just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

So seeing that Goblin headpiece... Does this mean that 'The Legend of Zelda'-Ideasprojects can be approved after all? No new molds to be made now.

These all look great! (except for the Cyclops with lipstick...). I epecially like that its so heavy in historical figs - I thought S12 had a lot of them, and S13 would be more city oriented

So, the Samurai is the 5th female (unless the fencer is too, and the number of females per series has gone up to six).

Oh, man, just saw LEGO post them on Facebook - these are great! I'm still trying to get as many as I want of Series 12, and now I want all these plus lots of multiples.

Agreed about certain figures' resemblances to Ming the Merciless and Burger King (which frankly just increases the appeal of both, for me). LOVE the fossil print on the Paleontologist's 1x1 round tile fossil. Looking forward to seeing the Fencer's face.

"I may be in the minority here, but I HATE this series. The only ones I like are the king, the goblin and the fencer

Honestly I don't care for this wave that much either. If they were only 3 bucks a pack, I might consider the Weiner man and the construction guy but if the codes are back, they'll probably be 4 bucks again.

Just add some notes to the final designs we've not seen before:

Fencer- an expectable design, but it's not a lady? If so, there are still only five ladies in this series, sadly.

"The other Samurai"- surprises me in a not so good way. Though a female Asian addition is good, I don't think a lady fit in this role, halfly due to Nya right there.

Two Space warriors- better than I thought, but I seriously expect one of them to be a lady in this case, not being another example like the two miner guys from S12.

King: A good reuse of the Fisherman beard with the fabulous crown headpiece.

Cyclop Lady- okay, better than the Robot Lady. I'm fine with the lipstick.

Many interetsing things make the whole series less like a rehashing. It's almost the same level with S12 but not the best series so far.

Edited by Dorayaki

Overall a very nice series.. but 3 euro a piece? I guess this will be the first series I am not going to complete.. and limit the amount of multiples too..

Spaceman look good but where are the wings and why does it have galaxy squad loges but does not really fit with the others?

Alien looks cool, is that a new gun?

The alien's gun is from TLM; many of the robots were armed with them.

The Galaxy Squad are the elite hero team... These Galaxy Troopers are, like, the general army/marine guys or something. Maybe he doesn't have wings? The clips on his back may just be for weapon storage. The FB pic has him holding his blasters angled outward, giving a wing-like silhouette... maybe that's why people thought "wings"?

Gonna grab several goblins! A whole case might not be bad, provided there aren't a dozen Disco Divas in each one :tongue:

Just add some notes to the final designs we've not seen before:

Fencer- an expectable design, but it's not a lady? If so, there are still only five ladies in this series, sadly.

She's a lady and 6 are more than enough actually.

"The other Samurai"- surprises me in a not so good way. Though a female Asian addition is good, I don't think a lady fit in this role, halfly due to Nya right there.

Not sure what you mean by Nya, but a woman perfectly fits the role. Female samurai certainly existed - even if they weren't as common as male ones. They're called onna-bugeisha, although they used naginatas more than katanas.

I think this series is great, and I want the king, the onna-bugeisha, fencer, snake-charmeber, orc, builder, whoever the guy in red is and the Egyptian warrior.

I NEED THE HOT DOG

He seems to be based on Ming the Merciless ...

Flash+Gordon+Max+Von+Sydow+Ming+the+Merciless.jpg

it is exactly the same!!!!

Edited by Rick

A quite good series! :thumbup:

The king is my favorite and I happy that the crown+hairpiece and the beard are separate parts. The Snake charmer, the Egyptian and the Goblin also looks great!

Worst is of course the Cyclops which is ruined by the lipstick. Without it it would've been a perfectly fine minifig and still be easily recognized as a female, I don't understand the designer's decision here.

YES!!! My thoughts:

Carpenter: Finally, we get a saw! The helmet is reused quite nicely, and I like the board.

Fencer: I like it, but I wish we could see the face.

Lady Cyclops: This may be an unpopular opinion, but I like her! Something about the makeup combined with the grumpiness makes her look hilarious! The Sand Blue is great as well. This is definitely the best of the "female nonhumans with makeup" trend.

Paleontologist: She looks nice, good to get another bespectacled female. That hat definitely looks good.

Space Trooper: The black-and-white confuses me. Is it in reference to an old space movie? The new armor is cool.

Disco Diva: Nice, a new afro color! She just looks like a lot of fun. Her funky outfit looks good, too.

Evil Wizard: WHOA! Cape much? That being said, it's lacking with the torch and lack of hair, but that printed cape looks awesome! Remember when we used to have those? That robe looks amazing as well. The Asian vibe is strong, but reading this page, it does make sense if it's a Ming ripoff.

Sheriff: This one looks pretty good. Still loving the 'stache.

Alien Trooper: Goodbye, Cthulhu. It still looks really freakin' good, surprisingly nice color scheme. The new gun is nice, but I'd dying to know if that's a mask or a molded head.

Samurai Girl (c'mon, that's going to be her name): She's meh. I love the decorated armor, but overall, it seems like an excuse to reuse the bun. Nya did it better.

Snake Charmer: Gimme that snake! He looks just as good now as he did a while ago.

