just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

The Goblin hair is pretty obviously going to be used for the Green Goblin eventually. When I saw it, I almost screamed with joy, because the first thought was "Oh hell yes, they're making classic GG!!!!!!" Not, "Oh, that's our S13 Goblin!!!!" Since Doc Ock had a comics variation this year, I am positive Goblin will have one too. The piece is almost identical to the LMSH game! Although it works great for an imp being here. I don't know why anyone speculated it to be for the Elves theme. All of them have hair.

I'm excited about the Hot Dog Guy, since the mould looks very well-done, and exactly what I imagined from a LEGO hot-dog suit. The Unicorn Girl's helmet is well-done, too.

Shame about the fourteenth series.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Shame about the fourteenth series.

*oh2*

Hold on....

You mean Series 14?

Do you know anything about S14? :look:

Edited by Robert8

It's the Simpsons S2. We've seen the prototypes.

The Simpsons S2 should not be referred to as S14. That would imply Simpsons S1 is S13 (and TLM S12), which is not the case. By the time Simpsons S2 comes out there will have been 15 preceding series, without counting the Team GB series.

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I never really called it Series 14. I called it the fourteenth series, which was a mistake because I forgot about TLM and the first Simpsons. But yes, I know that the Simpsons/LEGO Movie series don't fit with the chronology of the others, and I never meant to imply that the Simpsons was S14. My broken brain made me place it as the fourteenth series ever, which was wrong.

Edited by 8BrickMario

But it still means that we will have about 3 months of simpsons instead of a normal series. I don't mind the simpsons, except that they disrupt the normal series. Wish they did them in parallel.

Actually, The Simpsons CMF is still available alongside Series 12 (which is currently sold out :angry: ) on the US site.

Actually, The Simpsons CMF is still available alongside Series 12 (which is currently sold out :angry: ) on the US site.

There's some reason why S12 got sold out quick because people buying them for the MMO code. I checked at TRU.com, but it sold out again and again.

The Lego movie series sold out very quickly too, as did s8 and s11. S7 hung around forever, and s10 was out for quite a while too - I'm pretty sure they produced significantly more of s10 than the other series with the Mr Gold promotion. The Simpsons series has also lingered a long time.

The Lego movie series sold out very quickly too, as did s8 and s11.

TLM series was sold out and discontinued immediately after all LEGO Movie showings at theaters are gone. Maybe soon, they will make another LEGO Movie series when the sequel came out that supposed to be in 2017, but they moved in 2018 due to the untitled LEGO Batman movie. Hoping for the Ninjago series that is based on a film.

Hoping for the Ninjago series that is based on a film.

Oh no... no more invasions to the CMF theme, please! :ugh:

TLM and the Simpsons are enough.

The upcoming Ninjago film is actually part of the LEGO Movie, but its a spinoff film.

And also if they make a CMF series based on LEGO City Undercover, that would be cool since there's no other physical minifigs from LEGO City Undercover was made before other than Chase McCain.

I agree that should NOT invade CMF Series with anything based on licensed film and TV shows.

Edited by legofanatic12

Hoping for the Ninjago series that is based on a film.

Again, why not? More subthemes could diversify this theme. I think the main problem is that special series do "invade" the schedule, based on the fact we probably only get three series this year, if LEGO isn't actively adding the production lines and make s13 happen right in December. That should the main reason why special series aren't welcomed.

As for existed LEGO themes, the main problem would be that TLG and plot writers have to come up with more than 10 characters/variations that aren't usable in regular sets. However unlike TLM, action themes heavily feature the vehicles from regular sets so I don't think a minifigure line works.

And also if they make a CMF series based on LEGO City Undercover, that would be cool since there's no other physical minifigs from LEGO City Undercover was made before other than Chase McCain.

