ghostmind

2015 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think the official release date is August.

August? Okay... No wonder they aren't available on S@H. I wonder why Lego lets retailers sell those so far in advance of the official launch date.

I wonder if TLG reads the forum :wink: The new Friends sets are available at S@H now, and the automatic addition of the minigolf poly seems to work now, as well. Great!

Brickset just discovered an amazing new set! http://brickset.com/...ke-City-Airport

2 exclusive figs, huge jet!, and the airport isn't half bad!

Interesting, I guess LEGO airport collectors would be happy to embrace this violet plane more than the private jet, But is it's just me or the main pilot, using Andrew's face, looks too young..?

An independent resort airport series would be interesting, but perhaps targeted girls wouldn't like to see a whole wave feature a city-like subtheme.

Just got to see Pop Star Limousine in my local store. I feel like something is missing there, but perhaps Palace Cinema can complement with it. :classic:

A few months ago I saw the May 23 release date for some of these new summer Friends sets and was anxiously visiting all the local stores in anticipation of them clearing out 2014 Friends sets to make space, but nothing. Must be all in August. So now two months of watching for the first signs of clearance!

I just found out about the large 41109 airport set set by seeing it on eBay. I had the private jet as a low-priorty set to get, but I really want this jumbo jet set (despite it having what look like only three passenger seats hah).

I find that I'm oddly a little hesitant about the Grand Hotel. I think it's the pearl gold parts, which I noticed that I have a significant dislike for in the Disney sets as well. I love the classic pirate gold pieces, perhaps because they're shiny rather than matte like pearl gold is. /ramble

A few months ago I saw the May 23 release date for some of these new summer Friends sets and was anxiously visiting all the local stores in anticipation of them clearing out 2014 Friends sets to make space, but nothing. Must be all in August. So now two months of watching for the first signs of clearance!

I just found out about the large 41109 airport set set by seeing it on eBay. I had the private jet as a low-priorty set to get, but I really want this jumbo jet set (despite it having what look like only three passenger seats hah).

I find that I'm oddly a little hesitant about the Grand Hotel. I think it's the pearl gold parts, which I noticed that I have a significant dislike for in the Disney sets as well. I love the classic pirate gold pieces, perhaps because they're shiny rather than matte like pearl gold is. /ramble

I like the pearl gold (Warm Gold) better than "chrome" gold in most situations specifically because it's less shiny. In real life, most gold-colored things aren't so shiny you can see your face in them, and that intensely reflective shine also just feels out-of-place to me alongside the more "plasticky" colors of other LEGO bricks. I can't help but think that sets like the Heartlake Grand Hotel or Kopaka: Master of Ice from this year's LEGO Bionicle sets would look utterly garish in chrome gold. I feel the same about other chrome colors. As stand-alone treasures, sure, they're fine. But as an integral part of a set's entire color scheme, I'd rather have a more subdued pearl color (or in some cases, even a non-metallic color) that doesn't look like it's been polished daily. And I say this as somebody who grew up during a proliferation of chrome parts.

I like the pearl gold (Warm Gold) better than "chrome" gold in most situations specifically because it's less shiny. In real life, most gold-colored things aren't so shiny you can see your face in them, and that intensely reflective shine also just feels out-of-place to me alongside the more "plasticky" colors of other LEGO bricks. I can't help but think that sets like the Heartlake Grand Hotel or Kopaka: Master of Ice from this year's LEGO Bionicle sets would look utterly garish in chrome gold. I feel the same about other chrome colors. As stand-alone treasures, sure, they're fine. But as an integral part of a set's entire color scheme, I'd rather have a more subdued pearl color (or in some cases, even a non-metallic color) that doesn't look like it's been polished daily. And I say this as somebody who grew up during a proliferation of chrome parts.

I've always thought it looked like gold leaf, like this frame here:

veneto-goldleaf-frame-77lar.jpg

This is my review of one of the biggest LEGO Friends sets ever: The Grand Hotel in Heartlake City.

Check in! :classic:

Edited by Zusammengebaut

Something tells me the next few sets are going to be ski/snowsports related. Ski resort would be cool.

But is it's just me or the main pilot, using Andrew's face, looks too young..?

I agree, Luis and Peter have adult male torsos and faces so why can't David? This goes for characters like Sophie, Theresa and Naya not using the women torso.

