just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

Isn't there a set number of female figures per line? Which ones could be female? I don't know about you, but something tells me that "unicorn girl" might be female. I don't know why, just a hunch is all. Disco Diva, Lady Cyclops.

Well, excluding Simpsons, TLM is so far the series with six ladies and then series has five. I hope that that it goes back to six.

As others predicted, the rest two could be Fencer and Paleontologist. I hope that one of the two Space characters is a lady this time.

I hope the paleontologist is not female. The research scientist was female. All the minifigs in the Research Institute are female.

Seriously that set was not famed for minifigures since it only introduced one original print. Even if we'll get a guy, he wouldn't be a counterpart to the female figs, actually. It should be a good news for us to get the original version of paleontologist.

Oh and, no more Nurse ponytail this time. :tongue:

Then this is the Evil Wizard in the new list.

In theory, he is the one, and TLG would likely do so since he needs no new part. Though that's less surprising.
I wondered about that as well. Thing is, his torso and legs are taken from the 2007 Fantasy era evbil wizard / Mallock the Malign, as he was known in some other medium. If we really get this guy, I would expect different leg printing, and probably different torso printing as well.

Reminds me of Prince Varen. That crown is priceless, literally.

ClutchP_Screen19.jpg

The Princess was pretty original, so this time maybe both the King and Evil Wizard could be more different. Despite I hate rehashing, I'm curious about how the Queen turns out in the future.

Im not aware of a CMF sheriff. Do you mean the S1 cowboy?
Sheriff Not-A-Robot is the most Recent sheriff we got. I think it's a nice chance to get the mustache recolored.

http://i.ebayimg.com...NpQ!~~60_57.JPG

And now you've seen a unicorn suit in real life! Well, in a picture of real life.

Thanx!..... and now I'm glad that the minifigure is cuter than the real one.

Still no blonde ponytail girl (sigh).

Edited by Dorayaki

I think this is probably fairly close to what we will be seeing. Remember at this early stage we tend to get some rather funky translations. also do not assume 5 females. The number can probably vary some. Also remember that many CMF's tie into past or recent past lines. So Galaxy Trooper probably has some aesthetics from Galaxy Squad. Alien Trooper may be using unused or leftover GS bug alien parts or AC parts. The Samurai may be a misread on a Chinese warrior. (Wasn't there a rumor of a tera cota warrior fig at some point?)

Ah! Perhaps it could be a Terra Cotta warrior. That would make this series one of the best yet. Though I still think Evil Samurai is the most likely. Or Female Samurai. Or Evil Female Samurai...

And I, for one, cannot wait until someone uses this head with the unicorn suit, as has been done with previous animal costumes:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb501

That would be hysterical.

I think it is unlikely that the samurai is a Terracotta warrior. TLC would probably release a plain-coloured version because that's the way they look nowadays (actually they were coloured). Such a minifigure would be very unique and an online shop would probably not mix it up with a "normal" asian warrior. Look at the cheerleader girls, we also got a second version, even with the same hairpiece, just different colours. The new samurai might thus wear the already available darker armour version, and the body might be white or blue. Hopefully the helmet comes with a proper tatemono similar to the front crest in the old samurai sets. The lack of a crest was a major limitation of the series 3 samurai IMO. And hopefully they do NOT use the bucket handle like on Samurai X. Of course it would be great to get a completely new headpiece, maybe even with a mask, but well, we can't expect too much. But if we get a second samurai then there's also a chance to get another geisha :classic: Unfortunately many of the Ninjago minifigs just don't feel right if you want to have a (semi)accurate historical figure (due to the dragon prints, ...).

A Terracotta/Chinese warrior would be great of course. For the meantime there's still BrickTW for Chinese and Si-Dan Toys for Japanese historical equipment.

Edited by Oederland

That's odd. I recieved my issue of the LEGO Club Magazine today and the figures are nowhere in sight. :look:

-Sci

I received one yesterday and didn't see anything special about it. Maybe it is a regional thing? I'm also US.

Nice looking list. A few repeat characters (Another Alien, Space Trooper, and Samurai) but overall it has the potential to be a good series. Egyptian Warrior and Snake Charmer seem to be the standout ideas for me. :thumbup: Definitely will pick up a few from this series.