King: Castle fans' lives can now be complete. This guy looks really good. The hair/crown, along with the much-awaited brown version of that beard...and another specialized cape!!! Wow, two new capes for this series? Both decorated? LEGO, you know how to win us over!

Unicorn Girl: Cute.

Goblin: GIVE ME 5000 of these! Oh my goodness, he's just perfect! He fits with Castle, Monster Fighters....just perfection. The new sack color is great, and the new hat is perfect. His face is just so adorably wicked! This is my top Minifigure for the series.

HDG: Well, this one looks good. Not really my interest, but he looks silly enough. He could have come with the sausage piece, though.

Egyptian Warrior: I really like his headdress. His whole look is great, actually. I will definitely get one or two.

I promise, this is my last "essay post" for a good while.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Every minifigure is great. Except Lady cyclops, but that is just one minifigure. There are usually more. This series is my favorite because of this, and because Hot Dog Guy is the best minifigure in the theme. My thoughts are:

Unicorn girl: No new and useful pieces, but the minifigure looks good.

Snake charmer: Great printing, (it would be great if flute was printed) and green cobra!

Samurai woman: Nice but not so detailed. I excepted something with more features or different accessories, or at least a helmet. But I hope her torso is useful.

Egyptan warrior: New shield mold?! Not something special or stunning but great minifigure with good parts.

Hot dog guy: The best CMF. Perfect. Amazing suit.

Galaxy trooper: Great colors. It looks like a character from a space fighting video game. He can fit in any space fighting theme.

Lady cyclops: Why?! This minifigure has no usage. I guess this was just for joke purposes, but there are so many other good ideas that would include better parts....

Fencer: I hope it's male but since there are only 5 it's probably not. The helmet and body are awesome! (Also isn't the sword supposed to be in the hand WITH a glove?)

Disco diva: I really like her. Combination of colors is great.

Alien trooper: It is cartoonish. But okay, the head is very useful and purple-blue-green color combo is fantastic. (Why no Cthulhu?)

Paleontologist: Great headpiece, but it would be even better if hair was blonde like on a prototype picture. Also this fossil piece is great and useful.

Sheriff: Nothing much to say but I like series 6 bandit reference.

King: Awesome and classic. The cape is new, and I like it's printing. It's even better that his beard and crown are separated.

Goblin: Looks like everybody wants millions of these! Well I got to say he looks pretty good. I will pick up only one.

Evil wizard: It is surprising how he doesn't have a hat but this way is better. Red eyes, of course, and another new cape printing.

Carpenter: After so many years we finally get a saw. Also orange Emmet's hat reuse is awesome.

So 5 castle minifigures, two epic space characters, a fencer, so many new molds and interesting minifigs, two suit people and a Hot Dog Suit guy which is the best CMF ever? This is definitely the best series.

Edited by Cagast

Oh i sincerely hope this series will be for sale in the Netherlands (the series with the yeti wasnt)!

I want to buy a few aliens, a few space troopers, hotdogguy (wow!), unicornlady (yeah!), Even though i dont collect castle stuff, i want that king, the evil wizard and a few goblins (awesome).

Maybe the fencer, the cobraguy, miss cyclops and the egyptian warrior.

Very good wave!!

I'll definitely get the carpenter, fencer, hot dog guy, paleontologist, and King. Will almost certainly end up getting the snake charmer, disco diva, and goblin too once I have the chance. *maybe* the 2 space figures, samurai, and sheriff. That King just strikes all the right kingly notes.

I just turned my notebook upsidedown to see how the egyptians shield looks if it were held the other way around.

It works! It looses the egyptian touch because the pyramids become triangles. This way it will be useful for many factions.

Do we get two new cuts of capes in this series? The kings pelt might be useful for veteran warriors.

Is the unicorns horn new in white? thats useful!

Edited by Wardancer

He seems to be based on Ming the Merciless ...

Flash+Gordon+Max+Von+Sydow+Ming+the+Merciless.jpg

Aw, I was going say that........as soon as I saw his image Queen's Flash started playing in my head........oh, time for a custom Flash Gordon ! :grin:

Now the carpenter is fantastic.....I have a tool belt similar to his and he looks like Bob with a five o'clock shadow ! :wink:

I wonder if the female Samurai is a female torso print under her armour....must be related to Nya and Kai ? :laugh:

Galaxy Trooper.........BUGS !......Starship Troopers. :wink:

Sheriff I would say Gunfight At The O.K. Corral ? :grin:

Alien Trooper........looks like something out of Ben 10 ! :laugh:

The rest are good to excellent in design.....though I'll just get one Ming, maybe some GT's and some carpenters for my town MOC's......but Ming, yes I've always wanted to make some Flash Gordon stuff ! :grin:

Looking very nice! Not that many uninteresting characters this time around (could do without the Fencer, Carpenter, and Cyclops, but that's about it). The Wizard, King, and Hot Dog Guy are easily my favorites of the series. :thumbup: Nice to see that after 13 sets of these there's still some cool ideas out there for them to use.

While I think the female Cyclops is plain stupid, I just see sand blue hands. So she is top of the list for me :-)