Thank you all very much for the (links to the) reviews, the videos, pics, links and information! :classic:

Imo the Grand Hotel is the best Friends set we've seen so far! :wub:

The airport sets are nice - but two girlish for my taste. The limo looks decent - but six studs wide and open doesn't make it for me. :thumbup:

The grocery is the worst Friends set so far! :sick:

I'm looking forward to what 2016 will bring! I could well imagine a market garden and / or a supermarket. As for the huge summer set I fear for either a zoo or a ciruc. Fear? Yes, because the Friends animals are absolutely inproportional and don't fit in combination with City sets.

Klaus-Dieter

The grocery is the worst Friends set so far! :sick:

Do you think it's the worst set in the Friends line ever or do you just mean in the current wave? What do you dislike specifically?

I'm just asking because I'm curious as this set is a definite purchase for me. :classic:

I was eager for a Friends grocery and also found the pictures a little underwhelming, though I still plan on getting it. I guess I was hoping for something more like the Kwik-E-Mart: single-story and more than 16 studs deep. The actual set resembles many previous Friends sets, with a tiny store on the first floor, a place to sleep on the second floor, and some store items out in front. 41094 Heartlake Lighthouse first comes to mind, with 3185 Summer Riding Camp and 41037 Stephanie's Beach House also having this general design.

I wish the Grocery Store came with new food moulds/at least prints. The cereal from Juniors, waffle from The LEGO Movie and

chocolate milk from Simpsons could've easily appeared too. There's little to no food inside and there's no interesting food of the bunch, besides the pineapple.

I wonder why the Private Jet comes with the scanners, I thought the reason rich people used private jets was to avoid all that security BS. Or has that changed and private guys now need to go through scanners?

It's especially funny because 41109 Heartlake Airport does not have any kind of scanners, even though it's a huge (well, three seats) passenger jet for the general public.

Edited by Prairie

Something tells me the next few sets are going to be ski/snowsports related. Ski resort would be cool.

Oh please, oh please! I would love some winter themed Friends sets.

When you mention the grocery, do you mean the Heartlake Food Market? Set 41108. I was looking at the Lego Brand Catalog ( http://catalogs.lego.com/brandcatalog/brandcatalogue2hy2015/aus_2hy2015/ ) and it doesn't seem to be in there. Its not shown up anywhere on the USA side of the pond, far as I can find... I see it listed on the Ireland S@H site though... I wonder if they are planning on selling it here. Maybe its like a few other sets already available, that they are holding back here for later this year...

Wait, there's a Food Market set?

EDIT: Oh, there is. Neat.

lego-heartlake-food-market-set-41108-15-1.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci

Heartlake times has some good reviews of newest sets, check them out!

http://heartlaketimes.blogspot.com/

My favorites are Groccery shop( great for modding), Dressing room and Grand Hotel! I actualy promised myself that this part of year I'm going to spend my money only on friends and elves. It's hard but I really want glorious Grand hotel!

When you mention the grocery, do you mean the Heartlake Food Market? Set 41108. I was looking at the Lego Brand Catalog ( http://catalogs.lego...15/aus_2hy2015/ ) and it doesn't seem to be in there. Its not shown up anywhere on the USA side of the pond, far as I can find... I see it listed on the Ireland S@H site though... I wonder if they are planning on selling it here. Maybe its like a few other sets already available, that they are holding back here for later this year...

Its not in that Australian catalog because exclusive to K-Mart and retailer exclusives dont appear in the catalogs in Australia anymore (they used to though)

I bought the Grand Hotel this week, and boy it really is grand! There's some impressive details, like the grand piano, the breakfast buffet and the roof terrace pool. The working elevator is cool, too, but it could have been built better - now it's just a plate that moves up and down, and the minidolls really have to mind the gap. :tongue:

The brand new pieces that come with it - the half-circular window and the 1x1 gold brick with a spiral protrusion - will make for great details in any luxurious house. Plus there's a total of four golden frogs! :wub:

Here's some general pictures, but I can take more close-ups upon request.

grandhotel1.jpg

grandhotel2.jpg

grandhotel3.jpg

Here's a look at the Pop Star Limo- a Walmart exclusive in the US!

19994471610_3b0cfdf0d9_z.jpg

19559837874_69bbf10e9f_z.jpg

20174357012_534c33323d_z.jpg

20174357162_65a4565ac8_z.jpg

19995860069_17f0146e7b_z.jpg

The set itself is an awesome deal! You get a whole bunch for $25 USD. I love the design of the Limo itself, and I think it's gender-neutral enough to appeal to the City crowd. There's also some great pieces, like that front windscreen in smoke black, and the suitcase in pink.