It's still Lego. Don't like it? Modify it. Adding those extra wheels would be at the expense of other parts, like the pneumatics or other new parts.

Exactly people listen to this man!

It's still Lego. Don't like it? Modify it. Adding those extra wheels would be at the expense of other parts, like the pneumatics or other new parts.

Eh, I agree with that 100%, and the 'double tyres or not' situation is a total unknown, so it's a bit early to declare double-tyre-gate. :classic:

Still, a couple of new pneumatic cylinders are not so valuable and amazing that they justify cutting 4 extra tyres out of a £170 set. :wink: Those tyres sell for around £1.50 including wheel on Bricklink, and likely cost TLG a fraction of that to produce. It's hardly a drama, it just seems a bit cheap if they have done that. The inevitable cost-cutting on flagships is usually quite subtle and doesn't seem obviously cheap.

But eh, nobody knows anything yet anyway, or if they do, they're not telling.

Edited by andythenorth

Exactly people listen to this man!

I dont like this kind of argument.Looks silly to me and it ignore collectors that dont want to modified model or dont want to pay extra money.Im expecting for 230 euro set every detail, that can be imagine.

For example steering of volvo is great example, its shaky but can be modified.But modifiing cost quite a bit of money, so I rather ignore this set.

So last years big set, the 42030 Loader, was $250. but it included a lot of power functions. Now this year the set is £170 with only one motor.

That seems reasonable

So last years big set, the 42030 Loader, was $250. but it included a lot of power functions. Now this year the set is £170 with only one motor.

That seems reasonable

But Volvo is 1600 pieces set and this is about 2800 with full of pneumatics.

Somebody see treasure in power functions, I see it in interesting pieces and piece count.

You are correct, someone does like his power functions. But anyway why do you think this set is so much cheaper than the Volvo? It nearly (ok not really) doubles the piece count and has all that "great" pneumatic stuff. I don't get it

WOW the 42030 was $249 USD? it retails at $359 AUD... i got mine for a bit less but still, that's ridiculous,

WOW the 42030 was $249 USD? it retails at $359 AUD... i got mine for a bit less but still, that's ridiculous,

Blame Texas! ... I meant Taxes, I typed Texas but I meant taxes =)

I dont know why is lego so pricey in Australia, maybe shipping from europe cost too much.

Import taxes, shipping is actually very cheap to just about anywhere on the planet

In Brazil, the 42030 costs 499USD (R$ 1.100).

It is considered a good offer, any Lego set, in the similar price to the US. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Well... 359 AUD is about 290 USD so $40 for tax and far delivery.

In Brazil, the 42030 costs 499USD (R$ 1.100).

It is considered a good offer, any Lego set, in the similar price to the US. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

1100 Brazilian Reals is about 422 USD, not 499

Import taxes, shipping is actually very cheap to just about anywhere on the planet

Not anywhere!!! Import taxes are very high sometimes!

And I blame lego for high prices in Czech republic...It looks to be worse anywhere

I cannot believe that 42043 costs almost as much as 42030, even though it has only 1 PF motor. The Brickset guys quote the price at 170 GBP, which equates to 255 USD, so I think there is a mistake somewhere. I'm thinking, at least in the US, it will cost roughly 230 USD, since it has 100 more parts than 42009. Also, why is it such a large part count? Or are they just adding pins to inflate the number, so that they can make the claim it is the largest set ever? I'd gladly sacrifice some of the parts count in order to get dually rear wheels.

Edited by Saberwing40k

I cannot believe that 42043 costs almost as much as 42030, even though it has only 1 PF motor. The Brickset guys quote the price at 170 GBP, which equates to 255 USD, so I think there is a mistake somewhere. I'm thinking, at least in the US, it will cost roughly 230 USD, since it has 100 more parts than 42009. Also, why it it such a large part count? Or are they just adding pins to inflate the number, so that they can make the claim it is the largest set ever? I'd gladly sacrifice some of the parts count in order to get dually rear wheels.

Ratio price per piece is great.There are penumatic that cost some money, I overall want this because it look like cool piece donor.

Maybe that piece count is high, because there is tipper full of pins :-D .

Who cares how much it costs :) will be the num 1 set of all time!

Hmmm, I dont know...Probably my wallet?

And only time tell if this will be num 1 set of all time, for studless era for sure.

Who cares how much it costs :) will be the num 1 set of all time!

Hmm, better then 8043 or 8258 ? Really curious about that :classic:

I doubt that Arocs will be the best selling Technic studless set of all times. Without RC it will be hard to beat the 8275 in selling numbers.

I doubt that Arocs will be the best selling Technic studless set of all times. Without RC it will be hard to beat the 8275 in selling numbers.

Best selling doesnt really mean popular amongst afols.

Rc sets are probably popular amongst regular buyers, but I think afols prefer complex non rc sets.

1100 Brazilian Reals is about 422 USD, not 499
Real exchange rate might differ from indicated by google or something like this. For example, in Ukraine we have official exchange rate like 1$ =16 UAH, but if you're going to buy something from abroad using your credit card, real exchange rate will be something more like 1$=20 UAH.

For those of you who have seen a tiny picture of the 42043: can you tell me what kind of crane the truck has? Is it a normal knuckle boom crane or is it a "Epsilon" (from Palfinger) model?

Look at Dokludi replica, is 85% same from what we can see on preliminary picture.

Is few page back or write 42043 dokludi on google.

Edited by Ondra