just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

While I would like both Zeus and Artemis, I doubt it. Isn't Zeus wearing Lady Liberty's dress piece? It looks like an exact match though mirror as if the image was flipped. The hair looks like the Roman Emperor with the Garden Gnome beard.

Well... They said there are more worlds planned for the MMO. Maybe (and this is just speculation) some of the S13 will be tied to those worlds, just like S12.

And as for the centaur, he is too bulky for the CMF's blind bags (far more than S10 Medusa's tail). I think he would have been a better choice for the LEGO Minifigures: Character Encyclopedia instead of the Toy Soldier, which could have been in a regular series.

Here is another image of Artemis. She has the S12 Battle Goddess torso and the S2 Spartan skirt recolored, but I think her hairpiece is new (and amazing!)

Same goes with Zeus, he has the S6 Lady Liberty robe but recolored and flipped.

15199076391_2a50b646d2_o.png

Since S13 is supposedly to be released on Jan 1st I hope we'll get more information soon (early october, at least)

The hair looks like the Roman Emperor

He has a new hairpiece.

Edited by Robert8

And as for the centaur, he is too bulky for the CMF's blind bags (far more than S10 Medusa's tail). I think he would have been a better choice for the LEGO Minifigures: Character Encyclopedia instead of the Toy Soldier, which could have been in a regular series.

The problem with that is that there was never any chance of a new mold being designed for an exclusive figure like that. It's completely economically infeasible, and has never been done before. The chances of a Centaur (even a dwarf centaur or something) are infinitely greater for a regular CMF series than for any sort of limited exclusive.

Edited by Lyichir

The problem with that is that there was never any chance of a new mold being designed for an exclusive figure like that. It's completely economically infeasible, and has never been done before. The chances of a Centaur (even a dwarf centaur or something) are infinitely greater for a regular CMF series than for any sort of limited exclusive.

Quite true for the part about a centaur being included with the book, but I agree with Robert8 that the Toy Soldier really should have been in one of the numbered series. That's a minifigure that would otherwise really lend itself to army-building, but who wants to buy dozens of copies of a nineteen-dollar book to do that?

Quite true for the part about a centaur being included with the book, but I agree with Robert8 that the Toy Soldier really should have been in one of the numbered series. That's a minifigure that would otherwise really lend itself to army-building, but who wants to buy dozens of copies of a nineteen-dollar book to do that?

It's offtopic. I like the Toy Soldier, but the challenge could be how to come up with a minifigure that can relate to the "diictionary". Maybe a professor using Grandpa head with a robe? I don't know. I agree with Lyichir that most dictionary exclusive figs aren't really vaulable in parts, so it's challenging for the designers.

Again, as said, I think a historical theme has better chances and reasons to introduce a centaur.

Here is another image of Artemis. She has is the S12 Battle Goddess torso and the S2 Spartan skirt recolored, but I think her hairpiece is new (and amazing!)

Same goes with Zeus, he has the S6 Lady Liberty robe but recolored and flipped.

15199076391_2a50b646d2_o.png

Since S13 is supposedly to be released on Jan 1st I hope we'll get more information soon (early october, at least)

I didn't see that MMO would introduce original characters just like the previous online game Universe did, despite the regular (physical) CMFs are the real stars in this game. With that said, I'm unwilling to see the same thing repeated that those popular game characters wouldn't become real minifigures in the end. The other delimma is that, suppose that they're physically made, would they also become playable in this game and confuse other players who can't tell the difference between NPCs and other players?

Edited by Dorayaki

Is there already a molded fishing pole piece? I was at Toys R Us today checking for polybags when I noticed more of those images than what the TRU website had. There were quite a few civilian prints I was unfamiliar with. Only the director felt like a fully realized CMF.

However, there was a guy in a plaid shirt holding a molded fishing pole that might be another possibility.

I took photos on my phone and can get them uploaded later tonight.

Is there already a molded fishing pole piece? I was at Toys R Us today checking for polybags when I noticed more of those images than what the TRU website had. There were quite a few civilian prints I was unfamiliar with. Only the director felt like a fully realized CMF.

However, there was a guy in a plaid shirt holding a molded fishing pole that might be another possibility.

There are in fact multiple molded fishing pole pieces now, including one created a while ago specifically for the Minifigures line (or so I presume, as it has now appeared multiple times in this theme but nowhere else as far as I know), having first appeared all the way back in Series 3, as well as both the next two series after that.

The other delimma is that, suppose that they're physically made, would they also become playable in this game and confuse other players who can't tell the difference between NPCs and other players?

I totally agree on this.

The fishing pole likes different than the Series 3 one to me. I just uploaded the photo to Flickr.

That is pretty sweet, but I doubt it's a new minifigure. His torso is a simple recolor of the Series 5 Lumberjack, and his face is not a new print.

The fishing pole likes different than the Series 3 one to me. I just uploaded the photo to Flickr.

