque by gearing down, and torque is what most people really mean when they say power. Even the original 4.5V motor in the Expert Builder line had plenty of power to move a giant tracked crane (8888) when properly geared. The old 9V motors could perform amazing feats under the right circumstances as well. Use whatever motor you have and fits your model geometry. Use gears to do the rest. That's what makes Technic fun!

I had a similar kind of problem. 5 years ago my motor was not running at all. It was even not possible to turn it by hand.

After opening the motor I saw that the permanent magnet was totally fragmented.

I had to replace the motor.

I think it is the same problem. I can't move mine by hand either. I'll try to open mine, to see what happened.

... and torque is what most people really mean when they say power ...

'Sad', but very true.

Similar confusing concept: If you take a very heavy box, move it 1 floor up, then bring it one floor down, you've done zero net work. Most people would answer: What? But you do get tired! Can't be that you've done zero work.

Similar confusing concept: If you take a very heavy box, move it 1 floor up, then bring it one floor down, you've done zero net work. Most people would answer: What? But you do get tired! Can't be that you've done zero work.

You've done zero work on the box, but your body has converted plenty of chemical energy to heat!

The four stud long old 9v motor produces about 6N.cm @340RMP, the new M-motor produces 11N.cm @400RPM, if you normalise both to the same RPM and ignore losses due to friction you will see that the new M-motor produces twice the amount of torque at the same speed as opposed to the four stud long 9v motor.

10N.cm vs. 22N.cm @200RPM.

https://m.facebook.c.../?ref=bookmarks

Here is an update from the build of my version of the Actros

Get this error message when I click:

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Heyy,look at that! It's definitely starting to shape up! :thumbup:

Like I said to you; I really hope this model lives up to you expectations, as you seem to have invested a lot of time and money in research and parts! I have examined the LDraw model earlier, and it's definitely not a straightforward build if that is all you're going from! :thumbup: Do the functions so far work as expected?

The pneumatics work so far, only tested it with a manual pump cylinder, don't have the bb yet.

I know the switches on the crane work, tested them when I got them.

The LDraw is incomplete here and there.

The mounting point of the trailer coupling was not good, fixed that.

Also there was some flexing horizontally ate the point where the front and rear half are connected, fixed that to.

Also finding the way to route all the pneumatic hoses will take some time.

Have to order some at a site that sells it by the meter.

Also have to spray paint the pneumatic cylinders white, because I want the crane to be as white as possible.

And it is big!!!

It is already 70cm long and with the wheel on the scale it is already at 1740 grams.

I like your progress on this. Just a thought, cann't you use a white tape instead of paint on your pneumatic cylinders? It's less permanent and easier to apply in most cases.

Great news, the Actros is almost done.

A few plates and pneumatic parts and it is finished!

Also a trailer with a side tipping dumpbed is almost done.

It is 126 cm long with the trailer.

Pics on Brickshelf, maybe not yet public

Well, it is the truck Sandman build years ago.

I've just build it with the instructions, so can't take the credit for this beautiful model.

I've only made some small mods, but most of them aren't visible from the outside, the rooflights are my own idea.

Only the trailer is part own design.

I'm asking Toby to make me stickers for the truck.

Will be very cool when completely done.

Edited by Dafgek81

I have good news!!!!

Apart from stickers and the clamshell bucket, it is done.

Took about 11,5 meters of pneumatic hose, but it's done.

Only downside, the old motor on the compressor does not have enough torque to build the pressure for all things to work.

Have to replace it with a M-motor and a PF to old 9V connector.

Placed photos on Brickshelf, but will have to wait till it's public.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=561622

Or for the ones that have Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/christian.hagen.54/media_set?set=a.1175527535808932.1073741877.100000550908134&type=3

Edited by Dafgek81