just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

The problem with themes like The LEGO Movie, Simpsons and Ninjago is that they're not for everyone. Sure, the fans of those themes will love them - but many others won't touch them at all. Whereas the "regular" CMF series is usually so varied that there's pretty much always something for everyone's tastes. In most series, there's 3-5 figs that appeal to me - while in the TLM and Simpsons series, there were none.

I know this isn't the first time someone here has said this, but it always strikes me as peculiar, given that the The LEGO Movie Minifigures really aren't actually all that different from one of the regular numbered series of Minifigures; in many ways it's very close to one. The three robots, scribble-faced Bad Cop / Good Cop and Wild West Wyldstyle are really the only five who wouldn't make sense in and of themselves without the movie, and even the last two would be fine with just a single part swapped (or in Bad Cop's case, his head just turned around to show the 'bad cop' face - Wyldstyle's hair could be replaced with another element and turn her into essentially a classic, traditional Western figure). Granted, that still leaves the group with a heavier-than-usual focus on Town / City people, but that's always been the most-represented theme in the Minifigures line (heck, even The Simpsons minifigures are nearly all the same way, if one simply swaps the heads for more traditional ones).

As to reusing the Simpsons CMF, Apu's body worked for a desert merchant in GOH.

As to the new molds for this series, they make me wish I could get to my local Target more often.

but the Simpsons are completely unusable in any other environment, even the torsos look too toyish for anything else.

now my feelings on the saw....I was thinking it looked a bit cartoon-ish

What, and virtually all other LEGO elements don't??

I mean, they are toys, and pretty stylized, cartoony ones at that...

I saw nothing of value even piece-wise in the Simpsons CMFs. The torsos were too simplistic to be useful and they didn't even have any useful accesories. Waste of a series IMO.

My feelings exactly! On a positive side though, it appears that Lego put a lot more detail in series 12 figs which may have been indirectly helped by the time delay of releasing the Simpsons CMFs.

That headdress reminds me of someone..... but I assume that one is licnesed and not allowed to be used here.

I know this isn't the first time someone here has said this, but it always strikes me as peculiar, given that the The LEGO Movie Minifigures really aren't actually all that different from one of the regular numbered series of Minifigures in many ways.

Same here. I regard this as a semi-special series since it doesn't really bother old fans that much. I know the main characters are very specific but they can still be modified as we want. The only pity could be that the other regular-CMF-like characters aren't able to enter the MMO world as the others do.
Was hoping the rumours about a second Simpsons series were only that. I don't dislike the TV show but it bothers me that we'll miss out on another normal series for something that isn't Lego's own brand.

I wish that Lego just made Simpsons sets like other licensed themes so that it doesn't get in the way of potential new non-licensed figures that can be integrated into other themes rather than just the non-compatible Simpsons line. The last series didn't really have any new accessories to make them at least almost worth while. Oh well, my money will probably be better spent on other products than Lego in 2015, especially as I have no need for more police.

The main reason behind this could be that LEGO determine to make most of the iconic characters, and they decide to make molded heads (urrrrh) so only CMF production line would allow them to realize this.

The compatibility of skin color is a great advantage to MOC lovers, but still I wish the headpieces could also made to be compatible.

Edited by Dorayaki

What, and virtually all other LEGO elements don't??

I mean, they are toys, and pretty stylized, cartoony ones at that...

There's a fine line. I got an extra simpsons nelson who's head got lost, so I tried to use his torso and legs for a regular town kid and it looked out of place. a bit more cartoonish than otherwise. Maybe flanders, burns and apu's torsos would look better.

I don't care much for The LEGO Movie, but TLM series had the most useful parts. The where's my pants guy had a great hair piece that I can now use on the Rock star to make him look more like Elvis, and less like a Kiss member, also great shirt. Velma staplebot has great 50's style hair, the western bot has great hair and torso for a prostitute, Shakespeare is a great gift figure, but his bald hair piece in combination with glasses is great to make a pedophile, the panda bear sells ice cream in my town, barrista - again great hair! Lincoln is great to have instead of the mayor in Town hall, etc...

Edited by Sven F

There's a fine line. I got an extra simpsons nelson who's head got lost, so I tried to use his torso and legs for a regular town kid and it looked out of place. a bit more cartoonish than otherwise. Maybe flanders, burns and apu's torsos would look better.

Different strokes and all that, I guess. To me, the Simpsons minifigures (minus the heads, of course) fit in with other "city"-type minifigures remarkably well. I honestly don't see how Nelson's torso and legs are any more or less cartoonish than typical ones from some other, "regular" minifigure, and frankly I could just as easily see someone complaining that the regular ones are more cartoonish (than the Simpsons ones) as I can see you complaining the opposite; both viewpoints are pretty much equally incomprehensible to me. But YMMV, of course.

I saw nothing of value even piece-wise in the Simpsons CMFs. The torsos were too simplistic to be useful and they didn't even have any useful accesories. Waste of a series IMO.

While I mostly agree, the Simpsons CMFs did provide a few cross-over possibilities. For example, I used Mr Burns' legs and torso to MOC this Riddler:

the_riddler.jpg

That is a great Riddler minifig! There are some torsos and legs that I could see limited use for, but only as a slight variations on existing parts, and definitely not worth $4 for.

I think Homer's and Burn's torsos work great for normal figs. (I used Homer's torso for a Cricket Player in a MOC recently and it worked great)

It just me or that Alien Trooper's head looks way too cartoonish?

I think it depends on how its coloured, plus I have not seen so many aliens in the flesh for comparison :-p

But to me it looked like it could definitely form the basis of a good ood minifig, which is a definite bonus for me!

December is approaching but yet no pictures. I remember when in december we had pictures of both series 6 and 7.

The Good ol' times

I think this will be like Series 9. We'll get pictures until december 1st :sadnew:

It just me or that Alien Trooper's head looks way too cartoonish?

Not for now. I hope printing will not be cartoonish like yeti's.

From a Hungarian lego blog. I don't know the source.

lego-minifiguren-serie13.jpg

Awesome! The printing on these are so much more detailed than I expected!

Edited by just2good

very excited as usual for these! They look excellent, the king looks like the Burger King

Hopefully these start showing up a little before January so that I'll be in the US and be able to pick them up before I leave.

Edited by intimmydation

Fantastic Details on all these figs! This might be the first time I buy every figure, and this may be my favorite series to date!

Ok so of the ones I am interested in:

Hot Dog man is the star of the wave for me hope we see more costumes in cmf waves

King looks great a sceptre would have been good and I think the crown and hair are together

Spaceman look good but where are the wings and why does it have galaxy squad loges but does not really fit with the others?

Alien looks cool, is that a new gun?

lady Cyclops, why oh why does it have to have lipstick

evil wizard, where is the new hat in red again disappointing

Edited by SMC