That's odd. I recieved my issue of the LEGO Club Magazine today and the figures are nowhere in sight. :look:

-Sci

I received one yesterday and didn't see anything special about it. Maybe it is a regional thing? I'm also US.

It's from the UK magazine.

I love the Snake Charmer. That cobra and turban were much-needed. The Unicorn Girl is a disappointment due to her mask style. A full-face one like the Panda or Gorilla masks would have been better. I like her tail, though.

Lotta rehashes. A pointless Samurai, a bad-sounding Lady Cyclops, and the Galaxy/Alien Troopers? I need images to see if they're worth anything. The Evil Wizard (please be a recolor of our S12 one) and Goblin sound fantastic-literally. I hope the Goblin uses the Elf/Werewolf hair in two greens. The Egyptian Warrior, Carpenter, and Geologist sound promising. We'll need an Electrician soon! The King, Disco Diva, and Fencer sound cool as well. Hoping for a terribly dated '70's hairpiece. And the Hot Dog guy sounds entertaining. Paper hat and new hot dog bun?

My dream would be these guys. I'd love a whole army of the figures. Granted the bigfig would be cool too. But in CMF, these would be more likely with a soft rubber headpiece?

My dream would be these guys. I'd love a whole army of the figures. Granted the bigfig would be cool too. But in CMF, these would be more likely with a soft rubber headpiece?

Where's that picture from?

I just noticed the german site has the names with the indefinite article and in german those are different for female and male nouns, so we can know who are the females minifigures. :laugh:

Oddly enough, there are only 3 females minifigures in the list: Lady Cyclops, Disco Diva and Unicorn Girl. :wacko:

I'll come clean here - I actually knew about the unicorn girl months ago. That's why I put "brony" in my guessing game entry.

Oh yeah.... I remember.

When I made a post about the lacking of news about the next CMF series, you told me you knew there would be more numbered series. Days after, Ghostmind found out about Series 13 in the swiss site.

Is there anything else you want to share with us??? :sweet:

Edited by Robert8

I have a question- when does the next Argos catalog come out? Maybe we'll see the full series there, like we saw with 12.

I have a question- when does the next Argos catalog come out? Maybe we'll see the full series there, like we saw with 12.

We should get pictures soon since the german site confirms the date release is January, 2015.

That means, WhiteFang's review will be out in 3 weeks or so....

God, this feels so rushed. I can't still understand why Series 12 was pushed back. A 3 months gap is not long enough.

So, here are my opinions. Still counting on this being the real list.

* Galaxy Trooper: I thought this was covered by the Galaxy Patrol. Maybe a female version? Maybe using the Space Miner hat?

* Alien Trooper: Again, I thought this was covered by both the S3 Alien and the S11 Alien Avenger.

* Evil Sorcerer: I guess I expect modified version of the CMF-game evil red wizard, but a witch-doctor like Robert8 suggested would also be fun.

* Classic King: Yeah, I expected this one. I wonder whether we will see a new crown or sceptre mold. Maybe the heroica mace in gold? In any case I expect some nice ermine printing.

* Imp: sounds like one of Toths figs. If so, sound pretty good, if the designers stay true to his concept. Of course, it could be could even if they don’t. And it it’s a goblin rather than an imp, that sounds even better. In any case, I hope its sand green to match the Fantasy trolls.

* Snake Charmer: I thought they might make such a fig to fill the Middle Eastern slot. Hopefully the flute will be printed. Cobra looks great, though I hope it will come with a basket.

* Lady Cyclops: :D well I never saw this one coming…

* Paleontologist: Expected. Like I said, I expect a woman in safari wear, tan, dark tan or olive green, with a pith helmet or a bucket/fishing hat (maybe a new mold with hair?). A magnifying glass and/or a bone for an accessory.

* Carpenter: hoping for a handsaw, or a chisel. Not hoping for a hammer or a ruler, since we already have those.

* Hot Dog Vendor: Im expecting something like a cross between the TLM ice cream guys and Kebab Bob, with the CMF Butchers hat. Im a fan of food-industry figs, so sounds good.

* Sheriff: About time we finally got this fig. I wonder whether he wil have the (not a) robot Sheriffs hat

* Samurai: Interesting, as we already have one.Will it be female? Or an Evil Samurai? Or a Shogun, with golden helmet and armor, for example? Or, as others have speculated, a terra cotta warior?

