Thankyou very much :thumbup:

First MOD will be to upgrade the compressor I think. The new cylinders are great, just what I've been asking for but I think they are under performing here for whatever reason. It will need minimum two pumps working 180 degrees out of phase I think. I can understand if only one pump is included for cost reasons. There is already a lot in this set.

Edited by allanp

High performance pump will cause a well known problem of the LEGO pneumatics. Movements will become very rough!

At list this way, they work smoother. :wink:

Ok, a bit of a better performance shouldn't make it too bad. :classic:

Ok, in the video, what Zblj linked here, looks much smoother.

(Still, i could imagine a higher level presentation for 100-200 Euro technic sets, especially, that these are the first impressions for the public.)

The steering looks to work perfectly and very smooth (unlike the horrible Unimog steering) ... and from either of the two orange lights. Nice. Great model!

Edited by Emmi

FWIW, the classic, and much-loved Air Tech Claw Rig / Compressor Truck had an identical issue with low speed pneumatics, so it's not new :classic:

No the 8868 has Not this issue. In contrary its pneumatics operates very smooth and with fast response. Much better than the Unimog 8110...

No the 8868 has Not this issue.

Eh, yours doesn't, mine did :classic: Same fundamental issue - low stroke volume on the pump. :wink: Maybe shorter tube runs on 8868, and smaller, so less weight to move?

Edited by andythenorth

I think it's funny that I wanted a fire truck for the flagship and we're getting a fire plane and a dump truck. So close, but so very far away.

Any idea when we're going to see 42039 in the US? Everything else from 1H is out but that set.

I think it's funny that I wanted a fire truck for the flagship and we're getting a fire plane and a dump truck. So close, but so very far away.

Any idea when we're going to see 42039 in the US? Everything else from 1H is out but that set.

March I suppose.

Is the motorcycle finally out now?

NVM, I just looked, the motorcycle still isn't available in the US yet, either.

Edited by rollermonkey

That more than confirms white, angled panels... It adds three more for five in the set!

I can't tell, do you think the rudder actually work, too?

I must admit, that caught my eye too.

I can also see that connection in the box as well! It looks like it's connected by friction, but I think this is just some supports.

Also, I think this model can seat two figs quite snugly. Just wrap them in legal rubber band.

That more than confirms white, angled panels... It adds three more for five in the set!

Look carefully...looks like there are other 2 on the rear end side....one per side! :)

I can't tell, do you think the rudder actually work, too?

According to the small pic on the box (down right) it should! At least, I think I see a small round arrow around it...

I think the axle is not illegal as rhe panel is hollow and thus plenty of space for the axle. One could check with the yellow dumptruck, which has two of these panels in yellow.

The plane indeed seems to have a moving rear rudder: the beams directly behind the panel...