Huw wrote this as a comment on TechnicBricks, hope it is okay to post here, if not I will edit.

The fire plane is a single propeller driven sea plane with two floats, much like this one http://www.zenithair...o-floats06.html .It was predominately white with red accents and stickers. The ailerons moved and I suspect the tail flap did too but I didn't witness that. Size-wise I'd say it was about the same as 8836 Sky Ranger.

On bold: Whoa. Either that plane is chock-full of functions and is well clad or it's just well-clad, or that it's just chock-full of functions. But I'm predicting that this will have the excellent value-4-money the Compact Tracked Loader had for it's size. Edited by XAxles

This would be so awesome if they had colored parts packs... And my ultimate wish... Panel/flex axle parts packs...

Could you imagine a parts pack with one of every style panel and flex axle size in like 10 different colors..?

One flex axle comes to my mind, that is very rare and expensive in a certain length and a certain colour. That would be mega for you Paul as a MOC designer and even more mega for us to collect and build them then! After I get the Backhoe V2 built, it will be time then to collect and build my first Crowkillers car. Which one? I'm not sure, I like them all!

Huw wrote this as a comment on TechnicBricks, hope it is okay to post here, if not I will edit.

OK, so the crawler lattice boom might not be 1m in length but it was certainly long and impressive.

Oh, the places that phrase in bold will go. Edited by XAxles

1400 parts??? I think that will be full of features!

Maybe with a motor that control 4 functions

I agree with you here. With 42043 being the 2015 2H flagship, I'm thinking one L motor controlling a few features through a gearbox with the new collar design. I can't see them going all out on a few motors in a set, when it is not the flagship.

It looks like Mercedes has suspension, kinda...

The four front wheels steer proportionately and the rear pair of axles seemed to be connected as a bogie, mounted in the centre. At least that's as much as I could tell when I lifted up the front to gauge its weight. So, not suspension per se but the body can be rocked side-to-side on them.

So...live axles? Or the tipper is the one you can move about?

Please, Conor, do a comment. Then I'd comment after you do. Then you comment again.

Could it be the light blue gearrack has this color because it is not 13 or 7 studs wide but maybe 11, 15 or 9?

Would make sense considering the color coding of axles and beams.

So...live axles?

No. According to text, it will be pendular.

If it was live axles, truck would be able to swing borth up and down and to sides.

Finally some content. I am excited about the 1/11 Pneumatic cylinder. That should be a helpful part for situations where space is at a premium. I am also interested in this boom piece.

Finally some content. I am excited about the 1/11 Pneumatic cylinder. That should be a helpful part for situations where space is at a premium. I am also interested in this boom piece.

I really don't think the cylinders will be only 1 wide u can clearly see in the image there 2 wide. This was obviously a typo. Also 1 wife would leave them too weak and bend.

Has anyone noticed the center cylinder looks black rather than chrome. I really hope not.

Edited by davidmull

I really don't think the cylinders will be only 1 wide u can clearly see in the image there 2 wide. This was obviously a typo. Also 1 wife would leave them too weak and bend.

Has anyone noticed the center cylinder looks black rather than chrome. I really hope not.

I am too afraid that they will bend too much, but I would love to have them. Also, just imagine what would 2 or more wifes do to them! :)

Edited by Milan

It looks black on the truck, could be just the angle, but look at the orange part of the box, the rams all look silver for sure.

I am too afraid that they will bend too much, but I would love to have them. Also, just imagine what would 2 or more wifes do to them! :)

:head_back::rofl::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Milan I saw the same thing there

It looks black on the truck, could be just the angle, but look at the orange part of the box, the rams all look silver for sure.

On which picture can you see the colors ??!!!!

Please, Conor, do a comment. Then I'd comment after you do. Then you comment again.

Good on you XAxles. Sorry, I didn't realise we were quoting completely different comments, both at the same time. Surely that's OK? We will just have to make sure we are not online at the exact same time again and that will solve that! :classic:

On which picture can you see the colors ??!!!!

The low resolution image that we have been talking about the last few days.

I haven't seen the pictures as they are still not public. There are times I need movement rather than strength as bracing is being done by something else. So a pneumatic with a width of 1 and a length of 11 would be valuable to me.

Eh, I've no more idea than the rest of you about 1-wide cylinders, but if they're real, they'd provide a lot of flexibility for building.

I like small. The small LA is massively effective on the smaller models. A 1-wide set of pneumatic cylinders would allow for small excavators etc that would be very fun to play with. It also opens the door to an incredibly ultimate backhoe loader. The 8069 backhoe with LAs is one of my favourite recent technic sets for playability, but with 1-wide cylinders a really elegant updated version of the 8455 pneumatic backhoe could be done.

I'm not convinced that 1-wide cylinders would be too weak to use.

(1) they could be ganged together in arbitrary combinations

(2) I don't think that the cylinder width makes much difference to any bending moment caused by compression load when the ram is extended, i.e. as long as the seal is tight and the ram itself doesn't flex, the whole assembly won't bend under load

(3) I don't remember simple fluid dynamics very well, but iirc, when the surface area of the ram is decreased, increasing pressure in the system results in the same total work

The current mini-cylinder bends because it has a thin, weak (ABS? nylon?) ram, and the overall tolerances on the part seem relatively lax. That could be avoided.

But eh, I don't know if they're 1 wide. Might just be a typo on the box?

Edited by andythenorth

But eh, I don't know if they're 1 wide. Might just be a typo on the box?

At first I thought that first number means number of pieces included in the set.

Good on you XAxles. Sorry, I didn't realise we were quoting completely different comments, both at the same time. Surely that's OK? We will just have to make sure we are not online at the exact same time again and that will solve that! :classic:

Oh, no! Actually, I love it! Let's do this again!

No. According to text, it will be pendular.

If it was live axles, truck would be able to swing borth up and down and to sides.

Pendular? Man. Though I think that's the easier suspension to package for this model.

Well, if all i hear here is true, we are going to have some cool 2H models this year. The crawler crane sound a lot better than i ever imagined.

Looks like TLG's Technic division has redeemed itself.

I wasn't aware there was any need for redemption.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Looks like TLG's Technic division has redeemed itself.

Redeemed for what? :classic:

The biggest most complex Technic crane ever produced?

A fully RC technic loader, with a huge new bucket part?

A whole range of high playable smaller sets that are affordable and contain interesting mechanisms?

Varying the colours of the 2015 sets from yellow / red / yellow / red / black?

Introducing a powerful but compact L motor, and a high-quality servo part?

Myriad other new parts in recent years, including a full range of new panels, sliding 8t gear, redesigned standard gear, D-frames, H-bones, new pins with cross axles, new diffs, new steering parts, new universal joints, new LAs, portal axles, new clutch parts, new pneumatic parts and multiple new pin joiners and axles?

42008 was pretty bad, no argument, but eh. :wink:

Edited by andythenorth