* Disco Diva: Sounds good. Inevitably for the time period, I wonder what hair she will have.

* Fencer: Another long-awaited fig. My pick for a female fig.

* Unicorn Girl: Funny. But Im not into these costumed figs.

* Egyptian Warrior: I was wishing for an ancient egyptian warrior, but It thought it too obsure to happen. I would expect him to have the headdress in a plain color, the khopesh sword and scarab shield, however inaccurate that might be. Though I would prefer something more historical, with a cowhide shield, if he will have the khophes it should be the bronze color, and something like the Inrina Spalko hair to reflect the hairstyle of the era.

Sheriff Not-A-Robot is the most Recent sheriff we got. I think it's a nice chance to get the mustache recolored.

True, but there is non in the CMF line, which was that I was reacting to. I wouldnt expect the mustache for this CMF sheriff, as it was part of a disguise, not something stereotypically associated with sheriffs.

Is the Hot Dog Guy is a vendor who sells hotdog in the streets or a guy in Hot Dog Costume??? It's kind of confusing to me.

I hope is a vendor or a service person since we had a S6 Butcher, TLM (Not the CMF The LEGO Move Series, but the one from the sets) Ice Cream Mike and Kebab Bob and a S12 Pizza Delivery Guy.

I can't still understand why Series 12 was pushed back. A 3 months gap is not long enough.

The delay was because the MMO wasn't release ready.

Production still happened as per schedule. I am still surprised that there weren't more early releases due to all the stock sitting in the chain waiting for the delayed schedule.

Production for S13 is underway already.

This list sounds too loaded with army builders, even though it looks to be true. 2 troopers, Egyptian Warrior, Samurai and Goblin? Plus 5 historic and castle figs (Egyptian, Samurai, King, Wizard and Sheriff.) The Egyptian Warrior and the Goblin could have huge potential! Can't wait for pics/Fang's review.

Is the Hot Dog Guy is a vendor who sells hotdog in the streets or a guy in Hot Dog Costume???

His name is Würstchenverkäufer. Verkäufer means vendor.

So he would be the guy who sells Hot Dogs, not a costumed guy

* Imp

Imp?

Well, it appears in the original list as a "Kobold".

A Kobold is a creature on its own (from Germanic mythology), but I thought he is what we know as a Goblin

Can someone confirm this?

His name is Würstchenverkäufer. Verkäufer means vendor.

So he would be the guy who sells Hot Dogs, not a costumed guy

Imp?

Well, it appears in the original list as a "Kobold".

A Kobold is a creature on its own (from Germanic mythology), but I thought he is what we know as a Goblin

Can someone confirm this?

There is also still the possibility that this shop got a list of english names and made its own translations.

Anyway, a "Kobold" can be many things from Pumuckl over garden gnomes, leprechauns and santa's helpers (unlikely as the first one is too far off and we've seen the other two) to evil fantasy creatures.

I like how the leak of this list actually creates more excitement by giving so much room for speculations. However, I also think that series 12 (seeing it with a bit of distance to the initial thrill) is not among the best series and I feel the same might apply to this one. Nothing that makes me think "wow, that's overdue!" or "why didn't I consider this yet?". Well, ok, maybe the Female Cyclops, but even though I've never heard of one of those, how else would this species reproduce? :wink:

Edited by figura

* Samurai: Interesting, as we already have one.Will it be female? Or an Evil Samurai? Or a Shogun, with golden helmet and armor, for example? Or, as others have speculated, a terra cotta warior?
Considering the possible mistranslation, I assume it's still a Japanese character but slightly different from the original Samurai, like the case of Musketeer/Swashbuckler. Perhaps "Shogun"?

And we also have a current Japanese-oriented theme Ninjago, so I think it could be abit conflicting to get some similiar characters like a female ninja. Well recent CMFs have rehashed many known characters from regular themes. IMO If TLG want to go into realistic culture, not the technological Ninjago, I hope we can see some different ancient titles that Ninjago wouldn't use.

Edited by Dorayaki

Is there anything else you want to share with us??? :sweet:

Ummm... I think at this point everything I know about upcoming releases has already been revealed. Oh, except for the hot dog guy. There's a reason I changed my avatar.