I think regular City Police sets could have been a better place for those characters since that game were meant to promote that game. Edited by Dorayaki

I am very happy to see the Palaeontologist, have there been any pics yet? I hope the accessory will be a fossil tile :-)

Again, why not? More subthemes could diversify this theme. I think the main problem is that special series do "invade" the schedule, based on the fact we probably only get three series this year, if LEGO isn't actively adding the production lines and make s13 happen right in December. That should the main reason why special series aren't welcomed.

As for existed LEGO themes, the main problem would be that TLG and plot writers have to come up with more than 10 characters/variations that aren't usable in regular sets. However unlike TLM, action themes heavily feature the vehicles from regular sets so I don't think a minifigure line works.

The problem with themes like The LEGO Movie, Simpsons and Ninjago is that they're not for everyone. Sure, the fans of those themes will love them - but many others won't touch them at all. Whereas the "regular" CMF series is usually so varied that there's pretty much always something for everyone's tastes. In most series, there's 3-5 figs that appeal to me - while in the TLM and Simpsons series, there were none.

The problem with themes like The LEGO Movie, Simpsons and Ninjago is that they're not for everyone. Sure, the fans of those themes will love them - but many others won't touch them at all. Whereas the "regular" CMF series is usually so varied that there's pretty much always something for everyone's tastes. In most series, there's 3-5 figs that appeal to me - while in the TLM and Simpsons series, there were none.

While this is true, allow me to present the inverse: The TLM Series is the only one that i own a complete set of, and I bypassed Series 5 altogether.

Well I agree with that in a commercial view, though to me some of the original TLM characters could also be used in regular themes or CMF series. And to be more strict, CMF series use many existed LEGO themes that not every FOL likes.

I can't tell how the compensation mechanism works, but licensed blind bags have been here in the toy industry for a long time and weren't invented by LEGO. As long as they clearly know what they're doing, we don't need to care whether they'll sell them at loss.

That doesn't say regular series have to disappear. But IMO as long as TLC is not adding their annual production lines, it would lead to that regular and special series must compete with each other and the result would definitely displease a certain group of FOLs.

The only thing we know for sure is S13 would be after S12. I can see something different coming, but not just two special series in a row :sceptic: .

Edited by Dorayaki

Well I agree with that in a commercial view, though to me some of the original TLM characters could also be used in regular themes or CMF series. And to be more strict, CMF series use many existed LEGO themes that not every FOL likes.

I can't tell how the compensation mechanism works, but licensed blind bags have been here in the toy industry for a long time and weren't invented by LEGO. As long as they clearly know what they're doing, we don't need to care whether they'll sell them at loss.

That doesn't say regular series have to disappear. But IMO as long as TLC is not adding their annual production lines, it would lead to that regular and special series must compete with each other and the result would definitely displease a certain group of FOLs.

The only thing we know for sure is S13 would be after S12. I can see something different coming, but not just two special series in a row :sceptic: .

We actually know also Simpsons Series 2 after S13.

I happen to know 6 out of 16 of the actual minifigures of that series.

We actually know also Simpsons Series 2 after S13.

I happen to know 6 out of 16 of the actual minifigures of that series.

Can you share it, if you don't want you don't have to. I just want to know who the 6 are.

I don't mind any series from which I can use at least some characters or parts. TLM might have just as well have been a normal series as there is a lot of variety in it, and had the most number of unique head pieces 15/16, but the Simpsons are completely unusable in any other environment, even the torsos look too toyish for anything else. I think the Simpsons run parallel to ser.12 only because they haven't sold all the stock.

Edited by Sven F

Can you share it, if you don't want you don't have to. I just want to know who the 6 are.

Me too. We know 2 for now.

That armor goes to the Galaxy trooper, the galaxy trooper is going to have the galaxy squad wing pieces.

The Snake Charmer's cobra

TB27mplaXXXXXaDXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg

TB2TYByaXXXXXbOXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg

Also this could be for the samurai, or it could end up being a ninja warrior:

TB2N4VEaVXXXXXcXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg

Edited by amazingbricks