Yeah, that's just the Lumberjacks torso in brown. It even has the "Kel" nametag (that I HATE, by the way. So limiting!).

Also, the face on that kid below it is... Disturbing. He doesn't look too good.

I doubt it's a new minifigure.

I concur.

And I think it's the same fishing pole we've seen before in previous series.

The other delimma is that, suppose that they're physically made, would they also become playable in this game and confuse other players who can't tell the difference between NPCs and other players?

Well, that's exactly what will happen with the S12 Wizard, Swashbuckler, Battle Goddess, Dino Tracker and Space Miner (and possibly the Jester too). They will become playable characters after Oct 1st and will be also NPC. So, let's see how that will work.

It's completely economically infeasible, and has never been done before.

You're totally right.

Dwarf centaur! Good idea... They might be able to make a centaur body smaller than a regular Lego horse. No reason Lego centaurs can't be smaller than their equine brethren... And then it'd be able to fit in a blind bag. (That said, I hope BF makes more, and/or that other vendors have plenty of stock at brick conventions... I'd still like to get a couple)

Don't know if someone already mentioned it, but the Director has been around on promotional materials for more than TWO YEARS now. Doesn't rule him out as a possible suspect, but it is a bit odd. Similar promotions featured a mountie (who used only existing pieces) and hockey player for the national team (who never existed in these colours) in Canada, which makes it less likely to me, that there is any indication behind them.

Personally I find the guy in his boxers way more interesting in terms of unusual designs.

but the Director has been around on promotional materials for more than TWO YEARS now.

I read that too. Apparently, he appeared in a promotional artwork (or something like that) of The LEGO Movie back in 2012, when it was still on the works. I did a little research but I couldn't find anything.

While that doesn't disqualify him as a possible CMF, now I think it's unlikely. (Which is a shame, since I really like him).

Besides, S13 was deleted from the Swiss site (the link is in the first post). :sceptic:

So, it seems we have no clue about Series 13.... again. :sadnew:

Anyway, thanks to just2good and Blakstone for posting those pictures and keeping us informed. :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

Remember that minifigures in Cloud Cuckoo scene from The LEGO movie. There were at least 10 minifigures that could be in the series, but they were not in TLM series or series 12. There was traffic policeman, the trucker....and that's all I remember

Remember that minifigures in Cloud Cuckoo scene from The LEGO movie. There were at least 10 minifigures that could be in the series, but they were not in TLM series or series 12. There was traffic policeman, the trucker....and that's all I remember

I can't exactly remember which they could be, but judging to my memory most of the background veterans from TLM are pretty generic and mostly overshadowed by the physical CMFs (sorry if this sounds offensive). And judging from that timeline, I don't think the movie already indicated some of the future CMFs after Simpsons.
Well, that's exactly what will happen with the S12 Wizard, Swashbuckler, Battle Goddess, Dino Tracker and Space Miner (and possibly the Jester too). They will become playable characters after Oct 1st and will be also NPC. So, let's see how that will work.
I haven't touched the game and hopefully I will. I wish this could indicate that TLG would also introduce these game characters physically by the same way. Edited by Dorayaki

I read that too. Apparently, he appeared in a promotional artwork (or something like that) of The LEGO Movie back in 2012, when it was still on the works. I did a little research but I couldn't find anything.

While that doesn't disqualify him as a possible CMF, now I think it's unlikely. (Which is a shame, since I really like him).

Besides, S13 was deleted from the Swiss site (the link is in the first post). :sceptic:

So, it seems we have no clue about Series 13.... again. :sadnew:

Anyway, thanks to just2good and Blakstone for posting those pictures and keeping us informed. :thumbup:

it wasn't The LEGO Movie, but a LEGO Film Festival in Germany: http://h20.jnbw.de/@/files/attachment:2122fee0e4a24e47a7b2748befdce939/Legonale.pdf

How do we know the Director is from S13 and not just promo artwork?

We don't. But it seems very likely.

In my own opinion, as pointed by figura, the Director has been a promotional material for two years which is highly unlikely to appear in this upcoming series.

Similar promotions featured a mountie (who used only existing pieces) and hockey player for the national team (who never existed in these colours) in Canada, which makes it less likely to me, that there is any indication behind them.

Links to both please? I wasn't even aware of this!

It seems the list of Series 12 first surfaced on 19th May 2014, so over 4 months before the 1st October release date. Therefore, if we do expect a January 1st release for Series 13 then potentially we could expect news imminently. However, if there are 3 series each year, wouldn't they be split 4 months apart? Could somebody remind me of the release dates in previous years?

I am hoping to see 3 regular series next year. I'm not bothered if other licensed series do appear, as long as they do not interfere with the regular series' release pattern, so please take note if you do read this forum Lego!

Licensed CMF takes the same production capability and shelf space as the non licensed ones... unfortunately.

Still I am pleased with what is in Series 12. Perhaps a reduced frequency with condense the great ideas.